“We love the BBQ here” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 256 Restaurants in Renton
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Cedar River Smokehouse is located in the heart of downtown Renton. Since the opening of our restaurant in 2000, we have gained considerable notoriety as a terrific lunch & dinner spot for individuals working in Renton and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on providing traditional as well as non-traditional Texas Style Barbecue. We offer a warm and friendly atmosphere to our number one concern... our customers!
Black Diamond, Washington
“We love the BBQ here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Whenever we go to downtown Renton we stop for BBQ Pork sandwiches at Cedar River, YUM. When you walk in the smell is of smokey bbq. We usually go for lunch. I have not tried a sandwich I haven't liked. You have a choice of bbq sauces, I get mild, my husband likes the medium. You can't go wrong here if your looking for good bbq!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dean s, Owner at Cedar River Smoke House Barbecue, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for take time to say positive things about Cedar River Smokehouse.

Seattle, Washington
“Don't go out of your way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The folks at Cedar River Smoke House are really nice, so I'd like to write a good review, but the BBQ is so-so and the sides are pretty scant. Cool decor though, with die cast car models lining the walls.

Visited March 2014
Bellevue, Washington
“barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

There are a few barbecue restaurants in the area but, i always have to stop here at cedar river. It can be a little pricey but barbecue normally is. The food is great and the service is good. I normally order the mixed plate, its a sample of everything. Chicken,brisket,pull pork and ribs and i get two sides with that i believe as well. barbecue baked beans and potatoe salad.That is an all day meal.. Parking can be trickey if you do not know the area.

Visited February 2014
pacific northwest
“Best BBQ and great catering as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been going to Cedar River Smoke House for years. The food is so excellent that we also had them cater our wedding reception in June, 2012 at the Renton Senior Center. We could not have been more pleased. They are so efficient and the food is so delicious. I am most fond of the chicken but I know a lot of people who swear by their brisket. My latest obsession is with their mashed potatoes and gravy! Everything is good and all of the people who work there are wonderful. Renton is so lucky to have Cedar River Smoke House!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, WA
“Average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

For Washington State, the BBQ is pretty good, but for anyone who has traveled (Texas, Kansas City, Memphis, North Carolina) to BBQ hot spots and considers themselves BBQ connoisseurs, this place may disappoint.

As others have said, the sauce (you are offered either mild, medium or hot) is pretty good. We sampled both the mild and medium which does have a little kick to it. Between my wife and myself, we sampled the chicken, ribs, brisket and turkey. We found the meat to be overcooked and dry with the exception of the turkey which proved to be the best.

The service is self serve but a waitress will take care of your drinks and the girl serving us was quite pleasant. The portion sizes are generous and we each had plenty to take home. I found the leftovers (which I soaked in the sauce) were better than the first time around. I might return to sample the pulled pork someday.

• Visited February 2014