“parking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19333 International Boulevard (Old Pacific Hwy S), SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 34 hotels in SeaTac
Seattle, Washington, USA
“parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

it's an ok place for one night to get two weeks parking. the shuttle runs at 0ne-half hour intervals 24/7. did not have breakfast as we left to early. hotel is far enough away from the airport it self that there price is lower than most with park-fly offers.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
kennewick, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Got the Comfort Inn via Priceline. It's less than a mile south of the airport and shuttle service was a bit slow. I was an early checkin but they found me a clean room with little problem. The room was neat, clean and nicely appointed except for the decades old television set. It only received 4 or 5 channels so I called the front desk and they sent maintenance to program it to receive half a dozen more. Since I was spending the afternoon and evening in the room TV was kind of important. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

There was a great breakfast in the morning, very complete and tasty. All in all good value for the money..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stay near the airport often. This was a miserable hotel, with slow, unfriendly desk staff. The walk to my room involved 2 elevators and an epic hike. Sadly I spent 2 nights there - one on either end of my trip. There are plenty of better places, and I'll be avoiding this one from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at least once a fair number of years ago, no problems
This time had meeting in Seattle but very early departure flight next morning so elected to stay here, a bit more than a mile from the airport. Usually choose Choice Hotels, most of the time good value. This one was cheap, room fair, buffet breakfast fair to good on the one morning I was here for it
But, major problems with their airport shuttle. Arrived 8:30PM, called for a ride, told I had to call again when I reached level 4 of parking garage. ( "we want you to wait, not us")called again, shuttle arrived half an hour later, another 15 mins to hotel. Elapsed time from arrival at gate to motel 90 mins
Today, took Light Rail from Seattle to airport, called for shuttle, none arrived in 25 mins, called again, they claimed he had been there ( false) but they would send another. Waited another 15 mins, decided to walk, took the wrong route and arrived at the hotel 45 mins later
They made clear they couldn't have cared less

Secondly, as noted by others, Internet so slow as to be worthless in the room ( OK in the lobby) and the lobby computers ditto

Sadly, this hotel should be avoided in my opinion

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband & I stayed here with a group both one day before & one day after a cruise. The best thing is the free shuttle to & from the airport. The free breakfast was good and had several things to select from, although the seating is limited. Our room was quite. We can live with outdated furnishings but not the dirty. The sheets and pillowcases were worse than threadbare (see photo) and had stains on them. There is no air conditioning in the hallways & elevator. And there does not appear to be any in the breakfast area or lobby. No wonder some reviews say the employees are grumpy. There were not many places to eat, but we did get a 50% off coupon at the front desk to eat at the casino just steps away across the street. The food was good & cheap. Be aware to get the discount they have to sign you up for a gambling card using your drivers license. We paid with cash so the casino wouldn't have all our info. There is also a 7-11 about a block down the street that has a small prepared cold food section/fruit and you could get sodas/water to carry on your cruise. It seemed pretty obvious this hotel is just for one nighters, targeting the cruise guests that probably won't be back this way again anyway. Would we stay here again? If we couldn't find a better deal for a cruise, but I wouldn't pick this hotel on purpose.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nanaimo BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Needed a hotel close to Seatac for Park n Fly. So many to choose from and the Comfort Inn was the best deal.....PLUS we love this chain of hotels and usually stay when we can.
Based on other Comfort Inns, this one is well located, close to Seatac but as other reviews stated, it is definately looking tired.
Upon check in, Valerie at front desk was most helpful with restaurant recommendations and the process went smoothly. Asked for a quiet room in building closest to office and as we were late arrivals were delighted to an upgrade to a suite! Wow!
Suite 327 was clean and spacious. Again, old style and tired. Example missing tiles, leaking shower fixture and oldish carpet. But hey....gotta love the King bed and huge jaccuzi tub and shower. Small living area with second TV. Had good WIFI access and small frudge and microwave.
Breakfast started at 0600 whch enabled us to still get food and catch the complimentary shuttle (every 30 mins) for an early flight. Hot eggs and sausage, juices, cereal, muffins etc. Had fresh fruit but no yogurt.
All in all, with parking it was cheaper than doing hotel plus long term parking lots. Had nice room, breakfast and shuttle so obviously a more practical solution.
My rating of 4 only reflects the aging decor and my previoys Comfort Inn comparisons.
Not for elderly and disabled: altho suite was accessible, the fancy bath tub and shower had a 2 foot step over.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Since I was only trying to reach the 100,000 miles needed to maintain my elite status on American Airlines, I returned to Seattle just for one night, taking advantage of a fare sale.

After my bad experience of last weekend at the Motel 6 in the middle of nowhere, I reserved this COMFORT INN & SUITES which is on International Boulevard, where the action is. Unfortunately, just as the week before, it was raining continuously!

For the first time in many years, I took a prepaid night at $49 with 30% discount, which is something that I never do because I have a long experience of cancelled flights since my first flight back in 1947. With a prepaid reservation, there are NO changes. But I took a chance in order to save 30% and because I would only stay there for a few hours.

Fortunately, both of my flights arrived as planned and, ten minutes after I had gone downstairs and called this Quality from the airport hotels phone board outside, the shuttle was there to pick me up under a heavy rain; but this is Seattle!

Although I had reserved a basic King room, I was upgraded to a KING SUITE, number 553 with sofa, frig and microwave.

I already explained in a couple of reviews that, what many hotels call a "suite", whether in the US, in Europe or in South America, is NOT a real suite, but simply a big room with a club chair or a sofa and only one window.

A real suite is the one I had at the penthouse of the now decaying Hotel Continental in Montevideo during twenty years, from 1991 to 2011, with two rooms separated by a bathroom, each with its own window. Or suite 901, where I now stay at the Sheraton Four Points, also in Montevideo, which costs more than the same thing in Los Angeles, but which remains the best value for money if you want a real suite in that charming “South Cone” capital. You may want to read my extensive review about the latter, published in T.A. in May 2012, if you are planning to go to Montevideo, Uruguay.

At this Comfort SeaTac, the King "suite" 553 that I had on Saturday, September 28, 2013, is not bigger than the room I had at the Quality Kent (near Seattle) a couple of years ago, which disappeared from Choice Hotels listings before giving me a chance to publish a review that I wrote for nothing, with pictures and all details.

There is only one window in this big room with a partial division. However, there is a king bed, a sofa and a comfortable club chair, a small desk with a padded chair, two phones and two big night tables, plus a big furniture with three drawers, an old TV, a small MICROWAVE and an EMPTY FRIG underneath with plenty of space; not like all European "mini bars" which are in fact money making machines for the hotel, full of expensive bottles with no space left for you to put a glass of water to cool! In here, you can fill it up with your own stuff!

There is a padded bench which could sit extra persons, or double as a luggage rack. And, as usual in Choice Hotels, there is an iron and an ironing board in a closed closet.

WiFi is free in your room but I didn’t try it because the signal was too weak. But there are TWO computers behind the reception with a printer that you may use for free.

As it is often the case in good US hotels, there is a LAUNDRY in premises, which is something that I have never, ever, seen in any hotel in Europe or in South America (not even in European Choice or Best Western hotels, nor at the Sheraton Four Points in Montevideo), in more than fifty years of travels!

The PROBLEM is that this place is NOISY, just like the Best Western SFO, for which I already posted a review in Trip Advisor. Like the BW Grosvenor in South San Francisco, it is NOISY OUTSIDE AND NOISY INSIDE.

What a difference with the cheap Ibis London Heathrow, where I didn't hear planes landing only one block from my window! In here, not only I heard planes landing or taking off, but I also heard the traffic from the outside, as well as people talking in the hall from the inside.

Since I was flying the next day back to Miami via Los Angeles, I had to leave at 5 am like the previous week. Therefore, I can't say anything about their breakfast, which is included in the price, unlike my Motel 6 of the previous weekend, where you only get coffee and nothing else. However, I suppose that it must be the usual buffet breakfast, as in all other CHOICE HOTELS where I have been in the US.

You will find several reviews that I published in TRIP ADVISOR about this excellent chain of hotels, mainly in Florida but also in France, London and Frankfurt, by following this link: www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/efrin_knight. The first line will open the hotel, but if you click on the last line (second or third), it will open my review directly, with other reviews classed by chronological order, before or after mine.

TO CONCLUDE, I will say that, in spite of the noise, this place offers an EXCELLENTVALUE FOR MONEY, given the quality of the “suite” and its equipment at the prepaid rate of $49 plus tax, and also at the senior rate of $63, with an honest cancellation policy of 4 pm the day of arrival.

This is not the case of the Clarion, Rodeway Inn or Quality SeaTac, which request a 24 hour notice before arrival or you lose your money! This is the only reason why I didn’t go to the first two hotels, which are right across from the airport, just a few minutes walk from the airlines check in counters. They also have a free shuttle that you don’t need if you fly with just a wheel carry on, as I do 99% of the times. The reason is that, unlike MIA, JFK or CDG, SeaTac is one of the few airports I know where you can walk in from the street, just as Chavez airport in Lima, Peru. But if you stay at this COMFORT SEATAC, you won’t be able to walk to the airport with your luggage and you will have to take their FREE SHUTTLE, which operates 24 hours a day every half hour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!