“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center

You added Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One South Grady Way, Renton, WA 98055 (Formerly Rainier Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Spokane, Washington
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had to travel to Renton on business and was told my employer would book my room at the hotel they primarily used for business. I usually book my rooms at a Hampton Inn or one of the Marriott Hotels. However, I was pleased when I found out I would be staying here. I had previously booked this hotel for a youth sports club. They enjoyed their stay and had no complaints with service, quality, or food, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to check it out for myself.

I used the hotel's shuttle van a few times during my stay. The driver was courteous & prompt.

Upon check in, there was a slight mix up on who would be paying for the room. Once I explained that my employer booked the room and that they regularly booked rooms there, using their account, the problem was solved. I was able to meet with the sales director, Andrew, who gave me free breakfast vouchers. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to enjoy that added amenity.

The hotel was full that weekend, due to a convention and beauty pageant in town. The lobby was decorated nicely and looked like it had recently been updated. The elevators worked fine & the hallways were clean. I didn't go into the Yankee Grill Restaurant, which is connected to the hotel. So I can't advise on its appearance.

My room was nice & big. I had a king room with a comfortable bed. I loved the many pillows they provided. I had no problem using the internet during my stay. The television was the older box style, which served its purpose just as a flat screen tv would. The bathroom was nice & the counter top was big enough for 1-2 people, but would be cramped if having to share with a 3rd or 4th person.

After a long day of meetings, I decided to go back to my room and check out the room service menu. After looking over the menu and thinking to myself, that I could have stopped & picked up something for a lot cheaper than what I was going to order off of the Yankee Grill menu. I ended up ordering the ribeye, with garlic mashed potatoes & vegetables. The waitress was a little late delivering my order. However, she totally made up for it with her great customer service skills. She was very friendly & courteous. And let me tell you...that was one of the best meals I had had in a very long time. Everything was hot, cooked to perfection and worth every penny!

I had no problem falling asleep. You would have never known the hotel was full of people. It seemed so quiet, I think I only heard one door shut the entire time I was there. I was on the 3rd floor, right above the entrance carport area of the hotel. So I was surprised I hadn't heard people coming & going.

Check out was quick & easy. I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are appreciative of your kind comments and thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. Its clear that you were able to experience our hotel on many levels and happy you enjoy the varied services and ammenities that we offer. For the record, the Prime Rib that we serve is some of the best anywhere. We are in the process of updating all of our TVs and HD programming and look forward to your return trip.

Brad Knutson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

As a current priority club gold member, other priority club members will know how many nights at Holiday Inn this represents. Of all the Holiday Inn's I have stayed, the Holiday Inn located in Renton Washington in my opinion is a poor value. My room (353) had curtains missing off the window and no refrigerator, microwave or alarm clock. Even the bathroom shampoo was different from other Holiday Inn's appearing smaller in size and a less expensive quality! Stepping off the 3rd floor elevator, cob webs were seen hanging from the ceiling over the door to room 348!

I moved to the Holiday Inn located in Lynnwood Washington and for less money per night received a beautiful room with refrigerator, microwave, alarm clock and upscale shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash and bath gel. Is Renton really such a desired location that this hotel can seemingly over charge it's guests and feel good the guests will actually come back?

I also personally like being recognized as a priority club member at check-in and offered/shown some appreciation for my choosing Holiday Inn. Not here!

Room Tip: If offered room 353, run!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Clearly we failed to offer the experience that you deserve, especially as a Priority Club member. You mention a few concerns that are entirely within our scope to impact. I can't imagine why there was no alarm clock or curtains present and makes me wonder if the room was suppose to be off market. We may not be the newest, but we get consistent high praise for cleanliness and other aspects of our hotel. I apologize for not making a better impression. Thank you again for letting us know.

Brad Knutson
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on a few occasions over the years. It is very close to South Center Mall, the airport, and not too far of a drive to Seattle or Bellevue.

The lobby is open, recently updated and has a welcoming vibe. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool (which rarely gets used due to rain and cold weather), a fitness area and has a restaurant on premise.

Upon entering our room, I felt the rooms were still very outdated. Yet, they were clean and had a clean smell. The showers/baths have all been remodeled to stand in showers made with a travertine looking tile. They were about the only 3 star room amenity in my opinion. The wallpaper in the room was peeling in multiple places and it's obvious their maintenance person tried to cut and paste other pieces of wallpaper on due to it's hodge-podged look.

Besides the fitness room, outdoor pool and onsite restaurant I have a hard time understanding why this hotel is ranked a 3 star. Most 3 star hotels now have flat screen tvs, upgraded linens and their toiletry items aren't low quality. Like I said this place is great for the location and price but has a lot of work in the guestrooms to catch up to a 3 star hotel.

The staff there was amazing and very friendly... and has always been very helpful!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I booked this room, and then looked at the Yelp reviews; and to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect... a few people liked it, but most people did not. Hmm. Well, it was too late to cancel, so here we are, staying in room 342.

Honestly, I am pretty happy with it. The staff is great, the room is clean, and the beds are comfortable. The hallways are in good shape, and the parking is free! They must have just done some work, because the place is in good condition.

Be skeptical of the reviews for Holiday Inn Renton, I don't think they reflect this hotel now- after potentially some renovation? Give it a shot.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3 story tower section.. and the hot tub was nice!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving and found it more than met our expectations. It was clean and comfortable, and the staff were very helpful. The bathroom was quite small, and there was alot of door slamming in the hall, but other than that it was a really good experience for the money we paid. Conveniently located 1 block from Walmart and within 5 minutes of Target and Fred Meyer - a great spot for Black Friday shopping!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for your review! Our location is definately one of our strong points. In addition to the stores you mentioned, Southcenter Mall is nearby and there are some great places in downtown Renton. Thanks again for your review.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is a great place for business travelers, nearly and convenient form SEA, they have a shuttle that will take you back and forward to the airport and rooms are really nice, I've been staying during 16 days at different hotels for business reasons and this one was a great hotel, I am so glad I choose this hotel to stay. Good people, good room, great attitude, they really know what it takes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the review and the kind comments about our staff. We have some great people and receiving recognition from an experienced traveler keeps us motivated and moving in the right direction. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review. It means a lot to us.
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Great location and service when I am in the area... This is my choice for the Renton WA area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for making us your choice when in the area and the review. We appreciate it a great deal.

Been to Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!