“Great pool, decent rooms” 3 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Great pool, decent rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Overall a decent hotel in a good location for airport departure. We only stayed one night, and chose the hotel based on location, membership/rewards and the indoor pool. Our daughter loves to swim, and she gave a big thumbs up to the pool here - although it was quite busy with many other families too. Room service was good, and the staff in general were quite helpful. Our room was next to the pool and, upon check-in we were told there was a rollaway in the room and a refrigerator too - neither statement true. The sliding door to the pool was slightly broken and very difficult to "slide" on the track. Would we stay here again? Probably, yes, due mainly to the convenience of departing SEA. The hotel is less than 5-minutes to car rental return, offers a free shuttle and allows for easier travel. In the end it serves its purpose well.

Room Tip: If you do not want pool access stay on a high floor, facing east for less noise. First floor offer d...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I apologize for our service failure in not delivering your requested items. I hope that we delivered them right away when you noted they were not there. I am happy that the instance did not ruin your stay, and we look forward to you bringing your family back the next time you fly out, or are in our area.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Winthrop, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here after arriving late to SEA for a connection to Tokyo the next day. The shuttle was efficient and check-in very quick. The lounge and lobby area are very nice to hang out in with plenty of seating in comfy leather chairs and couches. There is also a nice hang out area in the pool atrium with couches and tables. Since it was late when we arrived, the restaurant was closed and we didn't want to deal with room service so we walked to the nearby Denny's which is about a 10 minute easy walk. I believe there are other dining options in the area too, just ask the front desk. As other reviews said, room was fairly small, but ours was clean and the bathroom was just fine. I used the pool and spa facilities in the morning since I had an afternoon flight and it was a great way to kill time. Very business oriented hotel so hardly anyone in the pool area. It was very relaxing. I would definitely stay here again if the price was right and I had a SEA layover.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The goal of our hotel is to make everything easy for our guests and provide a small oasis in the midst of thier travels. It is great to see when that happens. I hope that we get to see you the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

As a disclaimer, I did not stay the night , but attended a conference for the second year in a row here. I liked the conference facilities. This huge room was well laid out, large, and pleasant. Staff kept water pitchers on each table full of ice water at all times, there were actual glass glasses, and the coffee service was always in service. The chandeliers were extremely attractive. There was space for conference vendors. A continental breakfast was served as well as morning and afternoon breaks and the food prepared by the hotel was wonderful The lunch was absolutely great -- fresh, healthy, attractive , but here's the kicker -- it was served in the atrium and this is why I would consider taking the light rail which stops two blocks from the hotel for an overnight stay here. The atrium is like a tropical paradise. It is enormous -- so large that you lose the sense of being in an enclosed space, and actually feel like you are outdoors somewhere warm and tropical. I counted at least half a dozen full grown trees, and numerous large tropical plants. The layout is arranged on various levels to create the impression of many nooks and crannies, visiting areas, spaces for conversation or privacy. The pool itself is irregularly shaped and seems to wind through the area. There is a stream and small water fall, at a slightly higher level and a little bridge. There are many nice pieces of natural woven furniture with cushions -- very Williams-Sonoma --arranged in various configurations. The entire ceiling of this massive space is glass so there is natural light flooding in, even on the cold days. There are two good sized hot tubs as well. The pool water looked sparkling clean. Lunch was served on tables set up around the pool and it was all I could do to keep from jumping in to the water, it looked that inviting. Even with so many attendees, the area had a good deal of unused space and private areas. Rooms surrounding the pool opened onto a somewhat lower level walk way and open space, creating a very pleasant effect. I noticed that some of these rooms were hospitality suites, where one might have a little family get together for some occasion or other. I kept thinking what an ideal little overnight mini-trip to Shangri-la this would make. I could spend every waking moment in the tropical area, reading books, lounging and munching goodies from the adjacent bar and restaurant areas. I already know how good the food is. I would just phone ahead to make sure there wouldn't be any conferences using that space at noon. ; )

Room Tip: Get a room that opens on the pool for the tropical experience. Rooms that face outward pointing dow...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a detailed review of our hotel. I might have to hire you to write some of our promo pieces :) It is always a pleasure to confirm when our strategy and efforts in hospitality reaches our guests. We are very proud of our newly renovated meeting space, and I am happy that you feel the same about it as we do. I hope that we get to see you next year when the conference comes back, or maybe on a lucky weekend that you might get away.

san antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel is close to airport, free shuttle, $20 to self park ( but plenty of spaces). They have a low rise section that surrounds the in-door pool ( think old holi-dome) and then a 8 story tower connected where the concierge lounge is located as well. Rooms are fine, typical 80/early 90's marriott design, upgraded to flat screens. Concierge lounge was to small and evening offering was terrible, closely followed by the random assortment of luke warm food and for breakfast. Good news is it's free. Staff was personable, value for the $ is questionable but if you get a good deal give it a whirl.

Room Tip: The rooms with pool patio's look nice if you have time to enjoy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time our to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were unhappy about the offerings in our concierge lounge. We normally have high reviews in that area. Being an Airport Hotel, that lounge is an extremely busy outlet taking care of our most valued rewards guests such as yourself. I hope that you come back to see us so that we have an opportunity to change your mind.

Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

The pool was great. The main pool was kept at 89 degrees and the atrium was kept warm. The lounge chairs were comfy. The room was nice and the bed heavenly. Was not at all impressed with the restaurant Aqua Terra--very expensive, very slow, the waiter was lost most of the time and Tatyana the grumpy water girl kept reminding me that she was NOT the server (needed a refil on diet Pepsi, etc.). The grossest thing was they refill their nasty bottles of Heinz ketchup that say "Do Not Refill". Then they acted like I was high maintenance for asking for a brand new one. Why would an upscale restaurant try to save a few pennies by refilling their ketchup bottles? Just weird. Lastly parking is very expensive here. $2 every 20 minutes for visitors of guests.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the room and most of the hotel. Your feedback of Aqua Terra is greatly apprecaited, and is taken back to our staff for training. We are always looking to improve on our service and feedback such as yours is used when we make decisions. I hope that you choose to stay with us again, and I guarantee that your service in the restuarant will be much better.

Regards
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Check in was a breeze, rooms and bathrooms are very small. Nothing to write home about, luckily I was only there for 6 hours

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. I imagine it can be tough to make a lasting impretion on such a short stay. I hope that you give us another chance to show you what our experience should be like and that we have much to offer other than just an airport stopover.

reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

excellent location for those needing airport shuttle. shuttle starts at 4:30a great for our 6:30a flight. indoor pool, nice rooms, but higher prices in seattle make value less. for a rainy seattle, having indoor pool a great plus. I am also platinum rewards, but in contrast to other reviews... liked the enclosed holidome since it rains so much in this city. Kids loved the pool. Shuttle to airport great on time n service. Price high for a non luxury place, but it is seattle and everything costs more and you get less.

Room Tip: lower level rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt a lack of value. I hope that next time you get to stay longer to enjoy our staff which is what truely makes this hotel stand out.

Best Regards

Been to Seattle Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!