“My Dog loves the beef ribs” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Renton
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Cedar River Smokehouse is located in the heart of downtown Renton. Since the opening of our restaurant in 2000, we have gained considerable notoriety as a terrific lunch & dinner spot for individuals working in Renton and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on providing traditional as well as non-traditional Texas Style Barbecue. We offer a warm and friendly atmosphere to our number one concern... our customers!
Issaquah WA
“My Dog loves the beef ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

But not as much as I do, I have not found any other BBQ place in Seattle that does beef ribs this well. The meat falls away from the bone. It's smoked just right. Sauces are fine.. There are many side dishes. I recommend the beans or chill. Staffers are pleasant even during rush hours.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great BBQ Place. Friendly Staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is close to our house so I stop alot. The food is awsome, BBQ beans are the best. I get the Medium Hot sause and it's the Best! This might not be everybody's favorite, but it's our's. The people who work there are all great and very friendly. i've never been Dissapointed here.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Ok BBQ, not Texas BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Food was average. No smoke flavor at all in the ribs, brisket, sausage, or pulled pork. Meat was all tender, but it could have been cooked in a crockpot. No smoke flavor at all.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
dean s, Owner at Cedar River Smoke House Barbecue, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for visiting Cedar River Smokehouse. We use Hickory and Mesquite wood to smoke our meats. If you eat in the restaurant you may not smell the smoke in the meats because the smoke smell is in the air. We have many customer from Texas come in and told us we are as good as places in Texas. Hope you give us another try. Thanks Dean S
Black Diamond, Washington
“We love the BBQ here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Whenever we go to downtown Renton we stop for BBQ Pork sandwiches at Cedar River, YUM. When you walk in the smell is of smokey bbq. We usually go for lunch. I have not tried a sandwich I haven't liked. You have a choice of bbq sauces, I get mild, my husband likes the medium. You can't go wrong here if your looking for good bbq!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dean s, Owner at Cedar River Smoke House Barbecue, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for take time to say positive things about Cedar River Smokehouse.
Seattle, Washington
“Don't go out of your way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The folks at Cedar River Smoke House are really nice, so I'd like to write a good review, but the BBQ is so-so and the sides are pretty scant. Cool decor though, with die cast car models lining the walls.

Visited March 2014