“ok for a one night stay, nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
san antonio
“ok for a one night stay, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The hotel is close to airport, free shuttle, $20 to self park ( but plenty of spaces). They have a low rise section that surrounds the in-door pool ( think old holi-dome) and then a 8 story tower connected where the concierge lounge is located as well. Rooms are fine, typical 80/early 90's marriott design, upgraded to flat screens. Concierge lounge was to small and evening offering was terrible, closely followed by the random assortment of luke warm food and for breakfast. Good news is it's free. Staff was personable, value for the $ is questionable but if you get a good deal give it a whirl.

Room Tip: The rooms with pool patio's look nice if you have time to enjoy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time our to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you were unhappy about the offerings in our concierge lounge. We normally have high reviews in that area. Being an Airport Hotel, that lounge is an extremely busy outlet taking care of our most valued rewards guests such as yourself. I hope that you come back to see us so that we have an opportunity to change your mind.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

The pool was great. The main pool was kept at 89 degrees and the atrium was kept warm. The lounge chairs were comfy. The room was nice and the bed heavenly. Was not at all impressed with the restaurant Aqua Terra--very expensive, very slow, the waiter was lost most of the time and Tatyana the grumpy water girl kept reminding me that she was NOT the server (needed a refil on diet Pepsi, etc.). The grossest thing was they refill their nasty bottles of Heinz ketchup that say "Do Not Refill". Then they acted like I was high maintenance for asking for a brand new one. Why would an upscale restaurant try to save a few pennies by refilling their ketchup bottles? Just weird. Lastly parking is very expensive here. $2 every 20 minutes for visitors of guests.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed the room and most of the hotel. Your feedback of Aqua Terra is greatly apprecaited, and is taken back to our staff for training. We are always looking to improve on our service and feedback such as yours is used when we make decisions. I hope that you choose to stay with us again, and I guarantee that your service in the restuarant will be much better.

Regards
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Check in was a breeze, rooms and bathrooms are very small. Nothing to write home about, luckily I was only there for 6 hours

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. I imagine it can be tough to make a lasting impretion on such a short stay. I hope that you give us another chance to show you what our experience should be like and that we have much to offer other than just an airport stopover.

reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

excellent location for those needing airport shuttle. shuttle starts at 4:30a great for our 6:30a flight. indoor pool, nice rooms, but higher prices in seattle make value less. for a rainy seattle, having indoor pool a great plus. I am also platinum rewards, but in contrast to other reviews... liked the enclosed holidome since it rains so much in this city. Kids loved the pool. Shuttle to airport great on time n service. Price high for a non luxury place, but it is seattle and everything costs more and you get less.

Room Tip: lower level rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt a lack of value. I hope that next time you get to stay longer to enjoy our staff which is what truely makes this hotel stand out.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed at this Marriott for business. Extremely clean, very spacious rooms. Turn down service at night nice little special touch. As a Marriott rewards member there is access to the concierge lounge where there are superb nightly heavy hors d'oeuvres, enough for a meal. If you need business services the conference area and every staff member made this a wonderful business experience. Would absolutely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Also near the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel. I greatly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott as one of our rewards members. Please come back and see us next time you are in our area.

Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I am a Marriott rewards member and that is why I stayed here. Big mistake! I was on the 5th floor in an inside room. The room was dark and smelled musty. The food in the resturant was good but that was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry that you did not care for the room that you paid for at my hotel. Please feel free to contact me the next time that you are traveling to our area so that I can make amends, and make sure that you get a room more to your liking.

Regards
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I recently returned from another long weekend in Seattle where we stayed at the Marriott SEA-TAC hotel. This was a tag along on one of my husbands business trips, so of course i did not pick the hotel. That said, I really enjoy this hotel. It has been remodeled in the past year, but it still reminds me of Hotels I used to stay at on Family vacations in the 70's. It has an amazing indoor pool that is great to unwind in after a big day. It also has two hot tubs so there is always plenty of room in the evening. During the day the pool has kids in it, but in the evening it is mostly adults.
The rooms are not large, but they are comfortable, and several of them have been re-done and modernized. They do have flat screen TV's, but the chest and furniture still appear a bit dated.
The lobby of the hotel is so much fun. It is extremely contemporary while holding on to that mountain lodge feel;. It has a big open fire place, which always has a fire going, and a great bar that overlooks the pool area as well as the lobby.
It was a great hotel for a romantic get away. The price is very reasonable, and it is directly located a block from the light rail. The Marriott bus will even drop you and pick you up at the station.

I hope we return again next year.

PS- the concierge lounge is only open Monday through Friday. Not great if you are there for a long weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th floor for the Executive level lounge access!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seattle Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!