“Best Value in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
SF Bay Area
“Best Value in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

For a quick weekend to Seattle, I scoured the hotel rates in different parts of the city - $25 parking, fee for wifi, no free hot breakfast, etc. Then I started looking at the hotels close to the airport and came upon the reviews for this hotel. It was unanimous amongst the reviewers that this hotel had everything at the right price - comfort, luxury, free wifi, hot breakfast, shuttle service and parking. BINGO. All for less than $100 a night. It is located just about two miles from the airport near many good restaurants. The room was superb - comfy bed, clean, nice work station, Ipod outlets next to the bed, flat screen HD tV, and the breakfast was good too. Oh yeah, free newspapers and to go food for those of us on the run. All n all, I will be back.

Room Tip: Park near the pool to access elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AquilaGSA, Opreations Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You can also save money using the Light Rail to and from down town. If you don’t need a vehicle, our shuttle will happily bring you to and from the light rail station or nearby restaurants. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Thank you.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spent two nights here on our way back from Canada. The hotel seems newly renovated and has clean comfortable rooms with all the basic amenities. Free internet and parking are a benefit as is the free breakfast. The staff in particular were always attentive, helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
Overall an excellent experience.Would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AquilaGSA, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are currently replacing the carpeting in all the rooms. The installers have been able to work almost unnoticed. I glad you had enough time to enjoy the hotel’s amenities. I will be sending your comments on to our staff. It has been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to serving you again. Thank you.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived late, for a one-night stay, and had to leave at 4 a.m. The staff was very accomodating - they had "to-go" breakfast bags available at 4 a.m., provided transportation to the airport, and were cheerful and helpful - despite a driving rainstorm and the early hour. The rooms were comfortable, with the (usual) excellent beds, that the Hampton Inn is known for. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AquilaGSA, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your comments are truly appreciated. We are so happy to have had the opportunity to accommodate you, while you had to be away from home. Our “to go” breakfast bags and shuttle are always available for our guests leaving on those early morning flights. We look forward to serving you again when your plans bring you through Seatac. Thank You!
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to a early morning flight. The room was clean, quiet, spacious, with a great bathroom with huge shower. Staff was courteous, and helpful. Shuttle was on time, and we were helped with our luggage. We appreciated the hot breakfast which starts at 5:00 a.m. since we had to leave for the airport at 5:30 a.m. I definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay again when visiting family in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AquilaGSA, Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that your stay at The Hampton Inn-Seattle Airport went so well. Starting breakfast at 5:00am is important at Seatac for early flights such as yours. Had you needed to leave earlier, our staff would have had an “On The Go” bag for you to take.
Beverly, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were delighted to find ourselves in this convenient, well appointed and well-staffed Hampton as the last stop on our NorthWest trip. We have stayed here before, and we are grateful for the consistently comfortable rooms. The staff at this property is exceptional - helpful front desk and prompt shuttle drivers. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AquilaGSA, Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It has been our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate it that as your trip was coming to an end, you had a good night. We hope the previous days went well also. We hope to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Been a hilton honors diamond member for sometime now and I couldnt agree more with the negative reviews from tripadvisor members on this hotel.
First night- found hair on pillow. I brought this to the attention of the front office staff who coulnd't care less and reacted like its the norm.
Second and third nights - card reader by the back door was non functional. I was blamed for placing my key card next to my blackberry. They tried to find excuses for the card reader when one of the more honest staff informed me that i wasnt the only one who had issues. Matter of fact i have stayed at numerous hotels and never had an issue with the keycard being with my blackberry--- in the same pocket!
And of course, no apologies ????
I stayed at this hotel for seven nights(UNFORTUNATELY!!!). The front office staff were very rude and unlike other hilton hotels, you have to initiate greeting them , otherwise you were just a ghost passing by the front office. You arrive at your hotel after a gruelling day at work and grumpy people stay at the front office, non challant of your arrival??? Darn! i should have gone thru the rear door, but Oh NO! the rear door keycard reader doesnt work!!! i should've used the emergency ladders to the second floor!!!!!!!
I am a hilton honors diamond member and first time i encountered very unfriendly front office staff. Fifth night, i wanted to switch rooms to a double bed and was denied. I was told there werent any available??? Yet, i went online that night and it showed there were rooms available.
If this was how they treat their diamond members, how worse do they treat others????
I hate this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

While I normally love staying at Hampton Inns, this location is at the bottom of my list of Hamptons that I have tried. For most people, none of the things I mention should be deal breakers but I've had better experiences at the Hampton hotels and will be staying at a different Hampton Inn if I come back to Seattle.

Service- When we came to check in, we had the robotic customer service, said all the right things but no emotion behind it. For the rest of the experience my interactions with that particular front desk person was the same. Otherwise, every time I came to the front desk, nobody was there and I had to wait around for someone to show up. On checkout day which was very early we got to test the Hampton breakfast timings, breakfast was not ready on time and the 'breakfast to go' was not available if we needed that service. So overall, service fail.

Gym - all cardio, no resistance training, fail for me.

Room- I liked it- bed, furniture, washroom- all good, typical Hampton. The heater was terrible. It worked but was so loud and rattled. Everytime it started up, I woke up. No view, but staying at an airport location so not expecting anything in that way.

Internet - Wifi speeds kept drying up, sometimes took a very long time to load webpages. Even on their computer when I went to print out my boarding passes, speed was very slow.

Breakfast - selection was limited as it was a smaller location which was ok. Food quality was typical of a Hampton. Staff turned over the food quickly which was appreciated.

Smoking- I was in a non-smoking room but the floors are part smoking and part non, when I came up to the hall at one point the whole hallway stunk of cigarette smoke. Wasn't happy with that.

Location- conveniently a few minutes drive from the airport (they have a shuttle). We dropped off our car at the rental shop in the wee hours of the morning. Hotel is located across the street from the park which overlooks a body of water, nice quick walk. Close to the highway and fast food options.

During a typical stay at the Hampton I have nothing to complain about, so for me, I'll be staying at a different Hampton if I ever come to Seattle again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AquilaGSA, Operations Manager at Hampton Inn Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate knowing the issues that you had during your stay, it allows us to correct them.
Service- I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the service that we expect from our staff and we are taking steps to prevent these issues in the future.
Internet- ATT expects to have the internet speed increased by the end of October.
Smoking- The smoking rooms are in a separate wing from the non-smoking rooms. In addition we have a system that pulls the air away from the non-smoking rooms and out of the building. Engineering will be checking that the system is working properly.
Thank you again for your comments, it allows us the opportunity to correct them.

Been to Hampton Inn Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!