“Very good value and good location to Sea Tac” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18220 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very good value and good location to Sea Tac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel and were VERY satisfied with the size of the room (approx 300 sq ft), cleanliness of the room and hotel, very comfortable king sized bed, small refrigerator and microwave (hidden in a cupboard), and very good TV. Wifi is free however there is no password on using the wifi so we chose not to connect. Registration was very easy and very nice and helpful receptionists. There is food available in a large cooler near the front desk. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel but we never ate there. Transportation to and from the hotel to the airport runs every 5-10 min. We will definitely stay here again due to the value. We DID NOT have any "incidental" charge on our room. Parking was $10 / night and that was one reason we decided to stay here since we had a car. Other hotels in the area charge $25/night parking.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a king sized bed and we had plenty of room. Room was quiet. We stayed two r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for the lovely review, it's always great to hear when our guests have a great visit with us. We hope to see you on your next trip in Seattle!

Best,

Jennifer Kiefl
Sales and Catering Assistant

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found the hotel to be clean; the bed was comfortable; the staff was friendly and efficient. I thought it was a great place to stay at a very good price and we will select this hotel the next time we are traveling through Seattle.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about us, I'm glad you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next visit through the Seattle area!

And Ithaca is Gorges! (I couldn't resist, I grew up in Syracuse and have been lucky enough to spend some time in Ithaca!)
Wenatchee, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Wife and I both are very healthy but after 1 night there had sneezing attacks the next day. Pretty certain it was from dust mites in the pillows. Be careful with shower as hot is scalding. Won't return

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
As someone who has super sensitive allergies myself, I want to apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. We have never had a complaint like this, so I have asked our housekeeping and engineering staff to look into it, but our rooms usually get complimented for being clean and comfortable.

I'm sorry that your stay did not live up to expectations, but I do hope you give us a second chance!

Best,

Jennifer Kiefl
Sales and Catering Assistant
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good value across the street from SEA. Older hotel, but large clean rooms & comfy beds/pillows. Bad: only one elevator working made it take longer to get into and out of hotel. Also, this location charges you $40 for "incidentals" and I don't mean a temporary authorization, it's a true charge on your credit card and they refuse to refund the money for 45 days! Total BS! There is no minibar and they provide free internet so I can't understand why they would refuse to refund my money which amounted to over 50% of what I paid for the room! This policy disturbs me and I may not stay here again just for that reason.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I believe our finance department did reach out to you, but I wanted to just clarify a few things. We, as most hotels do, preauthorize a charge on credit cards for incoming guests. It is a $40 charge that is removed within 3-5 business days. It does not stay on credit cards for 45 days and it is a preauthorization only.

I apologize for any confusion, but we couldn't refund the $40 to your card because it was the preauthorization charge and not a "real" charge. I do hope that this clears things up because we do appreciate your business and do hope to see you soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here after arriving on the ferry from BC in September. The free airport shuttle was quick and easy. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend for a quick night before a morning flight.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff was exceptional from the very beginning. I arrived early on the light rail from the airport and had an appt at 10:30am.. While I was thinking of just a hold of my baggage, I got an early check in and when I needed my taxi, staff was out flagging one for me immediately. Seriously! Everyone was helpful to my extent of what I needed help with...I travel to Seattle ALOT, so I know what I'm looking for...but even a late check out was no problem. As far as location, I finally realized how convenient this place is to all my destinations. And the bed was awesome. I didn't try the hotel restaurant or room service, but the Keurig coffee was a great start

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Arrived mid-morning and MasterPark parked our car and shuttled us over to SeaTac. No wait. We were gone 5 nights and arrived back at SeaTac only to wait 5minutes for the MasterPark shuttle to deliver us back to the Red Lion to stay overnight (we used the ParkSleepFly.com service). We arrived at 11pm and immediately given our room keys and told check-out wasn't until noon. We were grateful. We were told an all you can eat buffet breakfast was available from 7-10am (Sunday) for $7.95/each. Our room was on the 3rd floor towards the back; initially the hallway smelled of an ashtray; again, grateful the room was clean and fresh. No smells. Our air worked great and we heard nothing; slept like babies until 10am (missed breakfast, but that was ok). We checked out and MasterPark had our car to us within 2 minutes of receiving our receipt. This was a VERY good experience for staying at the airport and I would do it again in a heart-beat. Clean rooms, great service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!