“Friendlist Staff, clean rooms and Grreat place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Richland
Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania
“Friendlist Staff, clean rooms and Grreat place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this location for 13 weeks and I must say that it was a WONDERFUL one! Great job Brian with picking your staff well. Ko and Kyle were very accomadating housemen and the front desk employees were great. I like a place where I can wear white socks and they stay white. (mine still look new after 3 months) This hotel may need a few minor upgrades as some have commented but........... the staff well makes up for it. Thank you, thank you thank you for making our long stay away from home soo comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Weibles,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our affordable excellence and our signature Shilo service. We enjoyed hosting your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Brian Kreitzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Crystal River, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I travel to Richland WA for business every month and do not usually stay at the Shilo Inn. However, in the summertime, the city is booked solid and you end up at places other than your "regular" hotel. Such was the case as to how I ended up at Shilo Inn.

The facility's website calls the property "Shilo Inn Suites Hotel" ... it was neither. It is an old, not well kept, two story motel, with filthy exterior corridors and stairwells. Due to flight delays, I arrived on the property after midnight for a three week business stay. My room was on the second floor and there's no elevator.

I arrived up to my room and was flummoxed by the number of bugs covering the white metal door. I inserted my metal room key (yes, I said metal ... no card keys here) into the doorknob lock, turned the handle to open the door, then proceeded to pull the key out ... the entire lockset came out withthe key, stuck on the key like a lollipop. It took some doing to get a replacement room from the front desk attendant who claimed I could "just use the deadbolt --- it'll be fine."

The room was extremely small and cramped with a very old queen bed, draped in very worn linens, and a small round table and two chairs placed right next to the bed. Peeling wallpaper and a suspiciously worn dark carpet complete the ambiance. There's a very small mini-fridge which was not plugged in, and an almost Lilliputian microwave with a door opening that was only about 5 inches high. There is a one-cup-at-a-time coffee maker with cups that only hold 4 ounces.

There were two phones in the room, but neither of them had dialtone. Internet access never worked. Of the four lamps in the room, only two of them worked and even they had incredibly dim bulbs. There is a television in the room but it's a small tube TV which wobbled every time you walked across the room, creating a squeaking sound. Dresser space is very tiny ... two surprisingly small, narrow drawers that reminded me of end tables.

The bathroom sink is actually in the bedroom area, with a door closing off a separate space which housed the toilet and shower/tub. The hairdryer that was bolted to the wall on the right side of the sink did not work. There's no closet, but rather an 18" rod to the left of the bathroom sink on which to hang your clothes.

Adjacent to that 18" clothes hanging rod is a Murphy bed-like ironing board that comes down out of the wall (I thought it was an ill-placed medicine cabinet at first). Unfortunately, my ironing board would not extend all the way down so I had to iron my clothes at a 45% slant. The tight quarters mean you cannot leave the bathroom sink area if that ironing board is in the down position.

My first purchase was a can of bug spray to keep the incredible amount of creepy-crawlies at bay. I stayed in that room for 6 days and then was fortunate enough to find other accommodations. In those 6 days, housekeeping came to my room only ONCE.

A truly dreadful stay. I would highly recommend moving next door to the Hampton Inn which is what I eventually was able to do ... night and day difference.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Shoreline, Washington, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The room was fair, clean. (Typical hotel room) It was in a great location right on the Columbia River. Beautiful track to walk, or bike ride is located right outside the parking lot. A Starbucks right down the street too. The only problem we had was that the pool opens late 9:00, and the pool service people were not done preparing the pool until 9:38. People were waiting at the gate to get in. Other then that it was a great place to stay unless you plan on just staying in the room the whole time! Prices were good for the area. The little restaurant was wonderful with outdoor seating, and the bartender was sweet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
richlandmanager, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you had an enjoyable visit. I enjoyed the pictures you posted of the sights from the Hotel and River Walk. This area really does have some beautiful sights.
Brian, Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011 via mobile

I always stay at Chilo Inns in Idaho and Oregon because of price, location and cleanest. This Shilo Inn somewhat disappointed me. We had our sheets changed as I found an unknown stain. The hotel needs major updates and more attention to details.

This Shilo Inn is clearly not at the same level of Shilo Inns like the one I stayed in Bend Or.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Tri-Cities. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. I can assure you that all rooms we will be inspected daily to insure they are of the highest level of cleanliness.

Brian, Manager
Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The breakfast was bad- I am not picky, but the food that should have been hot was really cold and they didn't offer any healthy options. They were very short staffed in the kitchen and there were not even bowls available. I asked for a bowl and was told they were looking for some... what kind of hotel doesn't have enough bowls for guests?

The rooms were okay- the shower was a mild trickle at best and they ran out of towles, so we had to use hand towles to dry off with.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

First room I was given, was far in the back corner in poorly lighted exterior room, and the door jam was literally black with bugs, I went the the front desk and requested a different room and they tried to give me bug spray. I finally convinced them I was not going to stay in that room, and got another room. No bugs on the door, but fair number inside. The hotel is very very dated, and not clean. I went to go make coffee and the coffee maker had dead bugs and dirt in it, I told this to the front desk when I check out and they said "oh we are on a river, and when it warms up we just can't keep up with the bugs" So bottom line don't stay here. Oh and the breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Room was expensive $110 and tiny and filthy. The mattress sloped toward the center. The blanket had holes. The sheet was stained. There was a nasty red stain on the bathroom door. The tub grout was filthy and disgusting (yellow/brown). I would think they would be ashamed to let a room like that. Doesn't the manager ever inspect the rooms? We have traveled widely including third world countries and we dont demand much - just a quiet safe clean place to sleep. Apparently that is too much to ask of the Shilo Inn in Richland, Washington.

Room Tip: go somewhere else