“Great Thai food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 213 Restaurants in Redmond
Redmond, Washington
“Great Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Got some take out while on a business trip. The food was excellent and the price was decent. The dining area isn't very large. One thing I thought was odd was that they had a family seated right next to the door when there were plenty of other tables available. It was freezing cold outside, so they would get a blast of cold air whenever the door opened.

Visited November 2011

Seattle, Washington
“small menu great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Exotic aromas assail your senses on entry to this restaurant., Not your regular Thai restaurant- a small simple menu, incredible flavors, and great service

Visited November 2011
Washington
“Meh for me, but inconsistent so you might get lucky.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Other reviews of Iyara were inconsistent - quiet or noisy atmosphere? friendly or rude staff? fast or an hour+ wait for service? tasty or bland food? To see for myself, we bought the Groupon deal for "authentic Thai street food." Except for one other table with noisy kids, we were the only visitors on a Wednesday at 6. With only one waitress working, we were greeted and treated cordially and our order arrived promptly. My husband always orders Pad Thai Beef as spicy as they will make it, but I don't think food should try to hurt you. I wanted something different, so ordered from the specials, one-star Kanom Jeen Sao Nahm (noodles with pineapple and fish balls in coconut sauce) since the picture and description looked good. It was not like the picture. It had very few fish balls sliced thinly like water chestnuts. Instead of saucy noodles that could be served on a leaf, it was soupy served in a ramekin, missing the crushed dried shrimp and chilies (which I asked for on the side). I may be a one-star gal, but I like full flavor, and this was just watery. Even though his noodles were very thin (not the classic rice sticks), my husband was enjoying his ample serving of Pad Thai, so I asked for a menu again and ordered Nham Khao Tod, described as crispy curry-rice pork with cilantro. Not bad, but also not crispy, not curry, and not cilantro but rather mint! My portions seemed meager. Considering the price and the inconsistencies, I left feeling underwhelmed.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We enjoyed the excellent food and service at this small Thai restaurant. Would recommend.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Interesting Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

There are many Thai restaurants which all cook the same things. This one does some of the standard fare, but also includes a variety of unusual dishes, including Cornish game hen and rainbow trout.

Seldom do I bother with dessert at Thai restaurants, the usual options being a mango & rice pudding and some ice cream. Iyara has those, but so much more too. There are a couple of dishes with Chinese donuts. The one we tried, Sung Khayah Bai Teoy, was delicious: Crispy, gorgeous light Chinese donuts (6 of them -- Plenty for 2 to share!) with Pandanus Leaf custard.

• 4 of 5 stars Food