“Nice place to stay when changing planes overnight in Seattle” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18220 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Anchorage, Alaska
“Nice place to stay when changing planes overnight in Seattle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A nice place to stay when overnighting in Seattle when changing planes. I stayed two different nights and only had to wait at most 5 minutes for the shuttles. Friendly, helpful staff, small adjacent restaurant that serves good, quick meals. Facilities and rooms appear well kept up and clean. Not much noise considering you are next to a busy road and airport. Things quite down at night. Rooms are nice and roomy, a bit dated, short on electrical outlets where you need them (like most hotel rooms you should bring an extension cord). As others have remarked the bathrooms are small. I’m a big guy (6”-3”) and I had to turn slightly sideways to get through the bathroom door. Everything in them looked like it was designed for someone 5’9”. Otherwise very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I’m so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I certainly agree and am so happy that you found our location to be so quiet, rooms comfortable, and most importantly our staff to be so accommodating. I really appreciate the time you took to share not only your positive feedback, but the areas where we can improve as well. Please know we do take your suggestions seriously, and we will be going over them in our weekly staff meeting.

Again; your feedback is most certainly appreciated, and we eagerly await your next visit to the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport.

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by multiple friends so I was quite confident in what I would be getting and I was not disappointed.

I was greeted by a very friendly, Breanna, who extended a great welcome after my mini-road trip with my family. She pointed out everything I needed to know about the hotel as well as how to make use of the park and fly.

The hotel itself was very clean and my room was nice and large. There appears to have been some recent upgrades in bathroom and some furniture. It gave me more than I expected for the price.

Had a great sleep and the park and fly arrangement was very convenient. That staff was very friendly and helped me with bags, car seats and stroller - including at the airport drop off, where they helped me unload everything.

I will continue to use this hotel and join my friends in recommending the hotel.

Room Tip: Booked 14 day parking online even though I was only travelling for 10 days because there was only op...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Wow, first and foremost what an outstanding, detailed review! I'm so pleased that our Front Desk Agent, Breanna was able to make such a difference in your stay; she is a cornerstone player at our hotel, and brightens up not only our guest's day, but her fellow employees as well.

We are so fortunate to be able to offer such great service, and appreciate the time you took to review our hotel.

Juneau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When passing through Seattle we always stay at the Red Lion Seattle Airport. They have several shuttles available so you never have to wait long and all the staff is wonderful. The restaurant has a great deal on a simple breakfast buffet that is even better for families with little kids.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I agree, we are fortunate to have an incredible staff.

We truly appreciate your outstanding feedback, and look forward to your return.

PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A family member recommended this hotel to me for a one-nite stay prior to an early flight. Beautiful park-like setting, along a river - close to the airport with free shuttle every half hour. Pleasant outdoor seating in good weather. Limited dinner menu, very good breakfast. Very pleasant staff. Room was very average at best. AC was off at arrival and the room had a mild funky smell - went away after the AC got running. The AC is right next to the desk, so you can't have it on and work at the same time. Great speed on the free WIFI. I would have preferred to be closer to the center of town - I didn't feel like walking thru a park and over a foot bridge to get to the action.

Room Tip: Use the hotel's direct reservation system - there's another service that books these rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking time to review our property! I'm so pleased to hear you found our property to be so comforting, and the atmosphere one to remember. I agree that our location, being right on Bow Lake makes for a beautiful view. I appreciate your heads up regarding a 'mild smell' coming from your room. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our Engineering team.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and eagerly await your return.

Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

First time in Seattle. Decided to book with Priceline bid tool and got this hotel for $55 per night. The hotel is very close to the airport without the airport noise, that's definitely a good aspect to it. The reason I dint like this hotel was because the amenities priceline said I was to get I dint.

First of all, they charge for parking. A complete surprise to me since it said FREE PARKING on the amenities list. $10 per day. This really pissed me off because I can't stand hidden fees. There is no coffee in the lobby or breakfast or a nice staff.

The room was clean. The bathroom even though spacious lacked place to put my belongings. It has a lil narrow glass shelf that's well pretty narrow. The room was cold. I had the heat all the way up to no avail, the room was cold all night.

Overall I dint like it. Maybe it was Priceline's mistake or maybe not but the $10 per day parking fee really set the tone on this one from the get go.

Would not recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest review; the time you took to voice your experience truly means so much to us. I'm sure you've noticed the exuberant caliber of our other reviews, and it makes it clear that though a hotel can perform top notch, no property is perfect and there is always the occasional mishap; please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay with us was such. I would like the chance to explain a few of the areas you mentioned:

I l looked over our Priceline listing, and though listed under amenities it states we offer parking (though, not 'free parking), I can certainly see how this can be misleading, and I'm in the process of updating that channel now. While you are correct, we do not offer coffee in our lobby, there is complimentary in-room coffee in each of our 144 guest rooms (we also include to go cups in each room, for your convenience). There is also an onsite Tully's Coffee Bar, and we serve our Signature Roaring Start Breakfast Buffet inside Gregory's Bar & Grill for $7.95 for hotel guests.

Again; my sincerest apologies that your stay with us fell short of our normal Red Lion Standards. I truly believe we could offer you a much better stay in the future, and you are welcome to contact me personally, anytime by dialing our main line (206) 246-5535, and requesting me by name.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here with a friend for two nights. The checking was easy and friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Location is very handy to the airport, shopping and dining. The extra parking fee was only $10 per night.
You need to check it out next time you're looking for value, comfort, service and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! I"m so pleased to hear you found our hotel great enough to write on Trip Advisor about, it truly means the world to us. I agree our location is not only perfect in an airport market, but in a leisure market as well, with our close proximity to fantastic dining and shopping options.

We whole-heartedly look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I "ended up" at the Red Lion Seattle Airport after a hellish-day of traveling, having been stuck in traffic on Manhattan, waited 1.5hours in "premier security line" at EWR, only to miss my flight. I was rerouted to Seattle and had to overnight before taking the first flight home to Vancouver, I quickly pulled up my HotelsTonight App and found a good deal with the Red Lion. I had stayed at the Red Lion in downtown Seattle once before and enjoyed the experience, so I was happy to give RL-SEA-Tac a try. Well, I'm glad I did.

My first interaction with the hotel was through the courtesy van phone line outside the airport, the van arrived within five minutes and I was on my way to the hotel. Upon arrival (just before midnight), I was warmly greeted by Tyler at the front desk. He had the perfect balance of cheerfulness and professionalism (and trust me, I was hard to please at that point). He understood that I wanted to get into my room right away but provided me with just enough information so I wouldn't need to call down for more info. He gave great advice on food options in the middle of the night, and I thoroughly appreciated his knowledge of the area.

The room was clean and had everything I needed for an airport hotel, the water pressure in the shower was strong, the bed was extremely comfortable and adjustable air conditioning (a must for me).

I do have two minor gripes: there was no place to plug in your phone near the nightstand and the sleep timer function on the TV remote didn't work for me.

But overall, I had a great night's sleep which put me in a good mood to fly home and straight into the office, check out was speedy and courteous, and a follow-up email from the hotel a couple days after I departed was a nice touch.

I usually stay at large chain hotels due to my status with Hyatt, SPG and Hilton Honors, but if I ever need an overnight again at SEA-Tac, I would definitely consider the Red Lion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Wow! I'm so pleased to read your review of the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport. When a guest takes the time to tell of their encounter, especially one that is this outstanding, we are truly grateful. First and foremost, Tyler, our Night Auditor is without a doubt one of our best, and I can't tell you enough how pleased I am that he was able to make such a difference in your stay. It is our utmost goal to provide the type of service you encountered not only from Tyler, but from the entire staff, and it's clear we've accomplished that goal through your review. I noticed you mentioned you enjoy staying at other brands because of your point status, and I wanted to point out that we too have a rewards program, called the Red Lion R&R Club; guests receive 10 points per dollar, and can start redeeming at only 5,000 points, with complimentary stays only at 10,000 points! It's a great program, and complimentary to join.

I've shared your review with our entire team, and Tyler has received major 'kudos' from our entire staff, and management personnel. We truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel, and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Been to Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!