“Get a taxi to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Get a taxi to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hotel was good as was breakfast...desk staff super helpful. However, shuttle to airport was a joke!
Driver dumped us ( and I mean dumped) at arrival level not departures. When we questioned him, he said this is it...I don't go to departures. Further , he advised we haul our luggage across the street, over to an elevator up to sky bridge and across to terminal. He dropped us at skybridge 6, our airline was down to bridge 2 ...not a short walk! At the very least he could have taken us down to bridge 2, he knew our airline. So...take a taxi, worth every penny!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Caleb S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I wanted to write to you in apology for your experience at our hotel. It is not our policy to make someone feel "dumped" off at the airport. Our complimentary shuttle service is meant to be a convenience and I hope you accept my apology as well as my explanation as to why you were taken to the arrivals. Regardless, I think that my shuttle driver did not communicate effectively enough to explain the situation.

Unfortunately for the travelers who take courtesy vehicles for any hotel in Seattle, the Port of Seattle requires that all ground transportation and courtesy vehicles pick up and drop off all guests at the courtesy vehicle islands 1, 2 or 3 which is at the same level as the arrivals. This would be why you unfortunately had to cross the street, take the escalators up a floor and cross the sky-bridge before arriving at your airline carrier. The Port of Seattle levies pretty heavy fines on all courtesy vehicles that do not comply by these regulations. This should have been communicated to you much more directly than it was and for that shortfall I apologize sincerely.

I will ensure that all of the drivers of our complimentary shuttle are aware of the Port of Seattle regulations and how to effectively communicate this to our guests. I hope that should you ever return to our property in the future ,that you give us another opportunity to change your perspective on the efficiency and courtesy of our complimentary shuttle. If you have any further comments or inquiries please feel fee to contact me directly at the property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Close to interstate and to very busy intersection, but area around hotel is office buildings, so it was very quiet. Walk to Applebees, Walmart, Safeway, etc., through car dealers and across busy intersection. Comfy studio, large fridge, microwave. Very good wifi. Excellent breakfast with waffles, whipped cream, good eggs, croissants, even nutella. Some distance from Seattle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel was just the ticket for a one night stay plus 10 day parking which we got for $109 through the Marriott website. It was a small reception area and the hotel is definitely no frills (eg. no bar/lounge to relax in) but staff is friendly and were very helpful to us, the rooms were a decent size and were very clean. It was close to the airport and we booked the free shuttle the night before and had no problems. On our return, the shuttle driver picked us up in good time and as you can park the car where you like, we had peace of mind knowing it was close to the hotel entrance and in a safe area. I'm surprised at the more negative reviews!

• Stayed May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very comfortable beds, the rooms were clean and spacious. Large variety for breakfast, including many hot options. Right on I 405, quick drive to downtown Seattle. I also had a room on points with a credit card on file. The card is used as a deposit for incidentals, and the pending charges were gone within 48 hours, nothing was ever charged to the card. Quiet, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here 4/19 and flew out the next morning. Nice, clean hotel.
Continental breakfast was more than juice and cereal. They offered
waffles, eggs and sausage. Great park and fly. Better than the cheaper
hotels closer to Sea-tac.
Clean and spacious rooms. Nice indoor pool and fitness room.
Great for families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Dropped my truck off, hotel paid for my taxi to SeaTac airport and left for a week on vacation. Came back, was picked up at the airport in the shuttle and brought back to to the hotel where we stayed the night. Very handy service if you are travelling and not from the seattle area.

Breakfast buffet was amazing. Lots of options and very tasty.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pitts, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We used a credit card to check in as requested. We paid in cash when we checked out. The card was charged and the charge remained on it for more than a week. No one at the desk was the least bit interested in helping correct this and we were told three times when we called that there was NO MANAGER. Disgusting service and we complained to Marriott. They wrote an apology. Never heard a word from this hotel. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Caleb S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Good morning!

I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of my hotel for the inconvenience of the bank hold and for failing to meet your expectations. Unfortunately, the hotel was undergoing a mangement change at that time and I have recently assumed responsibility of the operation of this property since your stay.

With your input combined with recent surveys, I have been able to identify opportunities for improvement and I truly believe that we are making great strides to reconcile some of the service failures that you experienced. I would love to discuss this with you in further detail if you feel inclined to contact me directly at the hotel.

At the very least I would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations should you ever make it back to the Seattle area.

Best regards,

Caleb

Been to SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton? Share your experiences!