“Try the Lamb” 5 of 5 stars

360-378-5757
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McMillan's Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roche Harbor Road
Transit: No public transit in San Juan County
Mill Creek, Washington
“Try the Lamb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

New menu this summer with smaller plates. I liked it but it can get pricey. Try to get a reservation at Colors and enjoy the view.

Visited July 2013

Vancouver, Washington
“New menu in restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Did not like the new tasting menu. The food that I had was very good, but the portions were very small. The idea was to order multiples of each course and share - a bit difficult with only one person dining.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Ruined a good Restuarant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate at our favorite dining spot McMillans at Roche. We love to have dinner there because the food is excellent. The food didn't disappoint however the new portion sizing left a sour taste in our mouths. I can see the concept for salads and appetizers or even a smaller portion dinner but I think the 3 oz dinner portion is ridiculous. Along with 3 asparagus spears and a tablespoon of mashed potatoes. My husband ordered 2 entrees and received 2 plates. There should be an option to at least get a larger portion plate. Not double the price. I asked about the lamb chops and was told I get one chop for $19.00 if I wanted 2 chops it would be double. $ 38.00 for 2 chops??
I think they need to tweak this concept or just throw it out the window. Would go back this year again if they change the concept otherwise Friday Harbor as many other choices.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle
“Trying Too Hard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We dine at this restaurant several times each summer and have already done so twice this year. Sadly, recent menu changes have made it an unappealing choice. Always known for good cuisine, the new menu has cut portions to tapas style dining. This is not what their diners want as evidenced by our inviting several of our boating friends to join us, only to have them all decline due to their bad experiences at the restaurant this summer. I suppose management pushed the talented chef to maximize profits, but instead I suspect that they are rapidly killing their repeat business. Sad. We will try again next year to see if things improve, but for now, no thanks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kirkland, Washington
“Overpriced, under serviced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Roche Harbor for a romantic weekend. I was very excited for a special dinner at McMillin's Dining Room. I was sadly disappointed. The table we were seated at was cramped. There was a very loud party with several children at the next table. The waitress we had couldn't remember the specials, and mumbled her way through them. She told us that they'd recently redone the menu to be smaller portion sizes (as people weren't finishing what was on the plate - her words!), but kept the same prices. My salad was about 1/2 cup of bitter white lettuce stems and one chunk of blue cheese for $9! Terrible. Our prime rib (we both got) was BLAND! I'm not one to season food at a restaurant, and I put salt on mine 3 times. It took waitress 25 minutes to ask about dessert after table being cleared as she was paying attention to her "regular customers". Never again!

• Visited June 2013