“Clean Excellent Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One South Grady Way, Renton, WA 98055 (Formerly Rainier Hotel and Conference Center)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Madison, Wisconsin
“Clean Excellent Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a few days on business. It was great, very clean. Everything in the room worked. Most of the staff was friendly and knowledgable. Had a pool and a hot tub along w a restaurant attached to the hotel. Not that close to downtown Seattle but it had many stores for everyday needs w/i walking distance. Very good and realiable wifi. Shuttle to and from airport. It didnt include breakfast but there were plenty of inexpensive option w/i walking distance. Shuttle also takes you to local places. Lots of big groups of tourist staying in the hotel. They did an excellent job at keeping the hotel pretty clean. It is right by the highway exit so if you have a car you cant get pretty much anywhere in Seattle. You can also rent a fridge and microwave for a very reasonable rate. Would def recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for the review. It appears you had a nice trip and we are appreciative of your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit and feel free to call me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Anthem, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Got the $75 weekend visa card rebate. What a deal. The room ended up being only $47 night. Staff was great. Swimming pool was warm and hot tub was good. The room was fine for the money. Spent the savings on dinners. Fast elevators.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of one of our specials. From time to time, we will offer fantastic deals. Keep checking back and I hope there is an opportunity for you to return!
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Wireless internet down upon arrival. Front desk advised me to try hard-wired DSL modem. In response to my complaint that it did not power up, front desk incompetently and patronizingly advised me that I had to reboot my laptop in order for the DSL modem to power up. (I tried this; it did not work. But then, there was no reason why it should have.) Room lock only works if the key card is moved out at a certain speed (not too fast; not too slow). Property is in a marginal location (see previous reviews regarding stolen cars and other crime). I checked out after the first night, and will not, under any circumstances, return to this location.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. We typically get great reponses about our wireless internet, we attempt to do some basic troubleshooting and I apologize if that came across as patronizing.

In regards to location, living and working in this South Seattle area for many years that we have many advantages being in a large metro area and that comes with the disadvantages of having to deal with crime. I assure you that crime does not go away (or decrease) if you move two blocks away or 2 miles away. We take security and the safety of our guests very seriously.

If we can be of service to you in the future, please call me directly.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The common areas and pool are very nice, but our room and everything in it was very old. The locks on the doors seemed very insecure. Our room was a non-smoking room but reaked of cigerettes. We spent one night there and could not sleep because of the smell and just decided to stay out our friend's house insead. When we drove back 3 days later to pick up a few things we left in the room, it had not even been touched. Housekeeping never even bothered to clean the room. I would never stay at this place again even for the cheap price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are 100% non-smoking and it appears that someone had ignored the policy. We have a procedure in place when smoking occurs, but clearly we were not as thorough as we needed to be. I apologize.

As with all people who reviews us, I would love the opportunity to learn more. There are so many avenues to correct these concerns if given the opportunity. I do not know the circumstances in your case, but we may have been airing out the room. Typically, when guests depart early we will check out the room. Given the condition, we likely needed to place it out of order until we could deep clean.

Again, please accept my apologies for not providing you with the accomodations that you expected. I appreciate you kind words regarding the renovated public space, we expect to continue the renovation into the guest rooms in the near future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

i had a great stay tell the last day...... i had gotton really sick from mcdonalds and had to poop .....i went to there very nice bathroom and did the job. after the job was over i look for the toilet paper -looking and looking then relized there was none. D:
i didnt know what to do....... i thought about using the towel but gross! i saw there was some free soap with a wraper over it. i didnt want to but i had no choice ..... i had to use the free soap wrappr to wipe my butt.
TO be honest that was not fun - so it was a ok stay but the no toliet paper COME ON!
i ask that the manager to put a fresh roll in the room before people use your rooms

thank you . -.-

Room Tip: dont go to the mcdonalds near there. :o
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your trip to McDonalds. Perhaps an alternative such as our restaurant, The Yankee Grill, would have set much better!

Thank you for the time to write a review. We are so sorry about the oversight of not having a roll of toilet paper. We preach about always having an extra roll in the bathroom. I am uncertain how we could have missed that important ammenity, but I assure you we will use your review as a teaching moment.
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

The neighborhood is not great. Our car was stolen from the parking lot and the hotel front desk person lacked any sympathy. Others were helpful but I was not impressed by the customer service. It seemed like people weren't suprised about car theft in that area. Rooms lacked sound proofing and complimentary beverages in the lobby were never replenished. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for your review. You bring up a frustration that every hotel in this area has to deal with. Crime in a major metropolitan area, such as this, touches all of us at one point or another. Sometimes it is directly, as you experienced, and sometimes indirectly. Ultimately, please forgive the lack of empathy that our desk agent demonstrated, that was not our intention.

This is not a regular occurence by any stretch for us, however, many hotel operators around the Seatac, Tukwila & Renton area will tell you the same the same thing as we do. We have have taken practive steps such increased parking lot presence, building better relationships with local law enforcement and more awareness by travelers are the best way to combat. Thank you again for your review and we apologize for the poor impression that the region had left on your visit.

Sincerely, Brad Knutson
Klamath Falls, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am upset. The room I stayed in wasn't completely cleaned. I couldn't use the shower because the bathroom smelled bad when I arrived. I sensed that it wasn't completely cleaned. I couldn't sleep well because the people upstairs were running around until 4:00am or so. I could hear them chasing each other all night. The overly priced food in the lobby restaurant made me sick. I threw up and had diarrhea. And, to top it off, I left my suitcase opened (dumb) and I came home with cockroaches !!! Good grief!

Room Tip: I have no idea.Keep suitcase closed.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for your review. You obviously had a very poor experience. I attempted to look up your reservation from March and could not find it, perhaps the room was under a different name. I would love the opportunity to discuss further as I am new to the property as of May.

I spoke with our Chief Engineer and housekeeping staff and apologize if the room was not cleaned. We have a very good crew and I am surprised to hear your story. Orkin is on site every week and we have never had a complaint, report or incident with a cockroach. Highly unusual.

I also discussed your comments regarding our restaurant with the Chef. Our restaurant is not in the lobby and has its own entrance. The Yankee Grill is very popular with the locals that love our homestyle menu. Your experience of food poisoning and diareaha is also highly unusual, which is also why we would have been eager to speak to you when you were in last March.

I appreciate your feedback. We are concerned and a little confused by your descriptions, Please contact me directly if at all possible.

Regards,

Brad Knutson, General Manager

Been to Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!