“Nice place, inconsistent care and sometimes inept service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton

You added Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Seattle-Renton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Port Townsend, Washington
“Nice place, inconsistent care and sometimes inept service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although this is one of the nicer Extended Stays that I've stayed in, it really needs help. And I don't think the sort of help it needs will come via its current practice of placing placards in the room giving instructions and asking that everyone give them 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor.

The rooms are quite spacious and modern with added amenities like full kitchens, large flat screen TVs and DVD players. But they are not maintained with any consistency. They also offer a shuttle service to the airport (on time and friendly), to the light rail and other places nearby. I stayed here two different times in one week, with very different experiences. Inconsistencies were things like:
No mattress pad on the bed, where I could feel the mattress labels right through the sheets.
No dishrag in one kitchen, no drinking glasses in another, no kitchen clock in one.
One room had a nice quiet heater away from the bed, another had a loud broken one right next to the bed.
One room had a continually leaking/dripping faucet, another had a shower curtain that you actually stood on in the tub because it had been positioned so low.
In both rooms I had the unpleasant experience of the alarm clocks suddenly going off. I don't think its too difficult to train housekeepers to check that these are turned off when cleaning.
There were burned out light bulbs as well, which I went to the front desk to exchange.

The front desk help while friendly, displayed a surprising lack of follow through. There were two phones in my room, neither of which worked. I had to make a rather long trek to the front desk in order to report it, and they told me that they had made some changes. I was told to go back to my room and they would check with me (by phone) to see whether it it was working in two minutes, and if not they would send someone to my room to repair it. The phone never worked, of course I received no phone call and there was absolutely no follow through, so I just gave up on it.

So if you like taking chances and can deal with disappointment, this is a great place to stay. You just might luck out.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room, check another, it will likely be different - for better or worse.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Seattle - Renton. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
McMinnville, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here one night in January, 2013.

Like the last Extended Stay America I stayed in a few months ago, the bedding needs an upgrade. You could feel and hear the springs in the mattress, and the pillows were far too hard.

Also, the tub wouldn't drain properly (clogged up), and the outlet where the hairdryer is plugged into in the bathroom does not work. But I was able to get a spare hairdryer from the front desk (the one in the bathroom is mounted to the wall) and plug it in elsewhere to use it.

There was also an opened bag of Doritos and jar of opened peanut butter waiting for us in one of the cabinets. It's not cleaning the cabinets if you don't check them ALL! The hotel also has the same insulting internet connection offer to pay more to have them stop throttling back your internet connection that the other ESA hotels seem to have now.

There were also cleanliness issues just about everywhere, but the thing that pissed me off the most was a card on the desk that asked you to come to TripAdvisor and give the hotel a 5 star rating! Attention to anybody who reads this review who runs a hotel:

BEGGING A CUSTOMER FOR A PERFECT RATING ON A RATINGS WEBSITE IS INSULTING AND BORDERLINE UNETHICAL!

It cost this hotel a full star in my rating for the insinuation that I'm going to do their bidding.

I will give the hotel a few plusses where they are due. I like having the stove, microwave, and refrigerator in the room and they seemed to be clean. I also appreciated the bag-and-go breakfast and the water filter on the sink.

But the insulting card asking for a perfect review, the cleanliness issues, and ESA policy of throttling your internet connection speed means I have to rate it as poor.

I used Extended Stay America for years but my last two visits to ESA have shown me how far their standards have fallen, so this is likely my last ESA stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

Americus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Spent two nights there. Rooms are large and clean. Nice place to stay especially if you are staying for multiple nights. The shuttle service provided by the hotel is great! It dropped us off at the mall and picked us up and took us back to the hotel. Good location. Staff is friendly, breakfast is free, "grab & go".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The rooms are comfy and you have your own kitchen & bath. The staff are very accomadating and they have a shuttle to take you to the stores or drug store, etc. Plus the continental breakfast is great!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Seattle - Renton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Many thanks for your service, concern when I lost my bracelette, and the sheer comodity of you instalation. It has been a pleasure to stay over there for almost a month, with easy access to freeway, shopping areas and the wonderful parking and room charges. Very pleased.

Room Tip: I also stayed at the same company in Kansas City, and now I am in Northern Virginia. Seems great jus...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!
Bradford, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The pictures and descriptions of this hotel make it seem less than desirable; however, the rooms are large, the price is great, the staff very accommodating, and the location great. By taking their shuttle you're so close to the light rail for transport to downtown Seattle. You can also get transportation to stores, restaurants, etc. The place was great

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Seattle - Renton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Chehalis, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was able to land this hotel for one night on Priceline for only $45. It was an average hotel stay. The room was clean and the TV remote worked. All is good. Make sure you bring some shampoo. Only bar soap was available in the room. Also, there was a hole in the bedspread. The parking lot was ample size and well lit.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with the window open get a room on the back side of the hotel (east or north).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Seattle - Renton. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with great value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Renton
4.0 of 5 stars 193 reviews
SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton? Share your experiences!