“Great staff, would stay here again.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Richland
Florence, OR
“Great staff, would stay here again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Traveling across country and needed a place for the night. Found on Expedia but didn't book it, front desk quoted me a different price when I got there but when I mentioned Expedia she price matched it. Informed them I had service animal and they upgraded me to a bigger room on the first floor. Awesome! Room was huge and very very clean. Pool was closed for he season but also looked very clean and nice. We did not use the hot tub but it looked good too. Beds were comfy and shower had good water pressure. It is a little dated but I could care less about that as long as its clean. They have a good hot breakfast with eggs, ham, biscuits, and muffins. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Location is really good too.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel has a great location but it is desperate need of an overhaul.the beds need replaced as does the decor it is very outdated and falling apart in many places.

The staff though is fantastic. !!

Room Tip: They have rooms with great river views. If you want to avoid noise get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I got a good price at hotels.com for a last-minute stay, so the price was ok, but, wow, does this place need some help! The location on the river is awesome, but that's as far as it goes. The outside of the building is dated and has been neglected. The lobby is very nice, the pool area is clean, a free hot breakfast is included, but the good news stops there.
I usually gauge a place with the question, "Would I bring my wife here?" and the answer is a resounding "NO"!! The TV is the smallest and oldest I have ever seen in a hotel/motel, and the quality of the picture was amazingly bad. The room was very small and dated (but clean). The walls are thin; no sense of real privacy.
I was going to stay at Motel 6 or Super 8, but decided to spend more money for what I thought would be a nicer place, but I didn't make a good choice. I don't understand why Shilo Inns would allow their name to be put on this place.
I'm usually not critical about a place, but my recommendation to my fellow travelers is to stay somewhere else at one of the many newer chain hotels. I won't be back, no matter the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have view of the river and next to the walking path.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Corvallis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was clean, quiet (end room near the river), food was warm and tasty, staff was friendly and helpful. This is a motor inn so there are no elevators but multiple ramps for the main floor. Parking lot lighting is bright.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here because it was the host hotel for a marathon. Shilo Inns were very swank in the 90s--and you can tell. There hasn't been a single update since that time. Everything in the whole place is dated and beat up. I mean REALLY beat up. The room had stained comforters and really cheap, bad pillows. The carpet was stained and worn. The pool area -- BAD. The indoor hottub -- WORSE. The bar, restaurant, fitness room - all really dumpy looking. On the upside, the staff was TERRIFIC. Loved the bartender and the front desk staff. But really, until they put some money into this thing, it's not worth the $90 a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Everett, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This stay was just for one night, a place to sleep and shower before a conference and a return to the road. The Shilo Inn Richland accommodated that.

First, before I say any more, I have to complement the staff. Everyone we met was warm, friendly, competent, and pleasant. We were greeted properly at check-in, provided extra towels with no complaint, and generally treated well. We went into the lounge late at night for a snack and the manager there, who did most of the serving, was great, as was the food.

Also, the breakfast was very good. We did not visit the included buffet, which looked about average, but instead applied the vouchers at the on-site restaurant. I really like that they had this option rather than the take-it-or-leave-it buffet that several hotels offer. The restaurant menu offered good choices, and both my wife and I enjoyed our food with no complaints.

In the room, the bed was comfortable and clean. However, the room smelled deeply of smoke. We were told there would be a heavy charge to smoke in the room and wondered if the previous guests smoked in there. We do not smoke, so we ensured the front desk added a comment in our reservation that we did not smoke in the room. If the previous guests, or someone recent, had indeed smoked in there against the rules, and the smell remained, did the staff not deep-clean the room?

The walls are very thin. My wife woke up to a neighbor's vibrating cell phone, and she is not exactly a light sleeper. Also, another neighbor had a dog with him in the room, and when left alone, the dog whimpered for some time, and we heard the whole thing.

The shower had great water pressure and held its temperature -- two things I want in a hotel shower. However, I don't know why in our room (174) that those corner thingys in the shower that prevent the water from escaping were removed. It allowed water from the shower to flow out and pool behind the toilette. We don't exactly shower with reckless abandon, but it was disappointing. The marks where the devises were removed still showed and were not scrubbed off. Also, there was apparently a leak at one time on the ceiling above the shower head that had been patched, but mold had developed. Also, a soap wrapper was left on the shelf in the shower. It's not a big thing, but since I'm noting the shower, I thought I would mention it. It made us wonder the cleanliness of the shower overall.

But, the hotel is old. It's a large property, so either the staffing level is not sufficient to keep it up to date, or there is a lack of funds or will to do so.

While it was clean enough and nothing stood out, aside from the room odor mentioned above, it did show that it is in need of a good, deep cleaning. The carpets really need attention throughout the property. The chairs in the lounge need a scrubbing. Outside walkways could do with a pressure washing. Even little things like numbers missing from room signs, a broken computer in the business center, and a spill left for two days near outside stairs just made me wonder where the priorities lie for this property.

We do head to the Tri-Cities a couple times a year, and I would not necessarily avoid this hotel outright. However, since it is a large western chain, I certainly hope someone takes a closer look and tries to improve on the "Affordable Excellence" it prides itself on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Spokane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

If you need to save money, then stay at Shiloh. Room was ok, but in need of major renovation. Bring and use ear plugs (walls are "permeable" to even the slightest sounds, including flatulent neighbors), and be prepared to be cramped. Microwave was a nano- size, fridge was noisy. Free breakfast was ok. Would I do it again? Only if I were broke and needed a shower.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland? Share your experiences!