“Lots of hype but not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red House Beer & Wine Shoppe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 262 restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th St. South
Description: We at The Red House are anxious to share with you our special experience!Whether you"ve come to dine, shop, share a drink, relax, party, learn, or explore, it is our pleasure to serve you and have you as our guest.Ensuring quality and value in all our products and services is the mission of The Red House. We offer over 700 different labels of wine from around the world, as well as over 500 labels of beer. We offer 20 outstanding wines by the glass, and seven fine beers on tap.The Red House is the only place in town serving a tapas-style menu, as well as a full and wonderfully varied entrée menu. All our recipes are our own, and we cook everything from scratch as your palate deserves nothing less.Please feel free to browse our shelves while your meal is being prepared, and don't forget to take a bottle or two home!Experience The Red House and all we have to offer!– Gene & Huong Sens and Staff
Seattle, Washington
“Lots of hype but not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

the food was ok, but overpriced. the service wasnt too good and i didnt care for the choppy rooms where they seat people. i have heard good things about this place and perhaps i had too high of expectations. nice wine shoppe

Visited December 2011

90% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Great on a beautiful summer evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

It can be hard to find a good spot for wine and dinner with outdoor seating in Renton - there are some good restaurants now in Renton, but the scenery may not be conducive to outdoor viewing.... However, Red House does this pretty well. A nice deck, twinkly lights, nice backgraound music, some very good wait staff (wish I could remember our waiter's name - he gets a 5!)....and all in old downtown Renton, one a nice little street with some charming older houses...
Great selection of wines and some good microbrews....plus the best steak I've had in a long time (a filet wrapped in bacon - !) Very good choice for a beautiful summer evening in Renton!
BTW, on winter evenings, the rooms inside can get VERY noisy - beware! Much prefer this restaurant in the summer)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Puget Sound
“I will be back! This is a great find.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We celebrated Christmas with our daughter and son-in-law (in August). We sat outside and had a conversation about what was growing on the arbor all around us. It looked like grapes but I “think” we decided it was hops. Whatever it is a very pleasant setting. We shared the goat cheese and the crab cake tapas. I had the Portuguese Seafood Stew. The tapas were very good but the seafood stew was divine! By the end of the meal my stomach was full but my mouth craved more. I will definitely be going back for more. The red house wine blend is very nice. They also have a very extensive selection of wine and beer.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
49th State
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I dined solo and had the choice of eating outside or inside. Their courtyard is gorgeous & surrounded by 10' high hollyhocks in full bloom. I ordered the Pacific NW salmon with veggies. I also ordered the roasted beets with gorgonzola cheese, which I have had previously. The server was great and recommended a nice wine for me, which he then corked so I could take to the hotel. Dinner was delightful. The salmon was cooked perfect as were the veggies & beets. I love the consistency when eating out and this restaurant and their help delivery.

Visited July 2012
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I always take visitors here and they always rave about the food, wine or beer. It's fun, a little funky, great menu, decent service, and a great wine and beer selection. It's my favorite place in the area to go to.

• Visited November 2011