“The Nickel and Dime.” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“The Nickel and Dime.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Well. As others have so clearly put it and the title really sums this place up. Everything has a price to it. Make SURE you get a room close to the lobby so you can utilize the free wi-fi. Otherwise, you may regret staying anywhere else in this hotel should the need arise to use the internet. Having stated that, the internet is very quick (once you have purchased it) in the rooms, slow as heck in the conference areas. If you were staying here with a family, the pool area is quite comfortable and excellent. Now, on to the rooms. There is still glassware cups, youtube hotel glassware to find out what I'm talking about, yikes. But there are paper coffee cups as well for your safety. The beds are comfortable and the pillows terrific. None of the AUX TV attachments worked in our room, the maintenance person came up to help and left a pile of cords. Still didn't work. Also, the food was great, I really didn't care for the price but was excellent nonetheless.The long and short, the little costs really take away from the allure and comfort of this hotel. Work them all into the price and they'd have a winner.

Room Tip: "Rooms near the lobby for the Wi-Fi."
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rocky R, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your helpful feedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in two rooms overnight between flights. The shuttle pulled up right as we got to pick-up area so it was perfect. 5 minute drive to hotel.

Room was a typical Marriott room. Room decor looked recently refreshed, except for the bathroom, which had older tile. Comfortable beds and very quiet room. We visited the concierge lounge which offered very basic light food at night (chips & salsa, veggies) but was able to grab bottled waters and soft drinks. Large selection of cereal and basic breakfast items in the morning. This is not a lavish lounge but the attendant was very friendly.

Ate in the bar after check-in and they have an excellent bar food menu from light bites to full menu. The food was the best at a airport hotel I've ever had and the service by Mark was fast and personable.

Shuttle in the morning was again excellent. Would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rocky R, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to give Mark the great feedback.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

For all the rain Seattle gets, having a fabulous indoor "lodge-like" pool is great for relaxing after work or with the kids.
Food at the lounge was great... crab chowder was perfect.
Prices for food and drink were reasonable.

I found the added charges to be a bit excessive. $23 for self parking, $27 for valet. $13 per day for internet unless you come to the lobby for free. And the best rate I got on a week day was $199.

Rooms overlooking the pool can be a bit noisy, and the bed was quite mushy for my liking.

In the past I've stayed at the Hilton Hotel next door with a Spencer's Prime Steakhouse within the hotel, and I will absolutely be staying there in the future.

Room Tip: If you like indoor facing rooms, then request a pool view. Lobby is on the 2nd floor if you wish to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rocky R, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback
Maple Valley, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Pros:
Nice pool inside a huge atrium
Comfy bed
Friendly staff
Clean

Cons:
$13/day for internet? And that's $13 PER DEVICE. So if you have a work phone, personal phone, laptop and tablet that's $50+ per day! Give me a break!
$23 a day for parking? Add $4 for valet? When there is an airport parking place a block away for $9/day?
The restaurant while nice is WAY overpriced
The old "$2.50 for a bottle of water in the room" scam. A case of the same bottles at Costco is $3.

The 1 star is because in today's world when you nickel and dime people they get irritated. Internet should be free. Or at least 1 charge no matter how many devices. And parking shouldn't be more expensive than parking at a 5 star hotel in Waikiki. A free bottle of water is just a nice thing after a flight. But you had better bring your own.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rocky R, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your helpful feedback.

I do apologize for any confusion with the internet charges. We do charge for internet in the rooms but it is per room not per devise in the room. We do also always offer complementary internet in our lobby area.

For parking we do offer a discounted parking rate for our multiple night “park & fly” customers as do the airport parking lots in the area.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I flew through Seattle with my elderly dad on the way to Hawaii and needed a hotel overnight with connecting rooms. The Seattle Marriott was able to meet this request (be aware though that they do warn you its not guaranteed). We had two rooms (one king, one double) on our way to and from Hawaii. The airport shuttle was convenient although I'm sure a cab ride would have been cheap as its about 3 blocks from the airport.

When we arrived at the hotel my dad was not feeling well. The front desk clerk, Aiyana, took charge of our situation and was extremely helpful and kind. One of our rooms was not ready yet but she got us the other room so we could drop off our luggage. Then she led my dad to the bar where he could get some food for lunch as he was low in blood sugar. Her shift was almost ending but she stayed until our other room was ready and personally delivered our keys to us. I appreciate that kind of service as I know I was stressed with my dads health and from travelling. And Im sure she sees a lot of cranky people throughout the day so for her to take time at the end of her day to have a positive attitude helped immensely.

Our rooms were very nice and quiet. We did not use the pool but it looked great. There is a little coffee/convenience store that I got some pastries from one morning as well as some snacks for our trip. The food at the bar was pretty good and I enjoyed a glass of wine while trying to unwind from a stressful day. Coming back, we did eat breakfast at the buffet which was good. I think next time I would just order room service so I can sleep a little later.

This hotel is very close to the light rail stop so its a good place to stay if you want to hop downtown for some restaurants or sightseeing. We took a cab to our favorite Chinese restaurant which the front desk helped get for us. It was a great stay and I would definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: I got a good senior rate on their website for my dad
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Last weekend my wife and I joined our daughter and our three granddaughters where the oldest two participated in an Irish Feis. We all stayed in two rooms in this great hotel. We found our rooms to be very comfortable as well as very clean. The rooms past the inspection of one of my very fastidious granddaughters. Although we had asked for adjoining rooms we did get rooms separated by one room.
Our housekeeper was very friendly and could not seem to do enough for us. We had occasion to order room service for our first nights dinner. We all commented on how great the food was and the fact the kitchen had not skimped on any of orders. The prompt service even surprised the granddaughters.
My youngest granddaughter and I enjoyed an afternoon in the indoor pool and hot tub.
My only negative is the charge for a computer connection in the room. Apparently there is free service in the lobby but I would rather relax in my room with my iPad.
We would certainly return again, in fact this was our second visit.

Novisibirsk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here in order to avoid the red-eye flights out of Kona, Hawaii. Kind of a sucky location but what do you expect this close to the Sea Tac airport? Inside, you're greeting with an open-beam, rustic lobby complete with fireplace and friendly check-in service just as warm. They had no problems letting us get a second, adjoining room at the last moment. An enormous, interesting central atrium with large indoor pool: great for families. You could open your inward-facing window just enough to smell the pool's chlorine, made you feel like you were still outdoors. Room service was a real treat here (so good we had it twice, apologies to my frugal wife). Only downsides: internet keyboards provided don't work (so why have them there or at least why not post a note about that?) and the door closure hardware is designed to securely SLAM the doors shut in the final three inches. Sounds trivial but you hear those doors slamming all night long. It is located in a pretty bleak area; you wouldn't want to go for a walk in this neighborhood but the proximity to the light rail system and the airport can't be beat. The hotel's airport shuttle does NOT run every 15 minutes as they claim, so dress warm in winter.

Room Tip: Go for the inner rooms facing the pool, especially if you're bringing kids along.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Seattle Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!