“Very Nice, Affordable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19445 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Washington, Virginia
“Very Nice, Affordable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Seattle Airport on January 21, between returning from British Columbia and a flight out of Seatac the next morning. We had stayed at the hotel before and had a good experience.

The hotel has ample free parking and the hotel lot feels safe although it is not gated. We parked very close to the front entrance of the hotel which may have contributed to our feeling of safety!

Check in was a breeze. The clerk also offered a list of local dining locations and said that the on demand shuttle was available to take us anywhere on the list.

Our room was spacious and clean, and so was the bathroom. the king sized bed was incredibly comfortable with very soft linens and good pillows. We noticed some TV noise from an adjacent room but it didn't disturb us.

The hotel offers an outdoor pool, fitness center and continental breakfast. We didn't make use of any of these, but noticed that the breakfast included some hot items (sausage, eggs and biscuits on the day we were there) as well as the usual doughnuts, cereal, yogurt and toast. They also pack items into "breakfast to go" bags that you can grab on your way out. No idea what's in there, but seemed like a great idea for travellers!

The on demand shuttle was great. We returned our rental car the night before our flight and the driver came and picked us up at the off-airport rental location within a few minutes of our call. We used the shuttle to get to the airport in the morning and it was prompt and efficient as well. You can't reserve the shuttle, you just go to the lobby about 10 or 15 minutes before you need a ride and it works pretty well. We had to wait 5-10 minutes for the van to return from a trip but since we had allowed for that we were not late.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed January 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

This hotel is very close to the airport and they offer a free shuttle. The breakfast in the morning was great! All of the front desk personnel were very kind and helpful. The room was more than I expected for a moderate hotel! The bed was wonderful and I love the little lap desks that they put on each bed. I will stay at Hampton again soon.

Stayed November 2006
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

Had been in Seattle for five nights and was flying out at 6am the following morning so opted for the Hampton Inn, partly thanks to frequent stays and benefits at Hilton properties. Cost was a reasonable $103 for the night.

Arrived around 4pm and had a nice welcome pack of Oreos, bottles of water and note waiting for me which was decent. At check-in was given password for complimentary internet. Went to dinner with friends at a nearby place. Came back around 10pm and did some ironing before settling into bed. The room itself was a pretty decent size and bed was comfortable.

Woke up around 4.15am and took a shower, the toiletries were standard HI affairs and not too bad. Shower was decent and even at 4.45am the breakfast buffet was out in the lobby. I was being fed on my flight so passed on it. The shuttle arrived after about 10mins and didn't wait around for others.

Overall not a bad stay, not outstanding...needed more than 6hrs to scope the place out though.

• Liked — Spacious accommodation
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2006

Close enough to Seattle for me to stay 5 nights. A 20 minute commute into the city, saving a lot of money. Total about $100 per night. Very quiet between rooms. Airport noise is there but not a problem even for a light sleeper. Great hot breakfast spread and snacks all day. Friendly and helpful staff and an army of housekeepers. Very nice room; looks like new; excellent bed. This is a $400 room in the city. Can't say enough.

• Liked — Quality and Value
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

My husband and 6 month old baby girl stayed here July 14-16, 2006. We LOVED the room, very spacious and clean, and we really liked the all-white sheets and duvet cover. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the requested crib for our daughter was delivered immediately after check-in. The free breakfast was great and so nice to have after being on the road for a week and a half--it saved us a trip out to pick up breakfast. One nice plus is the beautiful park directly across the street from the Hampton Inn. On the night we arrived, we didn't feel like going out with the baby and wanted to stay close. We took a walk over to the park and there was "Shakespere in the Park" going on, with a huge crowd, and a beautiful lake just beyond. We said that each time we're in Seattle before flying out of SEATAC after visiting family in central WA, we're staying at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2006
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

I've not stayed at a Hampton before this but I was very impressed. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. I heard just a faint bit of plane noise but nothing out of the ordinary if you live in a suburb of a big city! We all slept just fine. The breakfast was one of the nicer ones we had during our stay in the Seattle area which consisted of La Quinta's and Best Westerns. It had was a "glorified" continential breakfast and has something for everyone, truly. My hubby and kids used the pool and found it clean, warm and relaxing. We rented our car from Enterprise and it was just about 1 block away so quick access to drop off and back to airport if you catch an a.m. flight. We paid $119 on internet rate for family of 4. Can't beat the price/location if you need to fly the next day. I was impressed with Hampton, especially the beds and breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2006
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

OK. First of all, this is an airport hotel. So expect plane noise. The location is to the side of the runway a couple blocks away so planes are not taking off/landing directly over the hotel. SEATAC is not too busy an airport, however, so there is minimal activity between 1am and 5am. The room walls are concrete which helps minimize the noise. I agree that this, or any other airport hotel, would not be the best choice for light sleepers.

I requested a quiet room and therefore got one on the road side, farthest from the airport, on the 4th floor.

Checkin: Front desk staff was OK, but lacked some knowledge and were not very fast compared to my favorite Hampton Inn in the Seattle area, the Hampton Inn Southcenter. I agree with the comment that they might be overwhelmed if there is more than one or two people waiting to checkin. One error is that they did not know if the parking lot on one side of the building could be used by hotel guests or not (it can't). There is a roving security truck trying to catch people, so be sure you do park in the right area. Second, they had slight trouble dealing with my credit card, trying to figure out my name vs. my company's name on the card. That's unusual. I think they were just inexperienced. They were very polite. They offered a list of restaurants, and will shuttle you to some of them with their free bus. If you have a car, I recommend the short drive to Southcenter Mall area.

Room: Nicely furnished, generous size (possibly due to end of hall room), decorated in dark wood tones. Bedding is recently updated and was comfortable. Desk/desk chair, recliner easy chair. Plenty of pillows. Standard Hampton Inn setup. Bathroom was nice, no mold on tub caulking, plenty of light and mirrors. All facilities functional no issues. Oh, I did have one light bulb that was burned out, but didn't stay long enough to see if they would fix it when I left the burned out bulb on the desk in the room. And speaking of bulbs, they use standard bright ones not the energy saving, dim, compact fluourescent ones. That's a plus.

Not sure if they have the mini-fridge/microwave like over at the Southcenter location. I requested one on my reservation and didn't get it, and the checkin staff didn't mention it. I didn't ask since this was a short trip.

Another poster mentioned no closet - that's true it is an armoire/cabinet, which is OK by me. I do find a bit bothersome that the hangers are the security kind which can be inconvenient. Another poster mentioned about the power outlet. This was actually not a problem in my room - better than average. The desk lamp had a dual outlet so access for laptop and cellphone simultaneously w/o crawling around on the floor or rearranging furniture.

Smoking observation: I noticed that the 4th floor is a combination of smoking and nonsmoking rooms, so the hallway smelled as a result. In the Southcenter Hampton, the 4th floor is entirely nonsmoking which is much better. My nonsmoking room in this hotel did not smell of smoke, however. I'm not sure if they have any entirely nonsmoking floors in this hotel since I didn't ask them.

Fitness center: I used it and it's small but nice. One treadmill (wish there were two since that's the one item most people want), one stepper, one bike, one four-position multigym.

Outdoor pool: Didn't use it or see anyone using it. I'm not sure if it is heated like the one in Southcenter.

General area: Safe enough, fast food joints, other hotels, remote parking lots for the airport. One nice thing: there's a lake park right across the street - didn't have time to check it out but it looked pleasant for a walk.

Breakfast: Hostess gets extra high marks. Very friendly, keeps the area clean, stocked and ready to go very early (I showed up at the advertised start time of 5am and everything was in place). The free breakfast is to my liking. Extended continental with one or two warmed up hot items (scrambled egg patties, canadian bacon), varies by day. Breads, cereals, fresh fruit, juices, etc. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby, as are bananas and apples - good to keep the traveler healthy.

Lobby has one public computer for people to check their email and so forth. That is a handy item and something missing at the Southcenter Hampton. I use my own laptop, though, and wireless internet is free for hotel guests and works very well in the rooms and lobby areas - very important to me in my work.

Overall, it's a good place for the price, averaging around $100/night before taxes during peak weekday times. And of course, this is a per-room price, which makes it more attractive for families, all of whom get that nice free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!