“a good hotel, very close to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
PRIDE and Joy Package
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Atlanta, Georgia
“a good hotel, very close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a very good hotel, very close to the Seattle airport. The neighborhood is not the best, but the proximity to the airport is perfect. The outside of the hotel is showing is showing its age a bit, but the inside in renovated and nice. One drawback - there is no wired internet connection in the guest rooms. The wireless works fairly well, though. I would stay there again. Nice inside pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
minneapolis mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Unexpectedly delighted by this hotel. Lots of charm and warmth. I began to relax as I entered the lobby, with zen-like candles and fireplace glow. Very clean, friendly staff and close to transportation. I was using one reward night for a three-night stay and I was upgraded to a top floor with vaulted ceiling. Nice, large room and exceptionally clean; no bed bugs came home with me! Great size tub and bathroom. Comfortable beds. I thought my room was quiet, despite other reviews stating airplane noise. Yes, I did hear them, but not as bad as I expected. Shuttles run to airport regularly, and you can catch the light-rail to many places around Seattle. My rental car at Alamo at Sea-Tac was a good value.
Don't overlook the Aqua Terra restaurant in the hotel: remodeled with new, wonderful menu. The smaller restaurant on property, "5 10 20" has great flat bread pizza and sea-salt fries.
I loved the pretty waterfall and ponds off the pool area. I will stay again and recommend. Caution: not the best area for a single female to walk off property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Immediately impressed with the design and décor. The staff didn't miss a thing. I absolutely loved the pool and spa area. The atrium is just beautiful. Rooms on the top floor have vaulted ceilings and lovely views. I don't know how I overlooked staying here before. I would definitely recommend staying here over any of the nearby hotels.
We dined at the restaurant and I loved that the appetizers can be ordered Tapas style or full sized. The menu was great and service was good.

Room Tip: Stay on the 9th floor. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing my favorite full-service Marriott as well... It is always a pleasure to hear when things go off as planned. I also think our 9th floor rooms are really neat, and when available should not be missed. I look forward to your next trip out. Thank you again.

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at this hotel for a conference last weekend. I must say that it was fantastic. The convention spaces are really well laid out and grouped together for quick transit from one to another.

The staff is a wonder to work with, very helpful and friendly. No matter what came up, they seemed to roll with the punches and helped solve many issues that other hotels would have just said “you are on your own” with. The staff was always friendly and smiling. Even the wonderful gentleman who was running linens back and forth for the housekeepers was friendly and willing to chat while we waited for the elevator together. They really made us feel like they were happy that we were there and not that we were any bother to them when I am sure at times we were.

The rooms are a bit small but you are just there to sleep so it is not that big of a deal to me. The pool area is a must see. It is so peaceful and pretty with all the comfy seating, waterfall and the trees. I love to just sit there are relax. The fireplace area is really cozy and another great place to just sit and chat with friends. There are plenty of little sitting spots scattered throughout the hotel common areas and they lend a bit of “home” to the hotel. It makes it feel very inviting to just sit and relax or chat with friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to host large groups. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your convention and the amenities that our hotel had to offer as well. See you next year when you come back, and hopefully before then.

Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

When you check into this hotel please note that you will be asked if you wish to valet park ($24.00) or self park ($17.00). The valet parking service is a third party company NOT Marriott Resort employees. I chose to valet park as I was traveling by myself. The valet service tells you that they will lock your auto and that it is parked in a "secure area". Between checking in at 7 PM and a 10 AM check out the following morning one of two things had taken place. #1 The valet parking service never locked my doors (as promised) or one of the valet employees took my keys and entered my auto and took the two things that I had left in my auto. My coat and a gift set of knives that I had not even had a chance to view. This is factual information because when the doors are locked in my auto it engages the alarm system. With this said if you choose to park yourself or valet park keep NOTHING in your car, park at your own risk and note that there are no security cameras in this so called "secured hotel parking lot".
I am posting this issue for fair warning because if this happened to me It can happen to you.
Nothing like being in 28 degree weather without your coat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I am very sorry to see that you had lost items such as you had while your car was in our possesion. I assure you that whether our Valet Team is employed by Marriott or not, they carry our name and responsiblities to our guests the same as if they were our own. It is very unfortunate that you were left without a coat and a gift meant for apprecaition because of this incident. I know that we have worked things out to the best our abilities with you, and am sorry that the incident even happened. I hope that this will not keep you from visiting us in the future.

Adana, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been a visitor of this Marriot twice in High School attending weekend conferences within the hotel back in 1998-99. I remember the hotel being very beautiful, clean, and respectful; even to a ballroom full of eager youths! Therefore into my adulthood I now return to this hotel with my family whenever we fly in and out of Seattle. The main attraction of the hotel is the inside pool and garden. It’s a beautiful space much like an atrium that all the hotel rooms windows look inside to view. The indoor pool is surrounded by plants, flowers, plenty of lounge chairs, and skylights in the roof which give a great ambiance combined with the pool lights in the evening and night– a great place to chill and relax before or after a flight! At one time I even thought about having my wedding here poolside. The location is convenient for guests to go to and from the airport especially with the Hotel’s Shuttle Service, but also walking distance to the strip malls / outlet stores nearby. Or just a short, cheap, cab ride to the Sea-tac Mall. The noise from the airport is not loud from here, but during the day if there are large groups of people poolside the noise can echo, but the windows are pretty good at blocking most the noise. We usually make our reservations online. Once there, Check-in was fast, and I will say the hotel is more expensive than others, but this hotel also boasts other amenities like the coffee shop, gym, and the great pool side sanctuary. The beds here are also more comfortable than many other hotels I have slept in around the US! I did not get to visit the bar due to having young children, or the restaurant because we ate at the Rainforest Café at the nearby Mall.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have sliding glass door that opens to indoor pool area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for such a detailed review of our hotel. Our Atrium is without a doubt the icon of our hotel. Having just celebrated our 32nd year, the amound of customers that voice the same childhood memories that you do our astounding. I greatly apprecaite your time, and please give me a shout the next time you and your family return.

Juneau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Just another Marriott. You know what to expect: friendly staff, efficient check-in, clean room, and good (if not slightly overpriced ) associated restaurant. One thing I found very odd was the each of the lamps in the main area of the room had two very very bright CFL bulbs. Bright bulbs aren't always a problem, but coupled with the fact that the lampshade ended about 1/2 inch below the bulbs makes the bright bulbs very problematic. After inadvertantly glancing at the bulbs while laying on the bed, I ended up just turning the lights off all together and spent the rest of my evening in the light from the TV.

As bright as the main area was, it was surprising to find the bathroom vanity lights were very dim. Perhaps my eyes were still reeling from the bright living area, but I felt as though the bathroom area was lit with night lights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I apologize that you found some of the lights in our rooms too bright. Actually, we have been reviewing some of our feedback and have changed the color of our bathroom lights to a cooler temperature, and in a sense providing a brighter atmosphere in those areas. We do read all of these reviews, and its due to feedback such as yours that helps guide us sometimes. I will go back and take a look at the bedrooms as well. Thank you for your help, and I hope to see you next time.

Best Regards

Been to Seattle Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!