“Mixed review....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Bremerton, Washington
“Mixed review....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here the night before our flight due to the threat of snow in the morning, using Marriott Rewards points. When we made our reservation we were told to ask about an upgrade when we checked in. We did that and were upgraded to the 'Suite Level'.

Apparently I don't know what 'Suite Level' means since the room we were in was one of the smallest I've ever seen. Also, the 'Suite Level' lounge isn't open on the weekends so whatever is offered in there remains to be seen. We were in a room that faced the pool and as other reviewers have stated, it can be loud at times.

We looked at the menu for the restaurant - prices were off-putting so we opted for dinner in the bar. That probably was the best thing about this Marriott - the food was good and reasonably priced. There was some kind of convention being held at this location so the bar was a little louder than one would expect at 6 pm on a Saturday night.

There was also a mix-up on the parking charge...we were told when we made the reservation that parking was complimentary for the night you stayed at the hotel. When we checked in, the front desk quoted a parking charge and couldn't be convinced that we were told otherwise. In the morning when we checked out, that front desk clerk asked if everything went alright - I related the parking charge incident and asked it that could be 'comped' - she agreed to do so. We had planned on parking at another lot for the duration of our trip due to the Marriott's high rate to park there - when we asked for our car, the valet asked why we weren't parking there - explanation given - then we were given a MUCH lower daily rate which we took advantage of. The airport shuttle was efficient.

Because we are loyal Marriott customers, we'd probably stay here again but request a tower room.

Room Tip: Tower room to avoid the pool noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for taking your time out to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you did not have a stellar experience. Although newly renovated, our rooms are 31 years old and can seem small to todays standards, so I can understand your feelings. And we do have discounted Park and Fly rates for 3 night miniums. We have worked on the communication of those rates, and there should be less confusion now. I greatly apprecaite your feedback, and I hope that you might give us another chance at your business.

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
San Diego CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

While the pool is great for families, the accompanying noise can be quite annoying if you are trying to sleep. The shuttle was great and timely! The room was quite average. The location however close to the airport is hard to beat. Worked just fine for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I apologize that the noise from our atrium interrupted your stay. We have many rooms that do not face the atrium if you wish next time you are here. Many families choose the atrium rooms to enjoy the experience that comes with our large pool and spas, however it is not for everyone. Please see us next time you are traveling through the area, and if needed just ask for a tower room.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed twice due to flight cancellations and it was fine. Then I stayed for one week when every single hotel downtown was booked except the Four Seasons and paid the highest rates I've ever seen listed at this location. A big plus was dining at the bar and room service was very good. The staff was also helpful for getting a package sent and other requests. Overall, food and service compensated for old rooms and noise. At normal rates this is average, but at near full rates, you can't help but feel let down.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing our hotel. I am glad that your stay was pleasurable for the most part, and that you enjoyed our Food & Beverage outlets. The Seattle area does have a definite season, and pricing goes accordingly with it. I hope that you can enjoy our hotel no matter what season brings you to the Pacific Northwest. If downtown gets sold out, with the light-rail now going to the city every 10 minutes, we are a great alternative. Please comeback and see us again.

Regards
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is an 'airport' hotel, located a stone's throw from the terminal. I was expecting something very average but was pleasantly surprised by the facilities, service and food. We had a room facing the airport but were never disturbed by the planes.

Pros:
Nice pool in the atrium. Lots of families used it.
Cozy yet spacious lobby and bar with a central fire place
Very good gym with free weights to 50lbs and lots of cardio machines
Better than average restaurant
Clean room and very comfortable bed

Cons:
The bathroom was showing it's age a little
Also, I personally like a ceiling exhaust fan in a bathroom which these didn't have
Atrium rooms could get a little noisy
The parking in the hotel lot can get full quickly

The cons are really quibbles. For this style of hotel, it exceeded my expectations. The location is also convenient to gas stations and some decent restaurants, especially Mango if you like Thai food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on our hotel. I appreciate your time in doing so. We always boast that we are not your "average" airport hotel, and it is always a pleasure when a guest gets surprised. We are a gem up here on the hill. Families in our atrium can create some noise, and that can be part of the charm of the hotel , expecially on weekends. We have plenty of rooms that do not face the atrium if needed. Thank you again, and I hope that we get to see you again.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Listen up. This hotel has a big indoor pool in a huge atrium. Typically this would be a big plus for me. However, acoustics are really bad and since most rooms open onto the pool you can hardly sleep. There is always a yahoo or two that stay in the pool really late and go back really early. Their screams keep everyone awake as the sound has nowhere to go and resonates all around the atrium. You have been warned. If you want a quiet night of sleep look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
dhayden, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Our Atrium is one of the most unique features of the hotel, and it can get noisy with families that are enjoying it. I apologize that it interrupted your sleep. We have plenty of rooms that do not face the atrium, or are in the tower if the need arrises that you visit us again. I hope that you would give us another chance, and enjoy the rest of the hotel as well.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a flight cancellation at SeaTac.
Location is good for the airport, close by and they run a regular free shuttle.
After spending most of the day at the airport I was very hungry so tried the lobby bar. Had to wait about 10mins for a waiter, despite the bar being quite empty, only about 3 other tables. They claim the food is freshly cooked but my chicken came out in about 5mins so am sure it was pre prepared, otherwise I'm sure I'd be poisoned if it was actually cooked that quickly.
Rooms were terrible if you want to get any sleep. The walls were paper thin and I could hear the entire conversation from the next room when they were just speaking at a normal level. They also have a terrible alarm clock which has a bright light on the top (the snooze button) which stays illuminated all night and lights up the room. I had to put mine on the floor and cover with something so could have some darkness.
Luckily I hadn't paid for this, as paid by the airline, but if I had I would have been asking for my money back!

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you did not have a good experience here. The service that you received in our outlet is not acceptable, and your experience in our rooms is rare. I am glad that you did not have to pay for something that you were not satisfied with, however that doesnt make your experience any less impactful. Again, I am sorry that we dropped the ball on service, and that you were not happy with the room. If you travel to our area again in the future, please let me know that you are comming, and I will make sure that we take better care of you.

Regards
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a "cut above" airport hotel. Nicer rooms, comfortable bed, soft linens and very professional and friendly front desk. But the very best thing is that you walk across the street to the train station, and can get downtown in expensively and quickly.

I've booked this for $50 numerous times by bidding on Priceline, so you can save a bundle too. Just bid for a 3+ star Sea hotel for $50, and you'll either end up here or the slightly lessor Doubletree across the street.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Seattle Airport Marriott? Share your experiences!