“Excellent Property, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 East Valley Road, Renton, WA 98055   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Property, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at this property recently during a trip to the Renton area. We were pleasantly surprised as to the nice touches provided for free.

They had warm, fresh-baked cookies out every night to welcome you. Plus, they had complimentary food and drinks on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. They also stocked our room with coffee, chocolates, granola bars and trail mix as well as popcorn offered to us at the front desk.

The staff was excellent, especially the cheery ladies at the front desk. Breakfast was included. It served your average continental foods (instant oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, assorted pastries, string cheese, coffee, hard boiled eggs and yogurt).

The room looked newly remodeled and was very spacious. The bathroom wasn't quite as fresh looking since they left the original wallpaper and the tub was badly chipped. We overlooked these things since our overall experience was so pleasant.

The property is about 10 minutes from SEA-TAC airport. The hotel provides a shuttle, if needed. Request a room on the back-side of the property, away from the busy street.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here multiple times over the years. Our recent stay this past weekend reconfirmed this as one of our favorites when staying near Southcenter Mall/Seatac area just south of Seattle. It is a little off the beaten path, near IKEA and very quiet. Our room was a queen bed with kitchen unit. The refrigerator, microwave always nice in storing dinner leftovers for the next day. A nice little breakfast area, nothing fancy, but good variety. The decor is nice, warm and friendly, makes me feel like at home and less like a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My family and about 14 others were here to celebrate a 40th Birthday. We found the rooms, staff, breakfast great. No issues.

My family slept well and didn't find any major noise concerns worth mentioning. Busy hotel with many people coming and going but once you were above the main floor it was quiet.

Really enjoyed the exercise room, computer area and loved the breakfast.

Would stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Phenomenal service, superb friendly staff. After a 6 week stay I must say it's been by far one of the most enjoyable I've experienced. The suites, shuttle, laundry room, etc., all contributed to the comforts of a home away from home. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Vernal, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here on our family vacation in Seattle, it wasn't too far from Seattle and it is slightly secluded which makes it feel a little nicer. It is a really nice hotel, great breakfast, great staff, super helpful and friendly. The shuttle was a really good convenience, because we DID NOT like driving our vehicle in Seattle, so we changed our plans and went to public transportation for the trip! The rooms are nice and roomy. Just overall GREAT!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Top notch hotel, very clean - quiet.

I've stayed at one other Larkspur - Campbell, California - and found this to be the same high quality.

A bit of a drive if you are going to be spending most of your time in Seattle.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Good: service was outstanding; they are very proud of their TripAdvisor rating and want to keep it. I was upgraded to a larger suite, which was very spacious, and it was nice to have a granola bar and popcorn furnished along with the coffee in my room. Toiletries are of a good quality, there is plenty of water pressure in the shower, and everything was clean, if dated. The next morning, check-out was a breeze, and they happily took the time to help me figure out where I was going for my meeting.

Not-so-good: This is NOT a quiet hotel. I could hear the plumbing when other guests flushed or showered. I could hear the folks above me walking. The traffic noise was bad - and I'm not a light sleeper. Traffic rarely bothers me, but the beds aren't great and between the bed and the traffic, I didn't sleep well at all.

I'd like to recommend it, but I just can't. If you can't sleep, even the best service in the world doesn't make up for that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
llrenton, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Renton, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments in regards to our overall service. I also appreciate your honest comments in regards to the overall noise and bed quality of the hotel. We apologize for the uncomfortable stay you experienced. We are committed to offering every guest with expectations that are better than expected. Although the hotel faces the highway, we do offer rooms on the backside of the hotel, which are quieter and may be more comfortable. Again, we truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

I do hope that if your travel brings you back to the Seattle area, you would consider giving Larkspur Landing another chance.

Warm Regards,

Jamie Randall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Renton
4.0 of 5 stars 193 reviews
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Larkspur Landing Renton? Share your experiences!