“Did not honor price quoted on phone!” 1 of 5 stars

Skyway Inn Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20045 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98198   |
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Sequim, WA. USA
“Did not honor price quoted on phone!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We live 2.5 hours from SeaTac, changed our plans on the way to the airport, called these guys got a quote, wrote it down, told them we were on our way. I trusted and did not question it because it was also the price I found for them online through a website called Global Mobile. I am guessing this is a bait and switch tactic because when we got there my husband went in to pay they would not honor the quoted price. They acted like we were stupid, that I had heard the price wrong over the phone. The guy I had talked to was nowhere to be found, they claimed whoever it was he was new and did not know the prices. Smooth move on them because now you are trapped and do not have time to find another place to park. The good was we got to the airport timely and when we returned they picked us up within 10 to 15 minutes. Talked to them again back in the office about being overcharged, showed the online price I found hoping they would be honorable? No such luck. Oh well, lesson learned. Next time I will do more research, plan ahead. I would certainly never go there again! I will easily pay more somewhere else that is honest and does not trick you. Also the hotel did not look like a nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is not the Comfort Inn and the price reflects this. We needed a cheap, functional room with airport shuttle for an overnight stay. This place was clean, had cable TV, prompt shuttle with courteous staff. What's not to like? A short walk from the Inn were several family owned local restaurants with a variety of different menus: seafood, burgers, Mexican, etc. Loved it and will be back. They also have long term parking for locals. I liked. I think the negative reviews are probably due to unrealistic high expectations. Theses folks should spend more in alignment with their needs.

Room Tip: Set the alarm on your phone.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Checked in about 9.pm Oct 10,2014. Upon checking in asked for a 5.00am wake up call. Went for a bite to eat. In meantime my family in Alaska began calling for me with urgent news. They called every 1/2 hour until they reached me at 11.30. The desk clerk was rude, slurring her words and just plain nasty. She was even nasty to me about it when I returned.
She did not call and wake me & I missed my flight. She was unhelpful and rude and tried to put me on the street at 8.am. I refused to leave and was sick with worry. I could not get another flight for a week, and did not have a lot of money. It ended with them "giving" me a "free" second night, but they told me they could not help me with the costs for a change in my ticket of $150.00 (International) nor the costs to get to my destination, An additional $300.00. Said their boss Sat told them not to call her again over the weekend. My family has tried and tried to reach Mr. Tinder Dhanda and MS Sat. with no results. They cost us this money directly by allowing this Drunken Clerk I believe she said her name was Erika. (She even had the nerve to call my son's room an ask him to bring her a beer so they could talk about her mistake.) He did then she had the nerve to accuse him of drinking in the lobby!. He's on vacation she's not!! This place is run very badly and if I don't get compensation soon, I will be calling more than the BBB. Like the fire inspectors and any and all hotel associations that may be able to shut them down. They cannot treat people this way with no regard for human rights and dignities.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

It was when I traveled to Seattle for my business, I realized I forgot to book my hotel upon my arrival to SEATAC, WA.
I did not need a fancy hotel and just wanted to sleep in quiet and warm place. I soon went on Expedia mobile to search and found the deal at this hotel (motel). However, I was not able to make myself comfortable with noise comes from Highway 99 which never sleeps for the logistics trucks and passenger transfer at SEATAC and could not sleep well at this hotel. In winter time, I do not think an air conditioning heater attached is good enough to keep warm at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Chimacum, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

I reserved at this Hotel for parking over the last weekend and had a wonderful experience. After reading all the negative reviews that were written I still took a chance because I was a women traveling alone and I wanted something close and that I could afford. They did have a valet who parked the car and they were very nice. They immediately took me to the airport with no delay. When I returned it was late at night so again since the other reviews claimed they took forever etc. I was a little worried. I went to the courtesy phone and called them. Again they were very polite and I waited less than five minutes and was picked up by a very nice man who again got my car immediately upon arrival, no waiting and I was off within a couple of seconds. There was no damage to my car and I would use them again in a heartbeat! :)

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

We went on vacation and came back to a huge crack across our windshield. When I complained to the front desk they made me talk to the driver who said, 'not my fault...'. A front desk girl told me they had had other people complain about a chipped windshield and they thought that it was due to the construction trucks they were letting drive thru their lot. The manager finally called me back and just told me, they won't pay for it, its not their fault. That was it. I had bought the car just over a week before we went on vacation. There were no cracks or chips in the windshield. If your car is damaged their will not fix it, they will deny liability. I'd pay more to go to a more reputable parking lot.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

I defiantly wouldn't leave my car here again. I didn't stay a night here,but I parked my car. You get what you pay for! Parking and getting to the airport wasn't what turned me off this place. It was when I arrived back home. I landed late and was alone. As a female you always have your guard up,but being so late at night, dark and tired from my travel, I was in no mood to have to wait for much.

I waited almost 30 mins for my shuttle to come pick me up. When he did finally arrive, he didn't help me with my bags nor even opened the door for me. When we got back to the Skyway Inn, I figured my car would have been parked warmed up and ready to go for me. But instead I had to walk with all my luggage, purse down the dark One AM parking lot in a not so good area. On top of all that they parked my car by a dusty ally way, which had caused so much dust on my car and windows I couldn't even see out of my windows. So like I said, I guess it was My fault for thinking a "cheap airport parking lot" Would offer me anything more! IF I was you- Pay a few bucks more for good service!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Skyway Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!