“Quality Inn gets the most bang for your buck” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport

You added Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 S 192nd St., SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Quality Inn gets the most bang for your buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to the budget-conscious traveler. It's a comfortable and clean hotel with really helpful and friendly staff, free shuttle to the airport and lightrail station, free breakfast, and walking distance to a few food options.

The reason we chose to stay at Quality Inn was because of the price. Being the stereotypical poor college kids, we were on a tight budget for the small vacation we planned. I must say, you definitely get the most bang for your buck at this hotel.

The rooms were tastefully decorated and large. They were probably the largest out of the three we stayed in during our trip. We had no problem with storing our luggage and had plenty of walking space. They also offered a GREAT free breakfast: pancakes, eggs, sausages, muffins, cereals, toast, donuts and turnovers, juice, coffee and milk. That being said, this wasn't a fancy hotel with gold leafing and marble floors, walls, etc. It was comfortable and clean.

The location wasn't bad, either. It was within walking distance of several restaurants and convenience stores, rental car offices, and if you don't mind the hike it's within walking distance to the airport and lightrail train station.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We paid $12 per person to have the shuttle take us to and pick us up at the pier from our cruise. We even scheduled a pick up time and everything, we called when the ship arrived, they didnt pick us up until 1 1/2 hours later!!!! I would just pay for a taxi. It seems like the manager is more interested in saving money instead of catering to his customers that paid for a service. We found out he waited till he had passengers to take to the pier till he would come and get us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
newark, delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

This hotel has a reasonable price, very helpful staff, a convenient location, and good shuttle service to the airport. The bath room area was very clean. However, the hallways and room furnishings were old and dingy looking, and the mattress was exceptionally old and lumpy. Our room had the carpet baseboard strips falling off the wall and was very musty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

There are umpteen motels near the Seattle airport, but I chose this one because I am a member of Choice Hotel's points program and could get two of my five vacation nights free. Even if I had paid for all five nights, I would have been pleased with my stay.

Visiting Seattle, one might not think of staying near the airport, but a helpful staff person at Seattle Southside Visitor Center, which I phoned while planning my trip, offered the tip that the motels and hotels south of the city are a lot less expensive than downtown, and most offer free shuttle to the airport where you can take the light rail (30 minutes) downtown. I didn't need to rent a car and saved a bundle. Public transportation in Seattle is cheap, safe, convenient and pleasant--there are FREE buses downtown, where I spent much of my time. I was also able to take an express bus to Tacoma for a day trip, by walking four blocks from the motel to the bus stop. I got a free ride to the light rail station whenever I wanted it, and even walked (less than a mile) to the station one sunny day when I wanted some exercise.

My room was clean and very quiet--when booking, I asked for a quiet room on the top floor. The neighborhood is perfectly safe, and as a woman who travels alone often, that is a priority for me. The only airport noise I noticed was around the time I normally wake up; otherwise the planes don't seem to go over this location much. Comfortable bed and everything clean. Microwave and refrig in room came in handy.

The staff is very helpful (Janelle especially), kept my luggage in storage after I checked out because I was going on a full day tour of Mt. Rainier on my last day. I have rarely encountered a staff that is as friendly and helpful. There is a hot breakfast buffet, free Sunday newspaper, internet computers in the lobby, coffee available all day.

Overall, this was one of my most pleasant motel stays. If there is a criticism to be made, it is that the old carpet in the hallways detracts from the otherwise pleasant atmosphere, and needs replacement. For people less physically fit, be aware that there are no elevators.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The Quality Inn Sea Tac was exactly what we were looking for. They have a Park & Fly package that was perfect. We stayed one night before catching a plane from Seattle and we were needing a place to park our car. The room itself would have been around $65 for the night, but for $109 we got their Park & Fly package, which considering price of parking in the area is a very good deal. We got a clean room, a good breakfast, an airport shuttle and parking for our vehicle for 7 days.

Its not a fancy resort, its a simple clean hotel. Our room was relatively plain, but clean. The carpet in the hallway is a bit worn, but we weren't sleeping in the hall so that sort of thing really isn't important. The TV worked, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. The parking was a bit full, but we found a stall and our vehicle was safe while we were gone. I'm not surprised the lot was full, it seems like one of the best park & fly deals in the area. The staff was pleasant. The service was good.

We'll definately stay here again and recommend this place to anyone we know flying out of Seattle.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed over one night before a flight out of SeaTac. We arrived late, but front desk was friendly and we were checked in efficiently. However, there were no more parking spaces. The clerk came out to tell us which cars we could park behind; I guess there were some cars parked there for an extended period. The room itself is motel like, very no frills and utilitarian. The decor seemed a little tired and worn out, but for the most part clean. Breakfast was not bad, with scrambled eggs and sausages in addition to the usual waffles and pastries other hotels offer. The line up to use the waffle maker was too long for us to wait though since we had to catch a flight. Overall an ok place to stay for one night, especially if you need to catch a flight, but I wouldn't want to stay longer than that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
paradisefound619
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at the Quality Inn Sea-Tac for one night before our Alaskan cruise. A friend picked us up at the airport and took us sight seeing but the free shuttle would have been nice had we needed it. I wish I would have really known how far the hotel was from downtown Seattle because after our sight seeing it was quite the drive (especially since we were on the far side of Seattle in Kirkland). Once we arrived at the hotel the staff was helpful and nice. They told us about the options for getting to Pier 91 for our cruise the following morning and that there would be breakfast. I was under the impression that the hotel had 3 floor starting at ground level but it really had 1 floor that was below ground level, unless you walked outside down a hill to the back door. So, we had rooms on the 1st floor but had to go down a flight of stairs. This was hard to do especially with our heavy luggage. Mainly I felt bad for my mom. After a long day of walking around in Seattle this was the last thing she needed. We helped her out though and all was well....until we went to get into our rooms. My husband and I entered ours fine but my mom couldn't get her key to work. We tried it about 10 times and then went to the front desk. The front desk worker came down to help and she couldn't get the key to work either. She even tried her master room key and it was no opening. So, my mom was giving another room...just one room down but she was tired and crabby with this incident. After we got settled in, we grabbed some pop from the vending machines and watched a movie. Then it was time for bed. The beds were fine, smaller queens but okay. We all slept pretty well since we were tired from traveling. The shower was great in the morning. The halls were noisy with others leaving and the cleaning staff was talking loudly to each other about some issues. The breakfast was packed and only okay. There were two computers in the lobby which were nice to access before our 7 day cruise. I was please with the available and speed of the internet!

We chose to take a taxi to Pier 91 because the shuttle was booked except for a 10 leave time which I thought was too early to get to the pier but it probably would have been okay. The taxi was only about $8 so not a huge deal to us.

Probably wouldn't stay here again but it served it's purpose for our visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family