“A new home close to home + amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Free Wine Tasting
Ranked #1 of 2 Redmond B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“A new home close to home + amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had my doubts when I found out we had booked a place 2 minutes from my childhood home, a place I had driven by thousands of times during my youth. How would it compare? We could no longer stay with my parents due to a worsening allergic reaction so when we rolled down the long driveway with its solar powered guide lights, I didn't know what to think. It also didn't help that I was 4 hours early and we didn't know if my wife's extremely sensitive allergies would react here too.

Not only did the allergies not react, but the room, as big as many suites, acted as a haven for us to retreat to after spending hours gift shopping or with family. Karen and Bob were some of the kindest souls I've had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with and Bob cooks some of the most amazing breakfasts this side of France (where his passion for cooking was born). I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to chat them up, but what time I had was full of smiles and laughs and the feeling that we now had two homes on union hill.

Would I recommend this place, this haven? Absolutely! My wife could stay with her allergies, my 2 year old daughter explored their expansive common area and kitchen when she got restless, and I felt like I gained two friends and a new home so close to my old one. They're building/restoring the manor's old trail system so when there's a little less water on the ground and in the air, I look forward to wandering those too

Thanks guys!! Happy New Years!
Evan and Erica +1

PS i don't know about the wine, but if its anywhere near as good as the breakfasts or inn, then wine lovers better book this place quick.

PPS seriously, the breakfasts were so freaking good, and this is coming from a guy who spent 3 years touring Boston area breakfast joints every Saturday. If for no other reason, stay for the breakfasts!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our second stay at Meritage and once again it was lovely. We had two wonderful, relaxing nights away. Our room this time had a 2 person jetted soaking tub and an exceptionally comfy bed. The breakfasts were outstanding. The wine tasting was fun and informative. The innkeepers are beyond wonderful and pointed us to a great dinner at Tropea. All in all a great time at a place I would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We loved the Yakima room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in the largest room, with the huge tub and a sauna. The room was enormous and the view looked out into the wooded area on the property. I enjoyed taking a bath in their jacuzzi tub and my partner took advantage of the sauna. I requested a massage when I arrived and the massage therapist did a fantastic job working out all the travel stress and work stress knots on my back. It was a great way to start my stay there. After the massage, Bob invited me to a wine tasting. He makes a great dry riesling, which I enjoyed tasting with Karen and their son. The cat greeted me when I came in the door and was very sweet and friendly throughout our visit. They have cat free quarters though, for those who are allergic. The next day I was able to walk the grounds and take some photographs. They have a beautiful property and a nice patio out back. Then Bob invited us to his winery in another building on the property. We saw the room where he kept all the barrels of wine. The breakfast was filling and very good. They accommodate vegetarians. I would have loved to stay another night, especially in the warm weather. I recommend staying at least two nights because there are so many wineries in the area and you are very close to them at this B&B. It would've been fun having a picnic out back with a bottle of wine. So, in short, they are flexible, friendly, and have a well kept b & b that makes me wish I lived there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I cannot begin to say enough about our stay at Meritage. So I will start with the beginning. Upon arrival we were greeted by Bob who gave us a wonderfully relaxed tour, answered questions, invited us to the wine tasting, and then quickly left us to ourselves. The room was perfect: heated tile, oversize spacious 2 person jet tub, comfy bed, great view. ipod dock.

We enjoyed our wine tasting and all that we learned from Bob and Karen about wine. He was so knowledgeable and didn't make me (a novice at all things wine) feel stupid for any of my questions. He also helped us select some great tastings for our next day of wine tasting.

Bob and Karen were so kind and accommodation, we could no believe we were so close to home but the location and advice given by Bob and Karen made us feel like we were in a completely new location.

The breakfast was AMAZING. The scones they had at every breakfast were delicious. If you have been to a B&B before and got the feeling that you were not very welcome, this is the B&B to renew your faith. Loved it.

Also, try the Cinque wines. We went home with two and love telling our friends all about our trip and the wine when we share it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
A small town in Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for the purpose if wine tasting Woodinville about twenty minutes away. Easy access to 520 and into Seattle Bellevue.
Very nice rooms with snacks and treats every where. The walla walla room is large and comfy with a kichenette. Nice wine gasses in each room. The red mountain room has a sauna and deep tub. Heated towel racks and bathroom tile. Great breakfast and great inn keepers.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend as part of his bday celebration for two nights. Although we live in Seattle, and have gone to Woodinville/Redmond on many occasions before, we still felt like we had "gotten away". The owners, Bob and Karen, are as about as wonderful of hosts as you could hope for. Bob does his very best to accommodate any food issues his guests may have so he can make them a delicious breakfast in the morning. Every night at around 5:30pm, he and Karen host a casual wine tasting of their own wines, Cinq Cellars. It's a great time to chat with them and the other guests.

The Inn is very pretty and we so wanted to stay in one of the rooms upstairs. Instead, we got the detached room called Walla Walla. It was great for privacy and that it has a TV but it also had a bit of a moldy smell upon entering. That and the slightly dismal decor were the only negatives. Everything else, the heated towels, floors, TV, the free snacks/tea/coffee/water/ HAAGEN daaz ice cream bars were above and beyond. I also loved that the toiletries were all environmentally aware and smelled great!

We would stay here again and even in that same room. I loved eating breakfast with the abundant beautiful nature scenery right outside the window. Very relaxing. Perhaps next time we could try going in the warmer season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Most B&Bs we've tried have been nice, but the owners of this one go the extra mile to assure that every possible need of guests has been taken care of.

The facility is wonderful, rooms comfortable, public rooms great (with access to books, games, puzzles, PC, fax, printer, etc.), and food very good.

It is very easy to find in a beautiful rural setting (although it's actually only a few miles from downtown Redmond) - very quiet and peaceful.

The reservation process was very efficient, and the owners are friendly without being intrusive.

I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms (all upstairs) in the main house. They differ in size, configuration, and bath am...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Meritage Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!