“Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport - crazy floorplan” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free of Fees
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport - crazy floorplan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is great in many ways - free shuttle to the airport, free shuttle to the local shopping mall, great staff, good food, nice breakfast and dining areas and really nice rooms. However, the layout of the hotel is crazy! It is eight different buildings attached to each other via a series of "skybridges". Just to get to my room in Building 4, I had to go down a long skybridge 1, take an elevator up one level, walk down two more long skybridges, take an elevator down one level and walk across one more skybridge! This is no fun when you are pushing a luggage cart full of suitcases. Once in the room, we found that the electric outlets did not work and neither did the shower. The staff quickly got those working. All in all, a good hotel, just request a room in Building 1.

Room Tip: Request Building 1 and lake view vs parking lot view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our free shuttles and that you enjoyed the staff and the food. We understand that the layout of the hotel can be confusing and have tried to provide proper directions for guests to find their rooms the easiest way possible. Also sorry to hear that the outlets were not working in your room but glad the staff got those working quickly. Hope to see you again. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I often stay overnight at the nearby Airport Hilton and Conference Center when traveling through Seatac. However, this time the Hilton was fully booked and I stayed, for the first time, at the Doubletree. Never again.

The bed was quite comfortable, but in other ways the Doubletree just didn't measure up.

--Check-in: The reception desk was chaotic and understaffed with no special provisions for Hilton Honors members, aside from the sign on the desk. There was just one long line. I did get a Doubletree cookie, though.

--Food and beverage: The restaurant/bar felt like a brightly lit coffee shop and was devoid of atmosphere. I don't necessarily expect that, but I do expect quality food and a pleasant, efficient wait staff. After first being brought the wrong order, I was served a barely edible hamburger that I chose from the very limited menu available at 10 p.m., not terribly late for an airport hotel. The wait staff seemed to be carrying on some longstanding argument with each other and spent most of their time insulting each other. When they chose to serve customers, there were no smiles, just frowns and grumpy monosyllables. Prices were about average for hotel bar/restaurants and the martini, while small, was well made.

--The room: As I said, the bed was great, one of the best I've slept in at a hotel. The room was large, but the bathroom area could use some renovation.This is a large hotel and it can be a long walk to your room.

--Location: Yes, it's close to the airport and has frequent shuttles, but it's surrounded by huge parking lots and is much less convenient than the nearby Hilton, which is a 15-minute walk from the terminal through the light-rail station.

--Checkout: I always use Hilton's Zipout Checkout, but at the Doubletree my bill was not placed under my door in the morning. I had to call the front desk to make sure the charges were correct and they sent a copy of the bill through email. It was a good thing I was using 3G on my iPad, so I didn't have to pay $14 for Internet access.

--The "atmosphere:" This is an intangible area but an important one. Weary travelers --especially those who stay near airports--are looking for a comfortable, welcoming refuge. This Doubletree felt like I was still in the airport: Long, brightly lit corridors; impersonal, unsmiling and probably overworked staff; indifferent (actually, pretty bad) food; surly wait staff.

Yes, this is a large hotel that serves a lot of people every day. I know it's never going to have "charm." But the Hilton up the street does a much better job of serving a similarly large number of customers with better food and a more personable, welcoming staff.

Great bed at the Doubletree, though, which is why this visit rates three stars instead of two.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower room. These are a bit shorter walk from the front desk.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for your detailed review of your past stay at our hotel. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We’re sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by interactions with our team and we’ve shared your comments so we can do a better job of predicting and exceeding guest needs in the future. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our beds and were able to have a great night’s sleep with us. The next time you travel to the area, we hope that you’ll be our guest again. Best regards, Casey Knopik
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here last week overnight on the way to the Oregon Coast. Walk-in rate of $119 for a two-Queen room with a view of the pond turned into $169 after wireless fee, parking fee, and taxes. Hairs in the bathtub, and the toilet looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a while.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. Best regards, Casey Knopik
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

And by EVERYTHING I mean parking ($31/day) and Internet ($15/24 hours), plus dirty dishes sit in the hallway for DAYS!

I checked in on a Thursday and as of this writing on Saturday night, there has been a dirty plate sitting in the hallway. Both Friday and Saturday afternoons the rooms were cleaned. I don't know if it's a competition in laziness for employees or what, but it is a bit ridiculous.

Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for your feedback about the price of parking and internet. Unfortunately parking is at a premium in the area since we are near the airport, however we do try to provide a convenient and affordable option for our guests. We charge for parking for a number of reasons, but most importantly to insure enough parking for our hotel guests. Additionally we have a staff that manages the valet and parking lot to insure that it is safe and secure. We apologize that the hallway was not cleared of room service trays as it should have been and have brought the matter to the attention of the supervisor. It is not our standard to leave room service items unattended for any period of time. Best regards, Casey Knopik
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because Doubletrees typically are nice hotels and this is by far, a nice hotel.

The hotel shuttle - When arriving at the airport and never stayed at doubletree before, be aware there is a doubletree suites and doubletree both near each other and each running it's own shuttles. This one operates 30 passenger small coach buses which is perfect for the size of the hotel. This hotel was VERY BUSY the saturday night I was there recently and I can see why. Beautiful hotel, updated, very comfortable firm beds, and clean room. A small 10-12 passenger vehicle would not do the job unless there were 2 shuttles. These shuttles ran non-stop when I arrived and I didnt even have to call for a ride, it just shows up. I took the shuttle back to SEATAC to go downtown and it just runs on demand. Very convenient. When returning from downtown, I just waited 10 minutes and then it came as it makes continuous shuttles day and night, atleast when I was there. I'm not sure calling the hotel would help seeing it makes consistent runs. On check out, it runs every 20 minutes in the morning and promptly.

Room is clean, comfortable, and BIG. 2 double bed room, felt like a suite in some other places i've been. Definitely a nice value for the price. Plus the warm cookie on check in yummy.

Restaurant, I did look at the menu but I never really eat in hotel restaurants anyway. The pricing is comparable to other hotel restaurants and all about convenience - pricewise. I recommend to eat across the street where there is a Jack in the Box, Denny's, Subway, and a couple other places. There are gas stations across the street to save a few pennies for sodas/juices.

I will definitely stay here again. Convenient, close to the airport, great for getting to/from downtown, and comfortable room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you had an excellent time and would stay here again. We’re very glad you found your room clean, comfortable and the shuttle service convenient. Hope to see you again! Best regards, Casey Knopik
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is less than a mile from the airport and is great when you have to catch an early flight. The site is easy to find from the freeway and when you want to go to the airport, you just go out the front and turn right. If you have a high room facing the airport, you can see the planes take off and arriving. However, with the door shut, we could not hear them. The restaurant is part sports bar. That doesn't detract from it and the food was good. I am not pleased with what is apparently Doubletree, if not Hilton, policy about charging guests for the privilege of parking their own cars.

Room Tip: I prefer staying higher to avoid the parking lot noise and farther from the elevator to avoid the no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for your wonderful review of you recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and found our hotel convenient, the food in SeaPorts good and the rooms quiet. Unfortunately parking is at a premium in the area since we are near the airport, however we do try to provide a convenient and affordable option for our guests. We charge for parking for a number of reasons, but most importantly to insure enough parking for our hotel guests. Additionally we have a staff that manages the valet and parking lot to insure that it is safe and secure. Best regards, Casey Knopik
mims florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are Diamond Hilton members and regularly stay at Doubletrees. So when making a stopover on our 4000 miles journey to Fairbanks at Seattle we booked the Airport Doubletree. We won't again. The Shuttle is a coach, far to big, and therefore infrequent. A fleet of smaller minivans would provide quicker and more comfortable service. We were upgraded and the room was very comfortable with a tremendous shower. But no newspaper was delivered next morning and the breakfast was a disgrace-we had to use a Starbucks Cafe to receive our complimentary breakfast-uncooked and valued at $8! We are used to a cooked breakfast on the house, and receive it at other Doubletrees. The Manager I spoke with could not care less. Fortubately there are other Hilton brands nearby so they will receive our patronage. Oh and the printing did not work either from bedroom or in Business Center, indeed the internet connectioin was slow and intermittent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DoubleTree Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Seattle. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the issues you mentioned with our Wi-Fi and the wireless printing and will keep your suggestions in mind regarding our airport shuttle and breakfast service. At our hotel we strive to provide every guest with the quality stay they deserve. Thank you for being a brand loyal guest, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport? Share your experiences!