“Not worth it anymore” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Redmond
More attraction details
Owner description: At iPic Theaters, we have a passion for movies and provide you with the ultimate escape. We take the stress out of going to the movies: no rush to the concession stand, no skipping dessert and hustling to get a good seat, park once and let your night unfold the way you want it to. At iPic Theaters we are transforming your movie-going experience to a great evening out.
Seattle, Washington
“Not worth it anymore”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Well, it was nice for awhile as a place where adults could go watch a movie and not have loud kids talking during movies, running around and ruining the whole experience. If I wanted to watch a movie with all that I could go to any other theater in the area and pay less in the process. As far as the seats themselves, yes they are comfortable but other theaters have stepped up their game and they have got pretty comfortable.

The food is tasty if not a bit pricy and the drink offerings are nice. However even with that they seemed to have tried to make the place more "family friendly" and toned down the upscale vibe they had before.

I am most annoyed at how when you purchase tickets on there app a warning box comes up and says everyone who enters has to be over 21. That is clearly not true now! It is at least wrong to not advertise a change in your policy that a lot of people likes if not blatant false advertising to still have wording saying it is still a place for those over 21 only.

I know I was not the only one annoyed at this change. I heard several other couples surprised at the change. One other couple shared with me that it is now not worth paying the extra price to watch a movie at iPic. There are other places in the area that are still 21+ only and I will look at those to watch movies for now on.

I have to go far as to say at the movie we went to tonight there were more kids running around and making noise then I have seen at any other theater. And I know kids are going to be a bit noisy and I understand that. That is why we chose a place like iPic before they changed their policy. If your someone who wants to watch a movie with no distractions I can't recommend iPic anymore.

I went today and this will be my last.

Visited February 2014
Karen P, Guest Relations Manager at iPic Theaters, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Kiwicharles, Our main goal of offering a superior moviegoing experience has not changed, regardless of the age of our guests. We appreciate your feedback about the app and will make sure the information is updated.

Seattle, Washington
“Cool food & a movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Watching a movie and eating your dinner IN THE CINEMA has to be one of the coolest experiences out there.

Location: center of Redmond. The cinema rooms are big, the screen is always perfect (no blemishes or cropped images) and the chairs are spacious - plus even the non-premium ones come with a nice "table".

Service: The staff and service are awesome - even if you come 10 minutes before the movie starts, you will still be able to get your food and drinks (and even help to get them to your seats) before the actual movie starts.

Food: The menu is varied and interesting - i personally prefer the portobello sliders (mini sandwiches with a shroom inside and goat cheese), while my husband loves the ale battered chicken and truffle fries. The drink menu has a wide array of drinks, but you can always ask for a drink that you feel like it and is not on the menu.

I had a great experience every time i went there.

Visited February 2014
3 attraction reviews
“New Year eve treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Located just steps from hotel, the ipic theater was a real treat. Good service, small individual pizzas were perfect for light snack with the movie. Wine in your seat while watching the movie - what could be better!!

Visited December 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Very Comfy Seats Okish Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Food is a bit over priced for its quality and they have very limited desert options. But the cinema itself is very clean and comfortable

Visited January 2014
Woodinville
“I can't go to a normal theater any more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The experience at iPic is awesome. It's comfortable, it's perfect for viewing a good movie with friends. Food service is good, and the food itself is surprisingly good (though a little difficult to eat in the dark - we make do, though!). Like the title says, we've been spoiled by iPic and will have a difficult time going to a "traditional" movie theater again.

Visited January 2014