“Luxury by default” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
St Paul, Minnesota
“Luxury by default”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife works for Hilton Hotels and we sometimes recieve extra benefits as a result. We have stayed at this hotel on various occasions as we have relatives in Seattle. On this particular visit the hotel was full but the staff gave us the Presidential Suite which was not being used. This was a rare and pleasant experience. However, we were surprised that in this opulent apartment, there were no beds. Typically, when this unit is rented, either 1 or both of the adjoining rooms are rented along with the larger apartment and the the guests utilize these rooms as their "bedrooms". During our stay, no adjacent room was available, so the staff set up cots for us to sleep on. It was a great gesture on the part of the hotel staff to allow us to experience this marvelous apartment. We appreciate the gesture

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Cape Cod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights in 2 weeks, once arriving very late.. 2 a.m. once arriving very early ..10 a.m. and once leaving very early ...like 4:30 a.m. In each instance there were no problems with getting into my room or getting out to the airport on the shuttle. One morning I needed a car into the city which I got with a quick call to the desk and it was waiting by the time I got down stairs. Another day when I was not on such a tight schedule I took advantage of the nearby light-rail into the city....it is a 2 minute walk and $2.50 (instead of $35 for a car). The building is sprawling so you could end up pretty far from the lobby and it is very close to the busy highway and even on the upper floor can be noisy so choose your rooom carefully if that is a problem for you.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the highway and service entrance.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hudson, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My aunt had stayed here a couple years ago on a lay over from Hawaii to the east coast, coincidentally, the same morning that we were using this airport to get to Las Vegas. So we totally surprised her at the shuttle bus stop and after she regained consciousness we felt the least we could do was buy her breakfast at her hotel - - it was great. Thus, when we needed a hotel at this airport, the Hilton was a natural choice (and weekend rates are great since no one really wants to be at the airport on a Saturday night).

The view? Not great but that is to be expected at any airport. The room? Great. My wife is very particular about cleanliness so for her not to complain? Someone there cares about cleanliness. The pool? Very popular in the evening so I waited until morning for the hot tub and had it all to myself. They get extra points for providing a robe so that I could make my way to and from the pool without hurting other guests' eyes at the sight of me in a bathing suit. Overall
the property is grand and spacious yet maintains a little warmth by having a lobby fireplace.

I don't feel right offering any reviews without at least one little note about what could be better. So from my perspective this Hilton would be close enough to perfect for me if they changed the restaurant ownership/management - - I would like to get steak and brunch (at different times of day of course) for under $40. There were three of us and I didn't want to spend more on a meal than on a room. So we took the short walk to Holiday Inn (I know, right?) and split a 12oz rib eye for under $30 total for 2 of us. We had a great waiter and the chef had a real flair for presentation. Life is full of surprises.

Room Tip: If you want to be on display for all the world to admire pay a little extra for the rooms by the poo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I always sleep like a baby at the Hilton, the bed and the pillows are excellent. Only downside of this place is that the wifi is only available in the lobby - not in the guest rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We found the hotel to be very clean, fresh and apparently new. The room was perfectly silent during our one night stay. The staff were all very friendly and professional. We chose to have breakfast at the hotel and found the food to be quite good. It appeared to be an expensive menu, so I would recommend using some kind of points program to get a discounted rate.

We would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Two separate times this week I spent at this hotel. Staff was warm and friendly, rooms clean and quiet. One of the better airport hotels I stay at. Nice part is it is walking distance to the rail station at the airport to take you downtown.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is very nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay before an early morning flight. We were only there for a short time but the room was huge and very comfortable. We got a steal on it on priceline. 24 hour shuttle took us right to the airport without waiting. Wish we would have had more time to enjoy the hotel. Would stay here again

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center? Share your experiences!