“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lawton, OK, United States
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Must visit to experience a true and comfortable hotel! Nice amenities! Close to the airport and the staff was very professional. Great room service and restaurant. I recommend this hotel for anyone on personal or business trips.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated all of the amenities our property has to offer. We hope to see you back again very soon!

Jessica Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Everett, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I got to upgrade to a better floor and the service was great. I great help when I asked for it. The cleanliness was good and the housekeeping was there change the dirty towels and wash clothes. I found that the location was great to get to my friends house, but had problems in the dark when I don't know the place will.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for the great 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were even upgraded. It pleases us to know that you received great service from our team members during your visit. We hope to see you back again soon!
Beiseker, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I enjoyed my visit very much. I hope I'm able to stay here again on a return visit. Arrangements for my conference were made easily and efficiently. I wish the restaurant on the top floor #14 was functioning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank for the 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you even plan to return! We appreciate your interest in visiting Maxi's at the Top of the Tower. Maxi’s is open Friday and Saturday evenings from 9:00 pm - 1:30 am. We invite you to join us for a fantastic evening at the top of the tower during your next stay with us!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend for a convention (FaerieCon), and have stayed here in years past for Norwescon (annually for 10 years!). The hotel is great for these conventions, staff are friendly (though occasionally overwhelmed at busy conventions!) Rooms are clean and spacious. One complaint is the lack of free wifi in rooms (which seems to be free nowadays almost anywhere else I've stayed, in any city, of any level), though at least this year I was able to get free wifi in my room for 24 hours (once I figured out how). Much larger complaint, which has been worsening for years, but was worst of all this year, are the food options as a celiac. Generally, when restaurants charge these kinds of prices as at Doubletree Seatac, I expect more flexibility in my dining options, than Doubletree provides. I could have a salad. Or steak. No starch unless I was willing to endure polenta - no rice available at all on the menu, now, and I was told I couldn't have the mashed potatoes OR the french fries because they had flour in them. Who puts flour in mashed potatoes? (and no need to coat french fries in flour either if you fry them properly). Breakfast was slightly better, but only because I splurged $20 (on a buffet where of course I could eat no baked goods, no cereal, and no toast). Food at conventions has always been tricky and limited at Doubletree, but it's worsened even further in the 3 years since I was last there. I'd have eaten offsite, but I was injured and couldn't walk to nearby restaurants, and with no fridge or microwave, bringing in my own food was also not a viable option. So ... a decent hotel, but the various onsite food options are overly expensive for what you get, not to mention inflexible for anyone with any food restrictions.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the various challenges that you experienced. Our goal is to provide each guest with an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that may need improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed here so that we could go to the nightclub and enjoy and few drinks without having to drive. As the passenger, the valet did not bother to open my door. Check-in was fast. We had a really hard time finding our room and had to eventually ask a hotel employee for an escort because the signage was so confusing. The property was clearly saving $ by not pumping any heat in the hallways despite it being the middle of winter. The room was underwhelming. No thick comforters on the beds here. I had to snuggle with my husband to stay warm! It was quiet in the night. In the morning I found a mobile phone under the curtains in our room which makes me question the cleanliness of the this property. When I went to turn it in at reception, I was not even asked what room it came from - which also makes me ask about the integrity of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and guestroom appointment and we will use your comments on comfort and cleanliness as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The service was horrible at the hotel and failed to acknowledge my Hilton Gold status. The air-conditioning system did not function properly and on top of all that parking at the hotel is an additional $22 charge to park your car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and sincerely apologize about the disappointment you experienced during your stay. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests, as well as, making adjustments to enhance the overall guest experience. Although we regret to hear of the frustrations you encountered, your feedback allows us to revisit the importance of guest service with our staff. I hope you will allow us to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction by staying at our hotel again soon.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The stranded traveler check-in process was arduous as somehow Alaska Airlines Stranded Traveler service provider screwed up reservation but other than that all was good. The location of the hotel in proximity to the airport is excellent and there is a free shuttle that goes to the airport and back every 20 minutes. Good amenities and close to lots of restaurants etc.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand how stressful travel disruptions can be and so we are glad to hear that our convenient airport location and 24 hour complimentary shuttle were beneficial to you. We hope that you were able to relax during your time with us, and that the rest of your travels went smoothly. Hope to see you again!
Jessica Harris

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!