“Great location and comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   19445 International Blvd., SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Friend, Nebraska
“Great location and comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed here as our flight out the next morning at SeaTac was early. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. The shuttle service is very efficient and timely. The location to the car rental places couldn't be better! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We have recently decided to stay at Hampton Inns because we like their linens, the room layouts and the breakfast selections and flexibility. We had a very early flight and this hotel was convenient and affordable. We were a little concerned about previous reviews that mentioned airport noise, but we didn't hear any. I was expecting low-flying planes all night and it was very quiet. The front desk staff was great for our late checkin and breakfast had plenty of options for my breakfast-loving husband and for my lighter preferences. I highly recommend this Hampton if you need to stay near the airport. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, especially in light of the price. First the staff was very frustrating to deal with and often rude not only to myself but to others who were checking in at the same time I was. After waiting at leat 20 minutes, I was finally checked in by a very rude female attendent who practically threw my room keys at me. When I entered the roon, it smelled and didn't seem to be very clean. The bed was shoddily made and the carpet looked as if it hadn't been vacuumed in months. Last, it was hard to sleep in the room that night, not because of noise but because it felt as if I was being bitten by bugs in the bed although a hotel worker tried to assure me that I was mistaken. I don't know what a bed bug is but I am certainly wondering...next time I will be staying elsewhere. On top of all that, I was treated rudely when I checked out and because of this experience, I will be contacting Hilton Honors as I am a dimond memeber and should not be treated like this.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, management and the employees of this hotel, plus the condition of the rooms, m...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
West Lafayette IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and used the shuttle to and from the airport. When we called from the airport to be picked up, it took a long time for the shuttle to arrive. Every other hotel and parking shuttle drove by before the Hampton Inn. On our early morning return to the airport, we only had to wait a few minutes.

The rooms were clean and we didn't notice any airplane noise. The rooms were decorated in the new Hampton style where the closet, desk, and window are along one wall. If someone is sitting at the desk, it is difficult to reach the closet. Also, the windows have shades instead of curtains so you have to choose privacy or having some light.

The breakfast seemed skimpier than most other Hamptons.

• Stayed November 2011
Niles, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Seattle Airport. When we walked into the room, the first thing we noticed was how small it was. We booked a King Bed Study with pull-out sofa so this wasn't the smallest room they offered. I wouldn't have wanted to see a smaller one! The bathroom was tiny and didn't have a tub...just a walk-in shower. The front desk staff was not friendly nor helpful when we checked into the hotel. The rooms were clean. As others have mentioned...the planes are LOUD. They did have a very convenient airport shuttle available. I didn't use the shuttle but it was a very short drive to the airport...very convenient location. This hotel was not inexpensive and I definitely expected more. During our trip to the Seattle area, we also spent a night at the Homewood Suites Seattle Airport. What a difference between the two hotels! Yes the Homewood Suites was more expensive but a whole lot quieter, the staff was wonderful, hot breakfast and the rooms were much larger.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Nice hotel. Very clean and good breakfast. Had a noisy HVAC unit but was quickly transferred to another quiet room. Planes are loud and start flying early.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Seattle-Airport Hampton quite a few times over the past few years. Check-in after 11pm is ALWAYS a painfully slow process. The man who handles the front desk (Keith?) can't seem to locate a reservation, scan a credit card and get a key handed out in less than 5 minutes (or at least it seems that long). I have seen some improvement over the past 6 months or so but it is still slow.

My last two stays I had no acknowledgement of my Diamond status, or welcomed back, or any of the "extras" such as bottled water and cookies. The service does not compare well with other Hilton properties I have stayed at.

The property itself is a "standard" Hampton Inn: Clean, comfortable, predictable. The location is on the Airport side of the road and can be noisy if you are on the runway side of the building.

The biggest issue is a late check in. Since I am usually just passing through, coming in at 10:30pm and leaving at 5:30 am, any delay has an impact. It will take the shuttle about 15 minutes to reach the airport although the trip to the hotel is just 5 minutes. When you add the length of time it takes to check in after 11pm, it can be 30-40 minutes from curb to bed.

The Hilton and the Doubletree are closer and seem to have shuttles more regularly so you may want to check the pricing between the properties and choose accordingly. Both the Hilton and Doubletree have better properties and service but they can, at times, be much more expensive.

Room Tip: The hotel is very near the runway so ask for a room away from the runway side of the property
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!