“Good Hotel Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 E Valley Road, Renton, WA 98055 (Formerly Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
“Good Hotel Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed one night because we were going to a wedding. The room was clean. Loved the cookies and coffee bar right down the hall. The staff were friendly with the exception of one lady who was working at night. The breakfast was good. The location was easy to find. The bathrooms were nothing special. Good for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Diamond Bar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I usually stay at a hotel just down the street from the Clarion but it was unavailable. The Clarion was $10 less a night but the room was half the size. Barely enough room to walk around the king bed. The bathroom was equally tight with sink vanity out side the bathroom. The light switches for the bathroom were on the outside wall so if someone got up in the middle of the night and turned on the bathroom light it lights up the whole room until the door is closed. The hallways and stairs in the hotel smelled musty and damp. The refridgerator didn't work when we arrived hotel staff said it was on a timer. Had to argue with them finally got someone to come up found out it was not plugged in. First day of our stay we went out and when we came back 8hrs later the room had not been cleaned. Tried to use the computers to print my boarding passes and found out the printer was not working and they were aware of it but didn't post a note had to stand in line at airport for boarding passes. Room key quit working at 8am on check out day. The only bright spot was the fresh baked cookies.

Room Tip: Stay down the street at the Larkspur
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New Castle, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Renton Clarion.The staff was great in helping us find transportation to the Pier on two different days. The shuttle service was very helpful in getting our family group of 12 to the LiteRail for fun in Seattle. Breakfast was a great time for our family, with a lot to choose from.
If you are staying at a hotel just to watch TV, the picture is a little snowy, but if watch TV is what you want to do, just stay home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Easy check-in, breakfast and Internet included. Rooms were clean, very well organized, and large. Nothing was missing, including all cleaning products. Staffs were great and hotel is very close from Seattle airport and downtown. I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are staying her five nights. We've waited an hour for a shuttle. Breakfast ends at 9 so if your vacationing, you better get up at 7 if you want the breakfast. I arrived at 845 and the breakfast bar was empty. That was after a cold shower because the knob broke in my hand. There were also black curly hairs in the tub that I noticed as I drew a bath for my daughter. They advertise as 2* stars but they are no different that most one stars we've stayed in. They asked me when I checked in if I booked online and who with. I think that determines the quality of your room. Im still waiting on a shuttle and now we are goin on 2 hours. I was told the airport riders have the priority. Dont plan on anything quick. Also. We booked 2 rms for a total of 8 days. My folks arrived a day early an they didnt match the same rate were are paying. They told me one price on the phone and charged them $150 when they checked in. Stay somewhere else and save your vacation.

• Stayed July 2012
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was in this hotel a year ago and I am booking it again. The hotel is clean, there is a shuttle and free breakfast. The shuttle and breakfast is a deal breaker for me. Also, it is a big plus that we could get a ride to one more place which is very great help for us. I can book other hotels for less price but the things that I described make a difference for me. Also, I really like it when a manager reviews and replieds to the reviews from Trip Advisor. This means that the management cares and this is something that other hotels can not compete. I will be seeing you in August. We will be staying from Aug. 8 to August 10 coming back from Spain. Thank you staff and the management. Vicky from Canada.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
clarionrentongm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Vicky,
Thank you so much for your positive reviews and your kind words on our staff and myself.
I know this was an additional effort on your part to spend few minutes on writing this review, however this means great deal for our staff here at the Clarion.
Guest like yourself are the reason why we are in this industry trying to put a smile on everybody who comes through our lobby. Thank you again and we will look forward to having you back in Aug.!!

Andy Cho
South Whitley, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great place to stay while visiting Seattle. CLose to airport and a quick drive to downtown Seattle. Also enjoyed the IKEA just down the road and a quick drive to a nearby mall! Breakfast was very good and so were the cookies when available. They disappear quickly! Rooms are clean and well cared for.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. As you mention the cookies are a great hit at our hotel and we currently bake fresh new cookies 4 - 5 times day to make sure everybody gets a chance to try one. Please feel free to ask for them when you come back and we happen to run out.
And yes, IKEA and Westfield Shopping center (the biggest mall in Washington) is a great attraction for our guest here at the Clarion.
We always welcome you back with freshly baked cookies everyday!! =)

Andy Cho

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!