“A bit older but still great!” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18220 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Vancouver, Canada
“A bit older but still great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel before flying out of SeaTac the next morning and I was quite satisfied with my stay.

The front desk staff during both arrival and departure were pleasant and service was very quick. Granted I arrived later at night but I was in my room within 5 minutes of my arrival, and I was out the door within 5 minutes upon departure. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived as the Sales Team from the hotel had left me a welcome card a the front desk thanking me for my business as I had used a corporate code for my booking. This was a nice personalized touch that I appreciated very much.

As noted in my title, the hotel itself is a bit older, but still great. The front desk area, hallways, and elevators were very clean despite showing a bit of their age. My room was also very clean, and it appeared that most of the furniture and was new, including the bed. Linens were clean and crisp. The bathroom showed it's age quite a bit as it was quite dark and the shower head leaked a little bit, however this was not a big detraction from the over all hotel. My room was a minutes walk down the hall from the elevator, and there were no external noises at all from ether the hallway or adjacent rooms,

The high point for me about this property was its proximity to SeaTac and the fact that it has a MasterPark attached to the hotel. I simply gave my keys to the MasterPark attendant and it was a nice enough day that I was able to walk to SeaTac (5-10 minutes depending on how long you have to wait for the traffic light!) rather than wait and take a shuttle. When I arrived back into SeaTac it as a nice walk back as well - a great way to stretch my legs after a 9 hour flight!.
Overall to me, this was a 4/5 and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good room at a good price and doesn't need anything overtly fancy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Good spot if you are using the hotel or don't want to spend as much for parking, etc in downtown Seattle....about 11 miles to the city.....small fitness room with only 3 machines.....outdoor pool which is seasonal.....breakfast offered next door in the restaurant, but you do have to pay....free parking while staying at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Santa Cruz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

So, I needed a no-frills, budget bed, close to airport for connection in morning. I hate long courtesy bus rides. Red Lion is at the entrance 100 yards, you walk both ways, although in the morning my airline was the last counter at the end of a long line of airlines :(lol At 1am, the 2 clerks were bright & cheery, made me laugh, and no problem getting me to bed. Great breakfast buffet in the morning. Room was standard impeccable. Purrfect!

Room Tip: Voluminous shower, a waterall, but hot hot hot water, be careful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I'm sorry that your flight ended up delayed, but it's wonderful to hear that we made your impromtu stay with us great! Our front desk staff has a great sense of humor and love to make our guests happy, so thank you for letting us know we did! We hope you have the chance to visit us again. Hope you got to the east coast safe and sound!

Best,

Jen
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed one night at Red Lion SEATAC on our way to California. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfy and fresh. We left our car for 10 days while we traveled to California. We love this hotel for our trips south.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We hope you keep staying with us when you travel too!
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We figured we should eliminate stress after days of driving and B&B's before the long flight home. This hotel is what we expected for the location & price. Friendly, clean, and big comfortable room. Basic breakfast next door, and off we went.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in July at the hotel. The staff are very friendly and the board in the lobby listing places to visit in Seattle is very nice. Hotel is dated but is clean and the rooms are big. After reading reviews here, we requested for a quiet room on the top floor facing the back side away from the traffic. Front desk staff assigned us such a room when we arrived late at 9 pm. However, we could not sleep at all on the first night because of a loud noise coming from the roof. I immediately informed the front desk about it. Someone came to our room right away and told us that it is a fan on the roof that is making noise. As they had no other rooms available that night, we had to stay there that night. Next morning they gave us another room facing the Tully's restaurant. This room is OK, but the shower was very loud. We did not had a comfortable stay at this particular Red Lion hotel and will not return again. One other complaint I have is I did not receive any frequent flier miles for my stay,even though the staff told me that I would.

As we arrived late on the first day, Tully's was closed. Front desk staff gave me a menu for Pizza Palace and told us that they deliver free of charge. We ordered a pizza right away but they delivered it 2 hours after ordering. When I called Pizza Palace after 1 hour to know the situation, he was rude and hung up on me. Even the delivery guy was rude (both are East Indians). I do not recommend Pizza Palace to any one.

The hotel is very closed to the Airport and has a shuttle every 10 minutes. Light rail station at the airport is within 10 min walk, which is very convenient to go to Downtown Seattle. The hotel has a small selection of food at the front desk for a quick bite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate any and all guest feedback!

I wanted to apologize for your stay being less than comfortable. I know that certain rooms can be louder than others in the hotel, but it's not fun to miss out on a good night of sleep while traveling.

You mentioned the problem you had with frequent flyer miles, and that you also stayed over the summer with us. We actually do know what most likely happened and we have worked it out. In short, a few months back when anyone would go in to update or change a R & R membership # in a reservation in our system, it would refresh all of notes and info, so sometimes airline miles that should have been earned were not. Everyone on staff is now aware that this happens, so these problems do not happen very often anymore. If you would like, please call the R & R rewards customer service phone number and we can get that taken care of for you. Because frequent flyer miles for hotel stays are definitely awesome!

Sorry about the bad pizza, but we are not affliated with Pizza Palace in any way other than knowing it is open until 2am while most other places around us are not.

We do hope you give us another chance!

Jennifer Kiefl
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect spot when you've got an early flight out of seatac. There's a free shuttle, and if weather permits, you can even walk - about 5 minutes.
The building itself is a bit dated, but the room was updated, clean and comfortable.
Considering we were facing the road, we did not hear much street or airplane noise and got a great sleep here!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank for for taking the time to let us know how your stay went! I always like hearing that our guests had both a great night sleep and were able to take advantage of our pretty awesome distance from the airport. And we like to think of our building as having "personality" that comes with age!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!