“Bad hotel but managers have a smile on their face” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Renton
“Bad hotel but managers have a smile on their face”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Booked through Priceline and when I asked for a king or a double queen, manager Jessica wanted an extra $20 per day. I'm so glad I didn't agree to it, because this place is terrible!

I think they are only in business because of Hotwire and Priceline, otherwise no one would stay there intentionally knowing what a poorly run hotel it is. They didn't put two towels in the room, they had no extra pillows, the lights didn't work, and the manager really didn't seem to care about any if these problems, except to shrug their shoulders and say they can't help these issues.

The only positive side is the managers always have a cheery attitude regardless of what they are saying, which is impressive and can only lead one to believe that they have serious delusions about the state of their operation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I jumped on this hotel because of the value so close to downtown Seattle. It turns out to be too good to be true. Here are my thoughts::

Pros: location; clean; dog friendly

Cons: you need geo-caching experience to find the entrance; the sheets were not only scratchy by also popped off the mattress during the night; no decaf coffee; no microwave or coffee makers in the room; ice maker was out of ice; the A/C only works if you are in the room; therefore, when returning to the room, plan on a half hour for room to cool down (not much of a problem most of the year); the requested extra pillow arrived at midnight; an ice chest works better than the in-room fridge; wi-fi was spotty.

Room Tip: Around pool to avoid crime.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First off, I booked this hotel because it advertised itself as "near Bellevue Square". Granted near is a relative term but when I see the word near I think of walking distance. Well, if I had walked from the Econo Lodge to Bellevue Square it would have taken about 4 hours. I did speak to the Manager regarding my disappointment that if I had had the correct information I would have rented a car. He was not apologetic in the least and was in fact argumentative. Not a great approach to Customer Sevice.

Secondly, and most importantly, my passport wallet was left with the Front Desk Attendant to be put into the Safe for safekeeping. I returned several hours later to find that the $1150 cash that was in my wallet was gone. I asked the Manager how could my cash be missing from the safe? It turns out that my wallet was not put in the safe. Instead it was put on a shelf behind the front desk in an area that was open to all employees. I was stunned! I asked why it wasn't put in the safe and was told it didn't fit. Well in fact it did fit as I had them show me how it didn't fit. Low and behold it did fit just fine. The Manager was uncooperative even with this issue of theft in his hotel. I had to call the police to file a report. As the report states a " Second Degree Theft" occurred while the Manager was present. Todate I have been unable to get information from him regarding his insurance coverage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Rooms were tiny and like ovens - air con was like a plane taking off.

Cable TV didn't work and wi-fi worked when it wanted too.

Must have been to reception 10 times to get key cards redone as they failed every day - this was of course when the youth had finished with his iPhone so was in slow time.

Worst feature was the beds - the single most uncomfortable thing it has ever been my displeasure to sleep on - painfully bad back in the morning.

I really advise you to look elsewhere - awful.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We reserved two rooms and they were both well worth the money. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The rooms had small refrigerators which is a nice addition. The shower head was one of the best I've had in a hotel. It is in a quiet location, close to the beautiful Lake Washington. It took about 15 minutes to get to downtown Seattle. I would stay here again when visiting the area. Great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was a little disappointed that the description on hotels.com indicated that the hotel would provide airport transportation for a fee. This was not the case. The hotel will not pick up guests from the airport. The hotel was located was quiet and hidden from the road. The night auditor was extremely helpful. I didn't feel secure with the lock on my door and she personally came to my room to make certain that the lock on my door was functionable. Room was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The good: Woman at front desk was quite nice and accomodating when I asked to change rooms...

The bad: I changed rooms because I felt very allergic in first room and it smelled I am only allergic to cats

When the room was changed I was moved to a room where a jackhammer was so loud in the adjacent parking lot it was ridiculous.

When I came back from dinner I had the pleasure of listening to the couple in the room adjacent to mine screaming at each other for an hour

It is now 1:20am and there is partying going on outside of my room and the couple is going at it again next door This has been an experience I surely regret. I guess you get what you pay for .

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Renton? Share your experiences!