“Comfort and quiet.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Comfort and quiet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Perfect beds, so comfortable. Great room service menu, pizzas and paninis at night and crab benedict for breakfast! Only thing wrong was that I had requested a handicapped room because I was told it had a larger tub. Turned out it was same size tub, just had rails on it. Not a problem. Mini frig and coffeemaker in room. Big screen tv. Marble counters in bath. Not bothered by planes, stayed in room facing courtyard. Would happily return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I flew up to Seattle for an overnight stay only as I was up here for a movie date with a friend.

Pick up at the airport by the shuttle was prompt, courteous and without incident. Check-in by the staff, even though I was early, was accomplished and my room assigned without a problem. The two folks manning the front desk were efficient, courteous and polite and made it a breeze.

I was immediately assigned to a room on the first floor with a view of the courtyard. The room appointments were standard. The one thing that I found puzzling were the electrical outlets located on the lamp fixture. My AC adapters were all very loose fitting and I'm not sure if that was just due to the years of usage or deliberately by design. No matter, just an observation and not a knock against the hotel or the furnishings.

Bathroom was of a decent size. It seems that they standardize the bathroom accessories across their chain. Same brand shampoo and conditioner no matter whether you're in Ireland, London or in the US. Not bad at all.

The sleeping experience was phenomenal. Let me repeat that: It was phenomenal. I'm not sure what to attribute it too, but I wish the Hilton hotels abroad would use the same bed as they did in the particular Hilton. It appears to have had a nice soft mattress and down pillows/comforter, which led to a marvelous sleeping experience. I've never slept so well when I'm traveling and aside from my movie date it was the second best part about my stay up in Seattle. If you need to choose a hotel to stay in near SeaTac, if the Hilton doesn't break your budget, you MUST choose this hotel just for the sound sleep you will have. Noise from airplanes flying in and out of SeaTac was non-existent. Either that or there just aren't that many flights overheard when I was in the room.

The buffet breakfast I had this morning was on part with what I've experienced abroad. The in-room Internet connectivity, while not as blazing fast as it was in Paris (a whopping 4 Mbps download speed AND they've contacted me regarding the charge for Internet access), offered good options for getting connected and to work.

I did not get a chance to make use, if they existed, of a business center, executive lounge, spa, pool or gym.

The in-room environment controls did a particular good job of keeping me comfortable. The thermostat was set at 70 and not once did I need to adjust it either. No problems regarding noise at all in the hotel with the exception of some folks getting back to their rooms late last night, but I was online watching a show on MaxGo so it wasn't like they were disturbing my sleep. Had I been asleep in the marvelous bed, I highly doubt I would have heard them even.

Very close proximity to the airport. In fact, I remarked to the shuttle driver that it is a stone's throw away from it.

I highly recommend this Hilton property for your stay if in the area and you need to be by the airport.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what to offer up as a tip. You won't find any surprises with the quality of foo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kent, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Usually when a hotel says they accept pets they mean they will "tolerate" them. Hilton made us feel like our dog was a member of the family. They gave us a room right on the courtyard so we could easily take him out for breaks. They even had treats for him. It was really nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sidney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent hotel and room service. Was staying the the Rainfurrest convention and had to wait for a few hours for the room to be available, but it was clean and both front desk and room service staff were very friendly.
However, it is the Hilton and there are some rather expensive problems - such as overpriced food and drinks. If one is on an all-expenses paid trip this probably won't be an issue.
Wi-Fi service was adequate, but again expensive.

Will definitely be back next year, but hopefully there will be a free wi-fi service and a much faster option available for a price - just my suggestion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kenmore, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Main hotel spaces are reasonably clean and cared for, but I must have been stuck in the wing that was serviced by the 'B' team. In addition to the mold and mildew in the shower, the stand that should have housed a minibar had a broken lock and no refrigerator. Housekeeping was quite ... charming? The first person I asked to tend to the mildew called engineering for some reason (because dirty tile is an engineering problem? What?), then returned to bleach-bomb the bathroom. The resulting bleach stink that permeated the room for the next day would almost have been worthwhile if it had actually gotten rid of all of the mildew, but it was still at least 50% there afterwards. The next day's housekeeper was quite a charmer, too! As I was about to leave in about 15minutes, I asked her to come back later, but she got up in my face about how she couldn't be going here and there, comin' back all the time, cause she had a job to do. Okay, go ahead and clean while I'm here.. Oh no, you gotta get out! I can't be.. anyway, you get the idea. It's obviously a pervasive problem with the housekeeping staff there, so I assume it's management that doesn't care, and not just an occasional bad experience. The main desk staff seemed much friendlier, by comparison, while the restaurant (Spencer's) is hit and miss - which means more 'miss' on a bang-for-the-buck scale. In general, give his place a 'pass' if you can. Maybe it's the SEATAC area in general, or maybe it's just this Hilton, but I can't recommend a stay here unless you're getting a screaming deal (read: free-on-points?)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
Chris,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the various challenges that you experienced with you guest room and bath room. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that need some improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Kayten Porter
Director of Guest Satisfaction
Olean, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel has maintained an excellent property for a number of years. It is clean, comfortable and very conveniently located across from the Seatac Airport in Seattle. Shuttle arrivals and departure to the airport on a regular basis, convenient to car rental agencies and well situated to begin or end a journey to the region.
One of the best amenities of the hotel is Spencer Steakhouse and Restaurant. Over the years, I have both enjoyed the fresh seafood, great steaks and amazing lobby bar. A true gathering place, great staff and no disappointments at Spencers which is adjacent to the lobby and check-in area of the hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room on the courtyard side of the hotel....it is very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Massillon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Like everyone said before the hotel is very close to the airport. When I tried calling the hotel to pick up us the first time they did not answer. I was traveling with my disabled mother and it would have been a challenge to get to the parking garage if it was not for the Cruise Line helping me with the baggage. When I got up there I called again and they promised to send me the ADA van to pick us up. (Hilton is one of the few hotels in the area that have a ADA van).
Like everyone said the food in the hotel is very overpriced as well as the Internet. I got the faster speed and I was able to watch church service over the Internet. As for food we went to the 13 Coins restaurant a few blocks down from the hotel. All sidewalks were accessible for wheelchairs.
The reason for the low marks is because where the accessible rooms are located. I don’t understand why the rooms are so far from the main elevator. It felt like I walked a mile to get to the room. My mom wanted to walk to the room pushing her wheelchair, but it proved too far. Luckily some other visitors saw us and they pushed my mom to the room and help me push our suitcases to the room. The next day I did discover a closer elevator and had to walk outside to get to the lobby.
We did have a nice big room, and the room was very clean. The walls in the room are very thin and we could hear the people in the next room talking. You could also hear the planes at the airport. Next time I come to Seattle I plan on staying somewhere else mainly because of the distance one had to walk to get to the ADA rooms.

Room Tip: If you have problems walking ask for a room closer to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center? Share your experiences!