“Great Bachelorette Party” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
washington
“Great Bachelorette Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

So my best girlfriend is getting married next month and I had the honor of throwing together a last night out in her honor. After 3 days of calling and emailing so many different hotels, Ruby from Red Lion emailed me back with some great prices for a conference room to play games in, block rooms for girls to stay in and a great menu for catering should we need it.

Since they were close to the light rail for us to get into Seattle and I had the pleasure of staying here before, I immediately started setting everything up. Ruby passed the reigns over to Cassina, the catering manager and she was awesome. She answered all my questions quickly and had a great sense of humor about our festivities. The hotel was so accomodating to us. She was quick to fix a discrepancy in the written agreement and made sure I had all the pricing right away. Cassina really went above and beyond in making my party setup easy.

On to the day of the event, she introduced herself to me and put all of us gals in rooms that were on the same floor as the conference room for ease of access and all in a row so we could get to eachother quickly. It was great planning on her part. Our bartender, Nicole was awesome. She was super friendly and made quick and tasty drinks. I met the head chef, he hand made our egg rolls which were delicious and had the most beautiful presentation for the cheese platter that we ordered. Cassina and Nicole made sure that we had a great time and were really professional. They even told me that this was the first bachelorette party they had ever put on. They are old pro's now.

Because of their attention to detail and thoughtfulness, this party was one of the best we've had. Thanks ladies. Oh another honorable mention, since we were a party 10+ drinking women, they helped us to get set up with a van that dropped us off and picked us up from night club in Seattle. The driver was super funny and very patient. They gave us a great deal and really helped to make the night safe and fun. I will definitely use Red Lion again for parties or as a quick over night when we go on vacation. Thanks Cassina and Crew. You guys were/ are the best!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Apparently the ones on the 4th floor are the best. Also, of the two rooms I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rachel K, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the absolutely glowing review! I am so pleased to hear that your stay with us was such a blast, and that our staff was so accomodating and helpful. Cassina, our Catering Manager, and NIcole, our Banquet Server certainly are gems, and they put such 'fun' into their work, that it shines directly through to our guests.

I am so thrilled your stay was so great, and we are ecstatic we've earned your business and loyalty.

Fondly,

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Red Lion for a busines conference at the airport. All staff very friendly, hotel close to the airport with free shuttle and light rail station within walking distance to check out sites downtown. Hotel itself is little older and rooms basic opposed to new hotels where bathroom is luxurious. Beds very comfortable and was able to get a good night sleep for business meetings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review! I am truly so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay wtih us so much while you attended a conference at the airport. We are a very favorable option as we offer a 24 hour complimentary shuttle to and from Seattle Tacoma International Airport.

Chehalis, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our family had a "First Cousins" reunion at the Red Lion at SeaTac. We stayed 3 days and were very pleased with both the hotel accommodations and with the staff. We had a private banquet one of the nights at the hotel, and the food was excellent!! Cassina in the Catering department was very helpful in making all the plans for the event. All the cousins agreed that our reunion was a huge success, in part because of the Red Lion and their staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! Our Catering Department (which includes Cassina, our Catering Manager) certainly do an outstanding job. We are really so fortunate to have such hard working, creative employees!

Your kind comments will be read at our weekly staff meeting, and we very much appreciate the time you took to share your great experience.

Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We purchased this hotel through Hotwire for a great price plus a nice rebate included. Hotel is right across the street from Sea Tac with I believe a 24 hr. shuttle to-and-from the airport. There's even an Alaska Airlines check in kiosk in the lobby of the hotel. Even being so close we never heard any plane noise in our two nights stay. The room was spacious and very clean with an extremely comfortable extra large king bed. The only problem we had was a toilet which didn't flush well which my wife (Yes, she's the fix it person in our family) fixed after a couple of minutes. There is also a restaurant right next door which is part of the hotel property with a Tully's Expresso Bar. Service there was excellent as well. To use the computer in the lobby there is a charge after the first free 15 minutes of $5+ for each additional segment but with most everyone except myself carrying their own laptop, this is not really a negative. There is also a charge for parking which I think is $5 per night which probably isn't bad for this quality of hotel even though I really don't particularly like paying for hotel parking. It's not included with Hotwire or Priceline purchases. Anyway, my wife and I were very happy with our stay and would highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel K, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
What an outstanding, glowing review! I'm so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. I agree, our signature Red Lion Stay Comfortable beds are quite cozy, and the fact that we were voted #1 cleanest rooms chain wide makes us such a favorable option.

We truly appreciate the time to took to relay your great stay to thousands of other Trip Advisor readers, and hope we have the chance to serve you again.

Warmest regards,

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great shuttle service from the airport. Staff both on the shuttle and the hotel are so helpful and friendly. The rooms are great. Two huge beds. Good coffee. And now they sell snacks from the lobby and they are healthy ones with salads etc available. They are never in a hurry to get you to check out. We leave our bags in the hotel, go and collect the rental car, and come back because the rental shuttle isn't much fun. Gregory's is the restaurant attached to the hotel. Highly recommended salmon and burgers and great to help you to adjust to pacific north west time. I find eating at their mealtimes even if not very hungry is good to aid jet lag. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain. Rainier is beautiful when visible which isn't always...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
What an outstanding review from a guest all the way from London! We love hearing your kind words, and more so love the fact that your stay with us was so comfortable. Our Executive Chef, Darrell, certainly deserves a pat on the back for a job well done with Gregory's Bar & Grill. On another note- I agree, the rooms with a view of Mount Rainier are most stunning.

We hope to serve you again in the future.

Fondly,

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Convenient to airport. Rooms clean and well appointed. Nice large bay window. Also close to transit train to get downtown if you wanted to. Staff friendly and efficient. I was with a small dog, and they gave me a pet room. They have quite an extensive pet policy, including "don't leave pet in room unattended, even in a kennel" - so it isn't a place you can really come and go - but on the other hand, you never hear a dog barking either - so there is a plus! But if you're just stopping overnight before or after a flight, or passing through, then I recommend staying here. Additional fees: parking $10 and pet $15 - just so you know... The only think I didn't really like was that the doors to neighboring rooms seem to make an excessive amount of noise when they are closing. I would return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wow- what a great review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us enough to write a review on Trip Advisor- we pride ourselves on our great service, and comfortable accommodations. While your stay was great, I did want to point out that if you sign up for our Red Lion R&R Rewards Program, and achieve gold status, the pet fee is waived. It's a great incentive for staying with our great brand!

We hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.

Anacortes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've spent many a night at the Red Lion and after my recent stay I decided that was my last night. This review is for all of my stays and not just the recent unpleasant experience. It's not horrible, but there's a lot of room for improvement, such as:
- Breakfast should be included and be available early
- The price is too high compared to other hotels in the area for what you get
- The facility needs to be updated
- The elevators are WAY too slow...people are there because they need to get to the airport FAST
- The staff are not "welcoming" (see more about that below) and need a refresher in customer service
- Their computer system needs to be fixed...I've made requests along with my reservations and they fall on deaf ears. For example, my wife is handicapped and I requested a room close to the elevator. We got a room FURTHEST from the elevator. We arrived late at night and were too tired to come all the way back down to get a different room.

On the plus side, I will say the beds are extremely comfortable and we both had a good sleep.

When we checked into the hotel, the desk clerk never smiled, didn't explain what services were available or provide information willingly (we had to ask), ask us how our day went or if there's anything that can be done for us to make our stay more comfortable...nothing!

The next morning when my wife and I were about to step on the elevator to leave, a housekeeping lady came racing over asking if we were checking out and what room we were in. We said yes and told her the room. I swear, if she had a football in her hand she would have spiked it in the ground and done a touchdown dance. I laugh about it now, but in hindsight it was very unprofessional. At the very least, she should have asked if we had a pleasant stay and wished us a good trip.

When I submitted my complaints and assessment to the hotel, the customer service person wrote back thanking me for taking the time to write and hoped that I would return in the future. This was the second time I'd made similar complaints and I got the same result. There was no offer of a discount on my next stay or reduction of the current one. There was no confirmation of what they plan to do to rectify things in the future. It was very discouraging.

On a subsequent stay at SeaTac we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites and it was everything the Red Lion was not, very welcoming staff, superb accommodations, breakfast included and about $30+ less per night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel K, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. First and foremost, my utmost apologies your stay with us was so lacking all around. As I'm sure you can see, it is rare for us to recieve less than stellar reviews, thus we do take your comments very seriously.

We have gone over your review at our weekly staff meeting, and addressed the issues you mentioned. Our Front Desk in particular wanted to also offer their apologies for the service issue you experienced; they agreed they should always be smiling, and offering the best guest experience possible.

I am glad we were able to make this right with you (outside of Trip Advisor), and that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming your business again.

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!