“What a Nice Place !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport

You added Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2900 S 192nd St., SeaTac, WA 98188 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Prineville, Oregon
“What a Nice Place !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

An unepected overnight in Seattle was required and I was fortunate to find this hotel.
The loation is perfect , with 5 mins of SEA-TAC and 24r shuttle service. Rooms are small but has all the ammenties, microwave, fridge and my favorite..a coffee pot in the room. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. It circumstances happenagain, I will be staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
South Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I wished to stay near the airport at the end of our 23rd anniversary get away weekend. While researching hotel properties in Seattle we decided on the Quality Inn Sea-Tac hotel as they advertised both airport and train pickup on the Choice Hotels properties website.. Upon calling to set up a reservation and confirm the property did have pick up from the Amtrac train station, and then would be able to take us to the airport the following morning we made our reservation. The reservation agent advised to confirm with hotel directly for the pickup from Amtrak. Upon boarding the train my wife then called the hotel property directly to advise them of when our train was due into Seattle to confirm pickup. Anna the hotel agent advised us this would be okay but to go ahead and call when we arrived to Seattle. As the train pulled into the station my wife again called and spoke with Anna. She advised she would send someone immdediately for pickup.. long story short, no pick up. Several calls later, each time being advised someone was coming and reviewing each time where we were, we were stranded. After the first call the train station closed, after the second call all employees had left, after the third call all the taxi's had stopped running from the train station. On the last call we spoke to a new hotel agent, Rochelle, and were told we were at the wrong train station. We were advised the first agent had advised us incorrectly and had continually sent driver to the other station. Rochelle advised us they do not pick up from train station but do pick up from the light rail.....hmmm...light rail...train station....two different locations. Rochelle indicated the error was ours and that she knows for a fact the train station is open until midnight. She then advised us we are in Seattle and just walk until we found a taxi....oh did I say it was sprinkling off and on? Again to quote from Rochelle, just walk around until we find a taxi, in the rain, in a unfamiliar city and dumped after midnight in a location that was less than desirable, was not what we expected. First and foremost...we may have picked our hotel differently, second, if after the first call upon arriving we had been advised the pickup information given too us by two separate individuals from the same company, we could have aranged a for a different pick up, not to be left stranded. This property and their respective employees have no idea what customer service means. Our revew of this hotel with no customer service rates 0. We would rather sleep in the airport than to be treated in the manner we were treated in....Did they ever assist? NO, did we ever end up there NO...Did they bill us, YES!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
QualityInnSeaTac, General Manager at Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
While there are not enough apologies in the world to make up for your terrible experience, I do want to make sure you know that we are incredibly sorry that you had to endure this during your trip. With that said, I can't thank you enough for bringing the issue to my attention.

The first front desk agent that you spoke with was brand new to the area and confused 'train station' with the light rail train station stop at the airport to which we do provide shuttle service to. The second front desk agent that you spoke with was under the impression that you were at an Amtrak station in Seattle that typically has taxi cabs continuously waiting around. Either way, there aren't any excuses for the poor communication and lack of understanding on our part.

This was one of the first incidents after I started here as the new GM at the Quality Inn Seatac. While it caused a bit of frustration and embarrassment on my part at the time, I'm glad you brought it to my attention as your comments have provided me with direct tools to create an environment based on positive guest interaction.

Quality customer service has been my number one priority since arriving at this property. I printed your statement out and showed it to our front desk to break down what happened, why it happened, and what the best course of action should have been. I continue to use your review to this day when training my employees on the importance of clear communication and quality service.

I'm apologize that things did not work out to create a positive stay, but thank you again for your comments and I wish you nothing but happy travels in the future.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you're driving to Seattle for a cruise & wish to save on parking, this QI should be your destinaton. For $187 tax included you'll get 1 night's acommodaions + 7 days parking + transportation to & from the Port.

Hotel is approx 45 minutes from the pier. Accommodations were comfortable, room reasonably clean. Owners were wonderful & accommodating. We were offered free shuttle to the Light Train terminal which bringsyou to downtown Seattle.

Price included free wi-Fi & a hot breakfast consisting of scambled eggs sausages, yogurt, cereal self made waffles, coffe, etc.

We enjoyed our stay & we'll stay again

Room Tip: We opted for the king size bed. Looking into oter rooms, I realized that rooms with 2 double beds we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Feels at home. Welcomed by staffs as I entered to the lobby.
Staffs were kind and gentle. I got lot more then a price of hotel room for 3 nights.
Room rates are very reasonable and feels at home is a bonus. Very friendly and service oriented staffs were always smiling. As I am a frequent business traveler, I recommend this hotel to anyone
looking for more then a hotel. Continental breakfast and quick rides back to airport without delay.
This place is a home, more then a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ronan, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Pros: Nice price, but getting what you pay for could never have been so right. We stayed for two days and were afraid to leave anything in the hotel as the locks were poor and it was a little sketchy. The beds weren't bad though, they were nice.
Cons: Night manager was yelling at a customer over the phone while we waited to be checked in in front of everyone instead of going somewhere else. The person on the other end obviously couldn't understand him, no one can. This man's accent is so thick I couldn't understand a word he said. Upon check in, no info on the hotel, just here's your room key go around the corner. Next. We had quite a lot to unload so we used the side entrance as the other stated, Do Not Use for your protection as construction is under way. The entrace we used was a side door where there was so much garbage on the steps and landscaping we thought we'd get tetanus. The room was ok, a little small and not the cleanest. Also the conjoining doors between the rooms I don't think ever locked properly.

Everyone in the hall kept asking us, "Does your room smell?" The room didn't smell but the hallway was so moldy (I think it was because their ice machines were leaking on the carpet. There was a "sorry our ice machine is leaking, watch your step" sign.

The african american gentlemen (other managers, not sure) were extremely nice! They did a nice job. The morning check out was the same greeting as the night before. Hello, here's your bill, goodbye. Not very warm.

Room Tip: Don't stay more than a night, bout as much as you could stand.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Padua, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Despite the clash of opinions of other TA travelers, I chose this hotel for one transit night: we were arriving from Europe and heading to Alaska the next morning. An hotel near the airport with a free shuttle service, at an almost reasonable price, was enough to forget the risk of possible little discomforts. Our rooms, 2 Superior Queen Room, notwithstanding their typology, were quite basic, but I am not so exigent and those rooms were ok for us. At the front desk I met nice people and I’ve also printed our boarding cards for free. The next morning our departure was too early so the breakfast was not available. No problem.
The problems started the next day. I was in Alaska, secluded in a 4 room lodge, out of Fairbanks, trying to capture the Northern Lights, when I received the 1st of a long series of long, expensive, intercontinental phone calls from my bank and my family. The compliance office of the bank itself, in Italy, noted a suspicious list of transactions (in total for around 930 US Dollars) all done the 5th of March in the USA, and for security reasons they have blocked my credit card. To put it briefly, the story continued also the next month with a series of investigations by the recipients of those payments. The proof of where and of who did a misuse of my credit card, is well summarized in the mail that I received from the general manager of the hotel: “… I would like to convey that we do understand your frustration and genuinely support your effort to bring closure to the matter. I would also like to inform you that due to your complaint, we have taken appropriate action by discontinuing the credit card imprinting of customer credit cards and have reported your complaint to the police department, who is now undergoing an investigation on the matter. Meanwhile, A******** has been suspended until further notice. I sincerely appreciate your cooperation and would keep you updated of any further action…”
My question is: is it possible that, while checking the validity of a credit card, instead of the rapid electronic controls, they still use the old, anachronistic and dangerous system of imprinting a credit card? After the rooms check-in, my credit card had immediately been given me back, but the carbon copy paper with all the details of that card remained there, available for any ill-intentioned person. And somebody actually used it. Beware!
Luckily, almost all the money has returned me back, but after that e-mail, nobody of this hotel wrote to me just to say a few words, such as: “sorry for the inconvenience, sorry for the money you’ve spent in phone calls and sorry for having ruined your Alaskan holiday ”. And I still keep waiting for.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Everything was to be expected of a cheaper rate hotel in Seattle when we checked in. Come shower time we discovered we had ONLY hot water throughout the entire room! Front desk said they would move us, didn't call our room until 10:45 pm well after the kids were asleep. In the morning I inquired about a room change, none available!!! Told them we needed to shower & after some debate we showered in a dirty room. We changed rooms that evening. In the morning at breakfast I witness many critical food violations occording to Wa state health department! The gal also slammed the door in my face when I asked for a product! At checkout the owner was present & told me in a round about way that I was lying about the water ( why'd you move us rooms!) & that I was a shameful person for trying to get a free room!! I explained I wasn't trying to get a free room, that a discounted rate for all the trouble would be sufficient! He said he'd "investigate" then if true give me a fair discount! Check your maintenance work order!!! Now pulling up my bank charges, they've charged me twice & have no record of it!!! Horrible place!!!

• Stayed August 2012