“Nice, clean, pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Renton
San Carlos, CA
“Nice, clean, pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were to board an Alaskan cruise the following morning of our stay. We booked this room at the last minute (one day prior). We are Hilton Honors members and were given one bottle of chilled water per person upon check-in.

They also offered the most delicious "health" bars at the front desk! This was instead of those predictable chocolate chip cookies.

The room was very clean and the staff was pleasant. This is what I would expect from a Hilton property. If we had the occasion to be in the area again, we would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

On a recent stay at the Renton HGI I inadvertantly left a jacket in the room. Upon calling back to report it I was assured it would be returned to me. Today I received it in the mail. I cannot say enough about the sensitivity of the staff to return my favorite jacket to me!

Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is close to the airport. It has all the amenities for business or a family vacation. The front desk personnel was friendly and the restaurant had very reasonably priced meals. My favorite was the breakfast buffet. You could get cold or hot buffet and the cold buffet included waffels! I plan on going back to Seattle and this will be my hotel of choice. Also the tour bus came to our hotel and picked us up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I have made a trip to the Renton Hilton for the last four (4) years because of the location and the Snooze and Cruise package. We drive from Calgary, Alberta to Renton and have gone to Alaska for the last 4 years inclusively. The Hilton Garden Inn provides a convenient limo service at extra cost from the hotel to pier 91 and pickup when we return a week later. The rooms in the hotel are spacious and include a mini fridge and a/c if you are so inclined. We opt for the king size bed. The staff are friendly and helpful, recommending tourist sites and local points of interest. The meals in the dinning room are varied and quite good. Breakfast is filling as it is a smorg version but you can also order your omelet from the cook directly behind the smorg display. The free hotel shuttle bus service to the Sound Transit - Light Rail Transit (LRT) system is quite convenient and about a 10 minute ride to the Tukwila Station. Overall, a convenient and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the #405 freeway nearby are a good choice. Ensure you request it when booking in adv...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is old and is in need of a remodel. Be advised that even if you're not handicapped they may put you in one designed for people in wheelchairs. Also the rooms on the ground floor offer no soundproofing as you will hear people walking/running up and down the halls all night. The shuttle service is nice. The breakfast food in the dining hall is okay.

Burlington, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I spent 3 nights here, so I really got to test the hotel out. Overall, the stay was mostly pleasant and almost all of my issues were addressed immediately.

The bed was great, nice and comfortable. Wifi was free, which is always nice, but I did have some challenges connecting to it on a regular basis - it would kick me off quickly. I was always able to get it right back, but it was annoying that it kept doing it.

When I first saw the air conditioning unit and the thermostat, I was disappointed - it was an old-fashioned slider model, not a digital thermostat. However, as soon as I turned it on I was no longer disappointed! That thing kicked out really cold air. It was a beautiful thing.

I ran into some challenges in the business center, for some reason it didn't want to print and the computers kept dying on me. When I spoke to the front desk, they immediately checked the machines and then offered to print my boarding pass for me on one of their computers. Problem solved!

The only "problem" that didn't get solved during my stay was the smell of the room - I wasn't a big fan of the smell, it kind of reminded me of the smell of old trumpet valve oil. Not the most appealing. It seemed to center around the refrigerator/microwave area, so perhaps it was one of the appliances. Normally I love the clean, fresh smell of a Hilton room, but this one was a little disappointing.

The room was very clean, I enjoyed the use of the fitness center, the TV was great, and I loved the shower - nice and hot with a lot of water pressure, even for the fourth floor. Great staff, they were helpful with any of my issues or questions and did all they could to make me happy.

I would definitely stay here again and hope to get the opportunity to do so in the future!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I was driving and we booked a room at this Hilton garden inn I was told there were two queen size beds and complimentary breakfast which I expected for the high price and since the hotel wasn't right in Seattle it was quite pricey . We got there and their were only doubles and we paid quite a bit for the breakfast I asked the front desk and she was very rude and arguing with me saying I don't know who would have told you that but no and had an attitude so I left it at that .. I was sick the next morning and woke up to fire alarm testing for an hour while trying to rest and maintenance banging on the door to come in and listen . When I went to the washroom I could hear guys talking like the walls were paper thin . As I tried to get back to bed the banging started on the walls I went outside to look and they were gutting the room next door .. Not pleasant
On the plus side the room was clean updated and the expensive breakfast was awesome one of the best breakfasts I have had at a hotel .

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton? Share your experiences!