“Close to the airport w/paper thin walls” 3 of 5 stars

Free of Fees
Ranked #10 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis
“Close to the airport w/paper thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Rooms are very nice, beds and pillows are comfortable. Busy road right next to hotel and the walls and floors are paper thin. People floor above were stomping around from midnight until 1am.

This is a good place to crash for a reasonable price. Food is expensive $48 (with tax and gratuity) for 2 eggs, bacon, juice and pancakes. Room service person was very nice, but stood and waited after I signed the slip - until I asked if the gratuity was included and he said, "yes". Note gratuity is 19% + tax.

This hotel does offer valet parking, which I may choose if I come here again. It's not absurdly a long walk, but it is at the complete opposites ends of a city block, with no skyway, and no automatic doors to help you through if you have a lot of luggage (which I did). Front desk person was distracted and not very friendly (might have been because it was late when I arrived)...

The room has a great LCD TV, coffee maker, tea (Lipton) and a nice shower.

Room Tip: Garden view is peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our mini-dachshund in October 2011 during the Zombcon convention. The hotel staff went out of their way the entire weekend to make us feel comfortable and welcome. They also made our dog welcome by placing a picture of her on their facebook page as the featured pet of the week. The food in the restaurant while a little more expensive than what you would get outside, was wonderful and filling. If I had one complaint, it was the bartender at the end of a LONG day who served me a DiSaronno on the rocks in a glass that was severely tainted by detergent. Not the best way to end a day, but with him having been there since 7am and it was now 11pm, I can forgive it. All in all, we would love the opportunity to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We had a 10 hour layover in Seattle, so I thought I should priceline a hotel so we could get some sleep. We ended getting the Hilton. I wasn't looking forward to going to another Hilton after my Hilton Long Beach experience. But it was a great hotel. It started off with there free shuttle that runs 3 times an hour. With very friendly staff from the shuttle driver to the front desk. The room was very clean and updated, with a very comfy bed and pillows.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Western United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

This might be the nicest (it also looks to be the newest) property near the airport. But it is just okay.

I arrived with a Priceline reservation and when I presented by HHonors Gold Card, they rudely told me since I "booked on Priceline" that I would not receive "anything" for the card. I was quickly handed my key cards and told about the daily parking fee of about $20 (which they charged sales tax on?).

I went to the room and it was a tiny room in the corner surrounded by a doorway, hallway, and the road that runs alongside the hotel. My room was on the ground floor. When I asked for the second floor my request was denied due to my use of Priceline. I understand. The good thing about my room is I could walk right out the door and get to the light rail station. It was about a 25 minute walk between my room and the parking garage by using hallways, but the time was cut some by going out that side door and around back outside. There was also a small parking lot out back that was just a few minutes walk from my room, which the staff neglected to tell me about.

Now, the room. The room was just a tiny room. It was like a Motel 6 sized room, though very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but again it was well appointed; good shower and good towels.

Overall, the property is nice enough but it is the little things like the small room, the long walk to parking, the general attitude of the staff...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Nice hotel close to SeaTac. The staff was helpful and the room was clean. Nice sheets and towels but bathroom was a little dated and small. We did not eat at the restaurant, but it looks like a good place for breakfast or a quick cup of coffee. The room was quiet. I would recommend this hotel if you need to be close to the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Kodiak, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at the SeaTac Hilton in November during a travel layover and had a prepaid reservation. We have stayed here before, always in a prepaid room. We like the location and the hotel in general, although we are often in one of the smaller rooms on the first floor, probably because of our prepaid status. It is comfortable, clean and quiet. We usually have a meal in the bar. They have a good selection, and the prices are far lower than in the restaurant. The airport shuttle runs regularly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

If you ever want to stay at this hotel, don't stay at the Garden Level or Pool Level rooms. The room that we stayed in was outdated with small bathroom. We walk very far and it seems we enter a labyrinth. At check out, the front desk didn't give us option to pay cash.....and everything automatically charged to my credit card even though I booked the rooms throughh the hotel website NOT expedia etc. Parking was expensive for airport area. I will not stay with this hotel again. If you want to book at this hotel......make sure you choose the new tower.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center? Share your experiences!