“My Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Richland
Cheney
“My Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

For the last 2-1/2 years, I have been working on a very large construction project at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation near Richland, WA. Over this period, I have been staying at the Shilo Inn in Richland on an average of 3 nights a week. My work on this job will most likely continue until sometime close to 2019 and I have every intention of returning to the Shilo Inn until project completion. It is indeed my home away from home.

The thing that truly stands out at this hotel is the staff. As a group, the hotel manager, front desk staff, housekeeping staff and even the maintenance personnel are the most helpful and professional group I have ever found. These people are truly dedicated to making your stay an enjoyable experience. Each Monday when I check in, the greetings I receive really makes me believe that they are happy to see that I am back. On Thursdays when I check out, my paperwork is already completed and waiting for me. I sign my invoice, confirm my reservation for the next week (which the desk clerk has already entered into the computer), and am immediately on my way. Who could ask for more?

The rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable. On a couple of occassions, after reporting problems with a coffee maker or the television, it is fixed or replaced right away. My room has a great view of the river that runs directly behind the hotel and there is a nice path to the rivers edge and river-front walk.

The hotel has a restaurant named O'Callahans that has a great reputation in the area. For a real treat, visit over a holiday and check out the restaurant's holiday specials. You will be amazed.

If you are visiting Richland or the Tri-Cities area in Washington, stay at the Shilo Inn. You won't be dissapointed.

• Liked — The hotel staff is outstanding...the finest group I have met in my travels.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

I stay at Shilo Inns whenever possible. All provide great accommodations, and excellent service.

The property in Richland goes well above what is expected in all respects. The staff is competent and personable. They do their best to make a person feel at home.

The complimentary breakfast is unbeatable.

The restaurant offers a wide variety of Northwest specialities, and the lounge offers a killer happy hour special on apetizers. Be sure to say hello to Chris, the primary bartender, who is always good for a laugh and a smile.

Stayed February 2008
oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

arrived at property 1130 pm and clerk was in another area in the lobby (not the office area) watching tv. check in was normal but the clerk did not know if the pool was open or closed for the season. also did not know what the breakfast times were.

because of thanksgivings i was told that he was not sure but he just found this note that said there will be no maid service on thursday. i did not mind this and i understand why they did this but just find it odd.

Stayed November 2007
Seattle, Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

We spent 2 weekends in a row for soccer. The rooms were clean, the suites were large. The outdoor pool area was quiet & clean with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrella tables.

The staff was very accomodating and their response time to our requests (extra towels, etc) was very quick.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wa State Resident
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

This hotel stay was one of my worst. The room was very small, and over priced for what we got. The setup of the hotel reminded me more of a cheap motel. The fridge was set so cold that anything placed in it froze in less than 6 hours. The door on the bathroom wouldn't shut completely, and if it was forced to close, you had to punch the top of the door to get it to open up again. Also the toilet didn't always flush completely. The tv was displaying HD channels, but the tv itself wasn't designed for HD, so everything was fuzzy. Also the selection of televison channels left something to be desired, it was only movie channels or sports. Also the wireless internet was operating at dial-up speed. So I would not recommend this hotel for people on a working vacation. The walls were quite thin, so anything happening next door was quite audible.

The only plus for the room was that the bed was firm but comfortable.

• Liked — The firm bed.
  • Disliked — The internet access was really really slow.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
warrenton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

We stayed last week at the Richland Shilo Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the hot breakfast on a cold morning. It was beautiful waking up and looking at the beautiful River view. Michael, the night auditor was very friendly and helpful to weary travelers coming in late.

• Liked — Great room
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redmond, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed with our 13 year old and his All Star Little league team. The hotel was perfect for our group. The pool was a great place for all of us to get together and cool down. We had a blast at the hotels lounge and thanks to Chris our wait person. She was outstanding.
The Redmond West Little league All Stars had a wonderful time!

• Liked — The Pool
  • Disliked — Having the pool close so early
  • Tips/Secrets — none that I can think of
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Shilo Inn Richland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shilo Inn Richland

Address: 50 Comstock Street, Richland, WA 99352-4499
Location: United States > Washington > Tri-Cities > Richland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Richland
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Shilo Inn Richland 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Shilo Inn Richland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shilo Inn Richland Hotel Richland
Richland Shilo Inn

If you own or manage Shilo Inn Richland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.