“Above-Average Doubletree Near Seattle Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Parking & Shuttle Service
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC
“Above-Average Doubletree Near Seattle Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Over the past month I’ve stayed twice at the Doubletree Seattle Airport and was happy with both stays. The hotel seemed large for a Doubletree, but not overwhelmingly so. Staff were helpful and pleasant. It’s certainly a step above other Doubletrees I’ve stayed at recently. The rooms are sufficiently roomy and were clean and well-kept. This is the first hotel I’ve stayed at for a long while where there was actually a light over the bathtub/shower: it’s a nice touch, since so often the curtain blocks the light and makes it dark in the shower.

The convenience to the airport cannot be overstated: if the weather is nice and you’re up for it, it’s just a quick ten-minute walk from door-to-door. Of course there’s a shuttle that runs regularly but being able to walk to the airport is nice if you don’t want to walk or would like some fresh air before your flight. You can see the hotel from the tarmac and, if you get a room facing in that direction, you can see the tarmac and terminal from the hotel.

As Hilton Diamond I wasn’t upgraded either time, but, then again, I never am at any Hilton Family property.

This is a good place to stay if convenience to Sea-Tac is important to you and also if you need to be in that part of the Seattle area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
RissaWilliams, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very delighted to read your review. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the time taken to write the review.

It is an honor to know that our hotel was ranked higher than ay of the other Doubletrees that you have visited in the past and we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

On your next stay we will make sure that we will honor your Hilton Honors status at anytime with the speed check in window, free upgrade if available, free Internet for our Gold and Diamond members, free bottled water and more. I apologize if you felt that we did not meet the Hhonors standards. We will use this as a training example with our team for better guest service in the near future.

If there is anything that I can do for your on your next stay; please do not hesitate to contact me at rissa.williams@hilton.com

At your service as always and

Rissa Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel while on business. It is extremely convenient to the airport. They run continuous shuttles. The room was fine, perhaps a little dated but very clean. The beds were comfy. It is a very large hotel so be prepared to walk to your room. I ate at the bar and the restaurant. Both were good. This is a safe selection and you will not be unhappy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Doubletree Guest,

I am really happy to hear that you have had a good stay and I want to say: "thank you for choosing the Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport for your recent stay". We know that there are plenty of hotel options and we are thankful that you have chosen us!

We are delighted to announce that all of our WIngs are renovated and the Tower is under renovation as we speak. Looking forward in showing you our new rooms!

Please fell free to contact me at anytime at rissa.williams@hilton.com

globalflyereal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed at this location for two nights whilst on a business trip. Everything was wonderful! I was given a room in the "towers" on the 7th floor and faced the back which was very quiet. The bathroom amenities are upgraded and plentiful. The washrooms had two sinks one in the bathroom area and the other outside, a nice tough. The food at the hotel was also excellent! The breakfast hashbrowns were greasy and to die for! The shuttle service to the airport leaves on the hour and half hour and were kind enough to drive me to a location a few miles away for a business meeting. I would recommend this location!

Room Tip: Choose a "Tower" room location on a high floor for extra peace and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RissaWilliams, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Doubletree Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback! It is a great pleasure to read reviews such as yours and share them with the entire team.

We will be looking forward in meeting you in the near future!
Please feel free to contact me at anytime if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards as always.
Wynnewood, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I needed a place to crash for a few hours during an overnight layover and the Doubletree looked great, being so close to the airport. It is literally 5 minutes from the airport entrance, so this was great for my 5AM flight.

The rooms are decent, probably average for most Doubletree hotels nowadays. The room and bathroom were clean, which is appreciated when I just want to get into the room and get to sleep. My only complaint is the property and rooms seem a bit tired. Other than the bed and bathroom everything seemed a bit worn out. Not a real fault, because everything was still in good order.

Overall if I had to spend another night near the airport I wouldn't look anywhere else. A warm cookie, clean room and a great bed is all I could ask for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Mark H,

Warm Greetings from Seattle!

We would like to sincerely thank you staying with us. We were delighted to have you as our valued guests and we are happy to read that the accommodations and services were to your liking. Our aim is to optimize your experience through the luxury and elegant comforts of our hotel. We are happy to announce to you that the Hotel is undergoing renovations and we are happy to show you the improvements on your next stay.

Should you return to Seattle in the near future, we would be very pleased to welcome you back as guests of the Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport.
Please feel free to contact me at rissa.williams@hilton.com

Sincerely yours,

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Large comfortable bed with excellent bedding. Great staff. Only downfall was that a $19 Saturday breakfast was priced out of my range.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Doubletree Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. Our aim is to optimize your experience through the luxury and elegant comforts of our hotel.

Our Breakfast prices are as such because of the high quality, organic and locally produced breakfast items that we offer at our restaurant. We try to keep the prices compatible with our direct competitors.

I hope to meet you in the near future; if you have any questions or concerns please email me at rissa.williams@hilton.com

Irvine, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We flew into Seattle and arrived after midnight. After driving up and down International Bl. one time we decided on checking in at the Doubletree. All the other lodging options seemed to have dimly lit parking lots next to seedy businesses or something. It's an ok hotel by any other standards but nice compared to what's close by.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Doubletree by Hilton Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate that you have had a good stay and enjoyed the accomodations.
Our Doubletree promise is to assure that every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you soon and if there are any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime at rissa.williams@hilton.com

Best regards as always.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I arrived late at night and was flustered by the confusing and poorly lit parking options. I was staying at the hotel for under 8 hours and yet the clerk who checked me in was still encouraging me to pay for the valet parking. At my prompting he suggested the self-park behind the hotel but it was almost as expensive as the valet!

The hotel room was fine, but I am not sure that this was worth it. I am a loyal Hilton customer and am glad to get the points but this hotel seems better-suited to guests staying for several days, not for someone who just wants a place to crash before an early flight.

Room Tip: My room on the 8th floor was nondescript.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
RissaWilliams, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Doubletree Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are commited to a superior service and to accomodations that will make every guest, regardless of the length of stay to feel comforatble and care free.

Our parking is gated and has Security 24hours a day. We want to assure that our guests have a parking spot since the demand for airport parking is high.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you back to our property and I will be more than happy to accomodate you.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime at rissa.williams@hilton.com