“Good food on a nice day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Renton, Washington
“Good food on a nice day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Ate with a relative at a table outside the restaurant. We had their lunch special, and it tasted very good. Friendly, multilingual staff and a good buy.

• Visited May 2014

Renton, Washington, United States
“Great Food Friendly People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a small place that looks like a fast food joint, but do not be deceived!
The food is great and the people there are very friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Finally, great Mexican food in Washington state!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We're longtime diners at La Hacienda, and last night deviated from routine to try out the relatively new Santa Fe Mexican Grill in Renton Highlands. Actually, my boyfriend was somewhat leery about it, since he's frequented La Hacienda for over 20 years. He was delighted to see a familiar face at Santa Fe, though. The owner turned out to be one of the waiters he'd known at La Hacienda. We'll still dine at La Hacienda, but plan on returning the Santa Fe too. Frankly, we liked the food better there.

It was a Friday night and the place was hopping. The owner recognized my boyfriend and greeted us warmly, making suggestions for drinks and appetizer. My margarita was potent and fresh tasting and the "Mexican guacamole" was fantastic. Spicy and very fresh. The chips were warm and thin. Lately I've been disappointed in chips at Mexican restaurants. These were great.

I learned to love Mexican food while living in Phoenix 30+ years ago, and prefer that flavor profile compared to the northern California or Texas varieties, so this place with this Guadalajara-style menu really hit home with me. I had the Hector's special which featured New York steak and a chicken enchilada (my choice). The steak was cooked perfectly to order and was juicy and tasty. The chicken in the enchilada was plentiful and cooked just right, tasted fresh and not like it had been cooked days ago. Beans were creamy and flavorful, and they know how to use cilantro correctly here. My boyfriends entree of carne asada and shrimp and mushrooms sauteed in butter and garlic was a big hit with him, too. I tasted the shrimp and it was wonderful. I'm ordering something with shrimp next time, and I'm not a big seafood fan.

Seating is comfortable, the atmosphere feels right without being over-the-top Mexican decor. The staff, though extremely busy, were all friendly. We'll go again soon, but maybe on a weeknight when it's not quite so busy. So happy to have found a Mexican restaurant here that his my five star mark!

• Visited October 2013
Kent, Washington, United States
“Best Mexican in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had heard about this restaurant from friends and decided to check it out. Really surprised at how good this was. Husband and I did lunch. We have noticed that as the economy goes down, so does the quality of Mexican food in restaurants. This was excellent, service fast and friendly. Had enchilada, chili relleno, and chimichanga. Rice and beans. Guacamole was excellent and salsa hot! Try this convenient restaurant close to 405!

• Visited October 2013