“Rainfurrest 2013” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sidney
“Rainfurrest 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent hotel and room service. Was staying the the Rainfurrest convention and had to wait for a few hours for the room to be available, but it was clean and both front desk and room service staff were very friendly.
However, it is the Hilton and there are some rather expensive problems - such as overpriced food and drinks. If one is on an all-expenses paid trip this probably won't be an issue.
Wi-Fi service was adequate, but again expensive.

Will definitely be back next year, but hopefully there will be a free wi-fi service and a much faster option available for a price - just my suggestion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Kenmore, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Main hotel spaces are reasonably clean and cared for, but I must have been stuck in the wing that was serviced by the 'B' team. In addition to the mold and mildew in the shower, the stand that should have housed a minibar had a broken lock and no refrigerator. Housekeeping was quite ... charming? The first person I asked to tend to the mildew called engineering for some reason (because dirty tile is an engineering problem? What?), then returned to bleach-bomb the bathroom. The resulting bleach stink that permeated the room for the next day would almost have been worthwhile if it had actually gotten rid of all of the mildew, but it was still at least 50% there afterwards. The next day's housekeeper was quite a charmer, too! As I was about to leave in about 15minutes, I asked her to come back later, but she got up in my face about how she couldn't be going here and there, comin' back all the time, cause she had a job to do. Okay, go ahead and clean while I'm here.. Oh no, you gotta get out! I can't be.. anyway, you get the idea. It's obviously a pervasive problem with the housekeeping staff there, so I assume it's management that doesn't care, and not just an occasional bad experience. The main desk staff seemed much friendlier, by comparison, while the restaurant (Spencer's) is hit and miss - which means more 'miss' on a bang-for-the-buck scale. In general, give his place a 'pass' if you can. Maybe it's the SEATAC area in general, or maybe it's just this Hilton, but I can't recommend a stay here unless you're getting a screaming deal (read: free-on-points?)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
Chris,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the various challenges that you experienced with you guest room and bath room. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that need some improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kayten Porter
Director of Guest Satisfaction
Olean, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel has maintained an excellent property for a number of years. It is clean, comfortable and very conveniently located across from the Seatac Airport in Seattle. Shuttle arrivals and departure to the airport on a regular basis, convenient to car rental agencies and well situated to begin or end a journey to the region.
One of the best amenities of the hotel is Spencer Steakhouse and Restaurant. Over the years, I have both enjoyed the fresh seafood, great steaks and amazing lobby bar. A true gathering place, great staff and no disappointments at Spencers which is adjacent to the lobby and check-in area of the hotel.

Room Tip: Take a room on the courtyard side of the hotel....it is very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Massillon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Like everyone said before the hotel is very close to the airport. When I tried calling the hotel to pick up us the first time they did not answer. I was traveling with my disabled mother and it would have been a challenge to get to the parking garage if it was not for the Cruise Line helping me with the baggage. When I got up there I called again and they promised to send me the ADA van to pick us up. (Hilton is one of the few hotels in the area that have a ADA van).
Like everyone said the food in the hotel is very overpriced as well as the Internet. I got the faster speed and I was able to watch church service over the Internet. As for food we went to the 13 Coins restaurant a few blocks down from the hotel. All sidewalks were accessible for wheelchairs.
The reason for the low marks is because where the accessible rooms are located. I don’t understand why the rooms are so far from the main elevator. It felt like I walked a mile to get to the room. My mom wanted to walk to the room pushing her wheelchair, but it proved too far. Luckily some other visitors saw us and they pushed my mom to the room and help me push our suitcases to the room. The next day I did discover a closer elevator and had to walk outside to get to the lobby.
We did have a nice big room, and the room was very clean. The walls in the room are very thin and we could hear the people in the next room talking. You could also hear the planes at the airport. Next time I come to Seattle I plan on staying somewhere else mainly because of the distance one had to walk to get to the ADA rooms.

Room Tip: If you have problems walking ask for a room closer to the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for a conference and, although deflated by the steep daily internet access rate, I agreed to it and was punished all weekend for my decision.

It worked. Sort of.

It wasn't hard for other conferencegoers to find me. I frequently had my hand in the air trying to get a signal.

The signal vanished the moment I went across the rear driveway to the Hilton conference center. I kinda felt stupid for purchasing the access. It didn't work in half the hotel.

Okay, WiFi might not be the reason you are staying at this hotel or any other hotel, but if you are here from out of town and need WiFi access for events and meetings it's a real pain in the behind.

The bed was a bit on the soft side. If you like pillowy mattresses, you'll love the bed.

I balked at the twenty-dollar breakfast buffet. I can't recall ever spending that much on the first meal of the day. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky about shelling out a sawbuck for a meal? I did reluctantly pay $4.38 for a cup of coffee. I just wish the bar staff was a little friendlier.

It might have been sorta worth it if they didn't act like I was invisible for the five minutes before I had a chance to order it. One manager-looking employee came behind the bar while I waited, actively avoiding eye contact as he slowly rearranged boxes. Sigh.

Look, I'm not one of those super-picky travelers. I can (and have) put up with a lot, but somehow I just expected a bit more out of my Hilton experience.

In all fairness, the front desk staff was marvelous and efficient. The hot tub was a godsend on a chilly Seattle evening. The conference center was clean and pleasant to be in. The lobby has that terrific hustle and bustle that makes a hotel feel like a destination.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience but it could have been a marvelous one if:

1. The WiFi was strong and worked in their own conference center.
2. Cheaper food options were available in the hotel.

Room Tip: Inside-facing courtyard room is quite pleasant. You almost feel like you are somewhere other than su...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Hilton Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and regret to hear that you weren’t provided with the experience you expected. I’d like to apologize for the difficulty you encountered with our WiFi service, the frustrations associated with meal costs and the bar service you received. We regularly use feedback to address concerns with our staff and make improvements to better the experience for guests.
Additionally, we also enjoy receiving positive comments as it allows us to acknowledge the team members who contributed.
I hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

ground floor street noise kept me up all night, so I started to try to identify the vehicle make by the muffler sound. Fun, but no sleep. I was promised 'cruise package' included round trip but found that return from cruise was NOT included. I paid WAY too much for what I got.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that Additionally, I regret to hear that an issue arose regarding the package transportation. Please reach out to me directly at JessicaA.Harris@hilton.com so that I may speak to you personally about this.

Best Regards,
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed one night before flying out of SeaTac. Nice quiet room. Pool looked nice, we arrived too late to use it. We took the airport shuttle in the morning. It leaves every 20 minutes, so its very accomodating. On return, we walked from the airport to the hotel and it took less than 10 minutes, so that is a great option too. Left our car there, reasonable parking rates.

Room Tip: Courtyard overlook was nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel suitable for your needs and were able to take advantage of our airport shuttle. We hope to see you again soon!