“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SeaTac Crest Motor Inn

Save Saved
You added SeaTac Crest Motor Inn to your Saves list
SeaTac Crest Motor Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18845 Pacific Hwy South, International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Dirty, Dirty, Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This place advertised rooms at $39.99 but when I arrived they charged $75 and told me all of the reasons why I couldn't have that price. The room was dirty. There was stains all over and it was not well maintained. The desk and entertainment center looked like something put together by a child. The whole place smelled. I didnt even want to lay in the bed. I would NEVER stay there again. I would rather sleep on the street, it would probably be cleaner and more comfortable. Horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2012
Karl S, Owner at SeaTac Crest Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
The 39.99 and up price at the airport and The price that would have been quoted for a single individual is just that, the price for a single individual. The guest neglected to mention that there were far more guests with the individual requiring a larger room with 2 beds. To expect a room with 2 queen beds for 4 or more persons for a mere $39.99 is not realistic. The rest of this review is, unfortunately, a pure fabrication. The room was clean and odor free. The rooms do not have, nor do we claim they have a desk of any kind. The Entertainment center is likewise a fabrication of the reviewer as we do not have nor claim to have one in the rooms. The rooms come with a television, basic cable, nothing more nor do claim to provide more. We are sorry that this guest could not get the price they would have liked but they failed to provide us with all the accurate information when they called from the airport..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were stranded at Seattle airport and chose this from the panel in airport luggage area because they provided shuttle service and close to airport. The only thing nice about this hotel is the owners daughters' BMW parked in prime parking space in front of hotel so she can look at it while working the front desk painting her nails and shopping on internet.. She was rude, abrasive and argumentative after she charged me $87 for a posted rate of $39. This hotel serves as a parking lot for airport passengers and they treat their customers just like the cars - store you in a dirty space and ignore you. AWFUL and Dirty!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
This reviewer is a member of the group above (July 25th, 2012) As explained in our response to that review, the 39.99 rate is for a single individual. We were unaware they were a large group until they arrived at the hotel. This was explained to them and they had the option, of course, for us to return them to the airport. Our front desk clerk was attentive to the guest's needs during check in and was not doing 'other things' nor does the car she drives or its parking placement have anything whatsoever to do with the guests stay. As with the July 25th review by a member of this same group, upset that they could not get a single person rate for 4 persons, the room was clean.
Beaverton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed here when my flight was overbooked. Got picked up within 15 minutes of calling. The hotel is a mile from the airport so there is airport noise. But the staff is nice, prices are the best, rooms are clean. They could use some remodeling and upgrades but great value for the money.

Room Tip: It is better than the cheap motels. It's not a 5 star nor does it claim to be. But The rooms are...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
We're happy thatyour stay with us was pleasant and hope to see you again.
Portland, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The first thing we noticed, besides the musty/moldy smell of the room, was the lamp between the beds, which had a long strip of very old ducktape that was used to hold the bulb receptacle on to the rest of the lamp. The bulb and wires were hanging at an angle The light itself was flickering on and off, so we quickly turned it off for the duration of our stay (after taking pictures!). The glass in a ceiling lamp had obvious stains where water had leaked in, and the electric outlet that the heater/cooling unit was plugged in to had no cover, showing bare wires.

The fridge was unplugged when we arrived, and when we plugged it in, we discovered why - the door wouldn't stay closed, making it useless.
There was no tissue - we used toilet paper. The carpet was worn and tattered, and the bathroom wall had stains on it that looked like old mold stains. The volume and the on/off functions of the TV remote didn't work. They generously provided us one whole plastic glass, but no alarm clock, and a phone that had blank buttons - no way to tell what button to use to call the desk, call out, etc.

Once outside the immediate lobby area, the entire place was old and worn out - I normally don't mind, as long as things are clean and well maintained, but they weren't at all here at this place.

Adding insult to injury, we were charged $79 for a double queen room that was advertised on their billboard and website as being $59. When I questioned that rate, the desk clerk checking us in literally laughed and said "but all the hotels are full". The morning clerk said it was because "... we checked in after 6pm." Seattle was in the middle of a bad snow storm, and the airport had closed. Other motels, including the one we'd originally reserved, had lost their electricity; so because rooms were scarce, this motel added an extra $20 because in essence, they could.

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! (I took more pictures, but unfortunately the memory card on the camera was full, so they didn't save - enjoy the lovely sights! ;-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
OCALA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The room was cold 2/3 of the night. got up to take a shower, could not get hot water in the shower, have to wash in the sink. was no wash clothes in room.say something to them, they just look at me. was a poor choice in staying there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Not only is the hotel a cesspool, but their staff scratched my car by throwing a filthy floormat on it during some sort of tantrum and the hotel refused to take responsibility. They were so obnoxious that someone actually called the police to help get it sorted out. Never met such pigs in my life.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was quoted the room rate from the airport over the phone. When I arrived a few minutes later, I wasn't wearing my reading glasses, as they were in my suitcase. I asked the man at the desk who wrote up my receipt if the price was as quoted, and I restated the amount.
He confirmed it, but I discovered a few days later that he charged me $10 more, plus tax.
When I called and asked that they credit my account the difference, I received very poor customer satisfaction. I finally spoke to the owner, and he insisted that I was given a better room than the type of room for which I was given a price quote.
I explained that no one told me that, and that I verbally received a confirmation that the price would be what I had been quoted over the phone.
He refused to credit my account the small difference. That is not only dishonest in that they missrepresented the rate. Moreover, the customer satisfaction regarding my completely legitmate complaint was very poor. The room itself was fine, and it's a shame that they would conduct their business is such an unbusiness like manner.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to SeaTac Crest Motor Inn? Share your experiences!