“3 1/2. A great location and front staff; but some dissapointment.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Redmond Marriott Town Center

Special Offer
PRIDE and Joy Package
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Redmond
Boise, Idaho
“3 1/2. A great location and front staff; but some dissapointment.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Though I'm a SPG Platinum, we chose to stay at the Redmond Town Center Marriott for a weekend evening to catch a movie and dinner. The location is excellent for shopping and eateries, no question. Upon arriving, the Valet was nice and friendly, though we self parked (probably shouldn't be a charge for it, but even that is $16.) Oh well. It's close and easy. Ditto on the friendliness of the front desk. Very nice and genuine. Hotel lobby is clean and attractive; we didn't explore it much but no issues. The room however was another issue. Since I have no status with Marriott, my expectations were reasonable. Nevertheless the rooms are small. Very small. No frills but OK. Other than some wallpaper and a few expensive touches like the vanity material, nothing to brag about in the bathroom either. But again, it is fine. No robes or personal touches. One regular coffee with two of us staying (though I'm sure after a call it would have been remedied). I noticed part of the bed was untucked which made me curious so I peeled back the bed sheets. Gross! The linens had NOT been changed. There was body hair and lint all over the sheets. I told the front desk and he was very nice and sympathetic and said he would take care of it immediately, we then left for some shopping. Upon return there was some wine and cheese. A nice gesture. The bed was re-made, but obviously I checked it again. To my chagrin, the sheets had not been changed. Same sheets even with an old spot we noticed from before to confirm it. I again informed the front desk. They were obviously upset that the cleaning staff had blown them off and tried to pull a fast one. I don't know if they thought we were lying or what, but I was not happy about it. As a result, we probably won't be back. I don't appreciate anyone thinking they can pull that off (clearly the cleaning staff tried not once, but twice to avoid changing linens) particularly for over $100 a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here for just one night, but left with great impression.

It's a Marriott, so it has everything a typical Marriott offers - beautiful lobby, friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, ...

What's special about this stay was that I was offered a complimentary upgrade to their presidential suites. It's way too big for a solo traveler like me. I was so tempted to call all my co-workers and friends to come over for a party. ;)

Marriott had my loyalty now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was the hotel of choice for a conference I attended. Wonderfully clean, helpful staff and lovely accommodations. It was a pleasure to stay here and I hope to have the opportunity to return. The location was very easy to find and within a reasonable distance to where we went to visit. I do recommend the self-parking option vs. the valet to save yourself a little money.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I travel every month for business and have stayed in many different hotel chains. The staff at Redmond Marriott are the BEST!! They were very helpful, always attentive and exceptional happy/pleasant! I have never in my 20 years in Sales/traveling ever met such a great staff of people. Some of the other Marriott Hotels should take lessons from them. Thanks for making my stay exceptional!!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Quite nice hotel, with a pleasant staff and ample services nearby in the town center. Parking is expensive / challenging, so definitely keep that in mind beforehand if you're not specifically engaged within walking distance.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've always had a pleasant stay at Marriott hotels, but I have to say the staff members at this hotel were exceptional. The restaurant staff were attentive and friendly without being a disruption. One waitress gave me a card for a free latte at my next meal because "I was a pleasure to serve." Maybe they say that to everyone, but it made me feel special. The front desk staff were helpful and always friendly, whether coming or going from the hotel. The valet attendants were so friendly and provided fast service . . . and remembered my name after the first time of parking my car. Who pays that much attention to customers anymore? Kudos to this Marriott staff and its management. I thought excellent customer service was dead, but not at this hotel. Thank you so much for making this an exceptional stay.

WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We recently held a meeting at this hotel (though I didn't actually stay the night). The meeting facilities were excellent and the service was even better.
The facilities are very modern and "tech" oriented (as you might expect in Redmond). They are like new and have every amenity you could need.
The staff was excellent providing very good food, service and support for our meeting. We had everything we needed for a successful meeting and they continued to ask what more they could do.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Redmond Marriott Town Center? Share your experiences!