“This hotel makes a bad name for Hilton :(” 2 of 5 stars

2015 Pre-Sale Rate $69
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
toronto
“This hotel makes a bad name for Hilton :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for an event and I was less than impressed to say the least.

The hotel is located by the airport and with little things to do near by with the exception of a few fast food places.

The hotel staff are not very acccomidating. I had booked my room 2 months in advance and had requested a fridge but was declined one at check in.

There were no working ice machines anywhere on the 2nd floor and due to the strange shape of this hotel it would take 10 minutes just to get sw ice.

Internet will cost you $15/day and I find this unacceptable in 2011. When you're paying $120+ nigt the Internet should be free. There was no WiFi in the conference area either:(

The hotel restaurant is overpriced and the food is just ok. I'd eat elsewhere.

If you need assistance the front desk staff lack any type of hospitality skills. I asked on arrival and my day of departure for a late check out (1.5 hours). I was given an extra 15 minutes or "additional chargers would take place".

In conclusion, I would rate this hotel at a 3 star at the best and give it a 2/10 for value. Will not say here again.

• Stayed April 2011
HiltonSeattleAirport, Front Office Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give candid feedback on your recent experience at the Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center. We appreciate your feedback as we believe it is the best way to discover how we can improve ourselves as a property and hospitality team. I apologize this stay did not live up to your expectations and you were not provided with optimal customer service.

As for internet, I understand the fee may be frustrating to some guests. However due the fees associated with providing this service (24-hr tech support and a large bandwidth) we must offset those costs. As an alternative, we do provide complimentary wi-fi access in our lobby, Spencer's Lounge and Business Center. Nonetheless, thank you for your candid feedback.

I ask that you please contact me directly to discuss your stay further--especially regarding the challenges you experienced at the Front Desk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

From our check in - and a note that we were traveling to celebrate our anniversary. We were given a great room and were well cared for. thanks to the desk that made our April 3 anniversary a real joy.
shuttle to airport appreciated

Room Tip: Great gym free to guests
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I love clean, well-appointed hotels that I can safely walk to from the airport. That's the case with this Hilton. If you follow the signs for the "Link Light Rail" you will end up in a station on the west side of International Drive. Simply continue on the pedestrian bridge onto the east side of International Drive, take the elevator to the street level, and you'll be facing the Hilton. What's even better is that, once you check in, you can take the Link Light Rail to downtown Seattle in a scant half-hour for $2.50 each way.

This Hilton is a low-rise surrounding a pleasant courtyard; ask for a room facing onto this courtyard. It doesn't have a Hilton HHonors lounge, but it does have a restaurant serving a decent breakfast buffet. (I can't vouch for the quality of food at other times of the day since I've only eaten breakfast there.) The rooms are appointed with good-quality furnishings and the comfy Hilton bedding. Despite its proximity to the airport, the rooms are quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The staff members are very friendly and helpful.

Traffic in Seattle is so awful that, if you've got a morning flight out of SEATAC airport, I urge you to stay overnight at the Hilton Seattle Airport on your last night in town. You will be treated well and will have no trouble making your flight in the morning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Fort Irwin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011 via mobile

How do these rooms not have mini fridges? Bar food was good. Did the fly n jet package. Buses run late during busy times. Overall I would say "meh". Two out of five. Oh yeah...place is kinda sleazy...watch out for ladies of the night coming and going.

• Stayed March 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I was impressed by the attention to detail that the staff provided to me during my business trip to Seattle. I usually stay at Hiltons and Marriots and preferred this property over any of the Marriots in Seattle. The workout center was located in a convenient place and the staff at the lounge bar were extremely pleasant. I will be booking again and again when I am on business travel to Seattle.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

We found ourselves staying at the Hilton across from SeaTac due to a special that was being run by another hotel booking web site. We were visiting Seattle for a banquet in the Renton area and felt that this location would be satisfactory enough for an overnight stay even though we would be driving quite a bit between the hotel, the banquet and other activities we had planned to do while in town.

The first thing I realized after booking this hotel was that parking was not included. In fact, you are pretty hard pressed to find too many 3 star or better properties near the airport that do not charge for parking in addition to the room price. There are a few 2 star and 2.5 star places that do offer guests parking as part of their stay and I’m actively seeking them out when I stay in the Seattle or SeaTac area. I suppose the parking is the only issue I have with this property, $20+tax/night for parking is a little high. I was pleased that we had unlimited in/out privileges with the parking and the room key card was utilized to let us in and out of the parking garage. The parking garage is at the rear of the property and also houses a large chunk of the Hilton’s conference center. A covered walkway connects the parking garage/conference center to the rest of the property.

Our room was quite spacious even though it was a double queen room. The room did adjoin another guestroom, however we never heard or saw any of the guests that might have been staying in the rooms next to ours.

Linens were bright and clean and the room was very well kept up, in keeping with typical Hilton standards. I was pleased to see that there was no bedspread, but only a small decorative cover at the foot of the bed. I’m always very glad when I visit a hotel that has dispensed with full bead spreads and covers beds in linens that are fully launderable after each guest.

The room appeared to have been upgraded and updated at least in the last couple of years. Plumbing features and the bathroom had been fully updated with tile and granite.

Coffee service in the room was good, but there were only disposable cups for the coffee. This isn’t a bad thing, but an observation as one of the photos for this hotel on Trip Advisor indicates that there are china mugs for the coffee station. The mugs must have gone away at some point in the past for some reason.

For a one night stay, or longer for a conference or a weekend, the Hilton at SeaTac is a very nice property. If you are counting your pennies or wondering about costs aside from the room rate, beware that you will pay extra for parking and you will also pay extra for Internet access.

I would stay here again because it was clean, comfortable and, for the price I paid, an acceptable value.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at this hotel within the last couple of years. We actually booked the hotel through Priceline and were very excited when we found out that the Hilton Conference Center had accepted our $50/night bid.

We spent four nights there. Each day the room was cleaned and if ever we needed anything, we made a call up to the front desk and it magically appeared. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the entire hotel. I had dropped a nickle on the floor in the morning and had forgotten to pick it up. I was really surprised when I came back and found the nickle on the nightstand. I appreciate honest housekeepers!

The exercise room is filled with Precor machines (with individual televisions and headsets) and was amazing. The pool is not heated at this time of year, but it is clean, and there is an amazing hot tub outside for the polar bears!

The entire staff was great and especially the guys at the front door. They were always willing to help without being too pushy.

The light rail is literally steps away from the hotel, making it very easy to get into Downtown Seattle. It's cheap, too. $5.00 round trip! Also, Washington State's largest mall, Southcenter Mall is only a few minutes away.

Yes, we had to pay for parking and high speed internet access, however, since we paid such a small price for the hotel, we didn't mind the extra cost to stay here.

The only thing that could have made it nicer was if they had pay per view movies that we could watch. There were plenty of television channels to choose from (DirecTV) but it would have been nice to be able to watch a movie if we had the choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center? Share your experiences!