“Lovely, clean place with lots of charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Redmond B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Sioux Falls South Dakota, United States
“Lovely, clean place with lots of charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in the largest room, with the huge tub and a sauna. The room was enormous and the view looked out into the wooded area on the property. I enjoyed taking a bath in their jacuzzi tub and my partner took advantage of the sauna. I requested a massage when I arrived and the massage therapist did a fantastic job working out all the travel stress and work stress knots on my back. It was a great way to start my stay there. After the massage, Bob invited me to a wine tasting. He makes a great dry riesling, which I enjoyed tasting with Karen and their son. The cat greeted me when I came in the door and was very sweet and friendly throughout our visit. They have cat free quarters though, for those who are allergic. The next day I was able to walk the grounds and take some photographs. They have a beautiful property and a nice patio out back. Then Bob invited us to his winery in another building on the property. We saw the room where he kept all the barrels of wine. The breakfast was filling and very good. They accommodate vegetarians. I would have loved to stay another night, especially in the warm weather. I recommend staying at least two nights because there are so many wineries in the area and you are very close to them at this B&B. It would've been fun having a picnic out back with a bottle of wine. So, in short, they are flexible, friendly, and have a well kept b & b that makes me wish I lived there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I cannot begin to say enough about our stay at Meritage. So I will start with the beginning. Upon arrival we were greeted by Bob who gave us a wonderfully relaxed tour, answered questions, invited us to the wine tasting, and then quickly left us to ourselves. The room was perfect: heated tile, oversize spacious 2 person jet tub, comfy bed, great view. ipod dock.

We enjoyed our wine tasting and all that we learned from Bob and Karen about wine. He was so knowledgeable and didn't make me (a novice at all things wine) feel stupid for any of my questions. He also helped us select some great tastings for our next day of wine tasting.

Bob and Karen were so kind and accommodation, we could no believe we were so close to home but the location and advice given by Bob and Karen made us feel like we were in a completely new location.

The breakfast was AMAZING. The scones they had at every breakfast were delicious. If you have been to a B&B before and got the feeling that you were not very welcome, this is the B&B to renew your faith. Loved it.

Also, try the Cinque wines. We went home with two and love telling our friends all about our trip and the wine when we share it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
A small town in Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for the purpose if wine tasting Woodinville about twenty minutes away. Easy access to 520 and into Seattle Bellevue.
Very nice rooms with snacks and treats every where. The walla walla room is large and comfy with a kichenette. Nice wine gasses in each room. The red mountain room has a sauna and deep tub. Heated towel racks and bathroom tile. Great breakfast and great inn keepers.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend as part of his bday celebration for two nights. Although we live in Seattle, and have gone to Woodinville/Redmond on many occasions before, we still felt like we had "gotten away". The owners, Bob and Karen, are as about as wonderful of hosts as you could hope for. Bob does his very best to accommodate any food issues his guests may have so he can make them a delicious breakfast in the morning. Every night at around 5:30pm, he and Karen host a casual wine tasting of their own wines, Cinq Cellars. It's a great time to chat with them and the other guests.

The Inn is very pretty and we so wanted to stay in one of the rooms upstairs. Instead, we got the detached room called Walla Walla. It was great for privacy and that it has a TV but it also had a bit of a moldy smell upon entering. That and the slightly dismal decor were the only negatives. Everything else, the heated towels, floors, TV, the free snacks/tea/coffee/water/ HAAGEN daaz ice cream bars were above and beyond. I also loved that the toiletries were all environmentally aware and smelled great!

We would stay here again and even in that same room. I loved eating breakfast with the abundant beautiful nature scenery right outside the window. Very relaxing. Perhaps next time we could try going in the warmer season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Most B&Bs we've tried have been nice, but the owners of this one go the extra mile to assure that every possible need of guests has been taken care of.

The facility is wonderful, rooms comfortable, public rooms great (with access to books, games, puzzles, PC, fax, printer, etc.), and food very good.

It is very easy to find in a beautiful rural setting (although it's actually only a few miles from downtown Redmond) - very quiet and peaceful.

The reservation process was very efficient, and the owners are friendly without being intrusive.

I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms (all upstairs) in the main house. They differ in size, configuration, and bath am...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a gem hidden in the forest of Redmond, WA and yet just only a few miles from downtown.
I you like quiet place surrounded by evergreen trees, so calming and peaceful, this B&B is for you.
It has a lot of outdoor area to enjoy, like gazebo, well maintain lawn to play and hammocks to chill.
A lot of wooden deck/patio area for relaxing. It has a small, but adequate gym! As well as a TV/Theatre room with small a library to catch up with the news, watch a movie or just do some quiet reading.
Karen and Bob are great hosts. They keep the place immaculately clean and well maintained. Bob is a first class cook, with a wide variety of breakfast dishes to offer. Just let him know if your taste is on sweet or savory side and he’ll fix a great breakfast for you, along with freshly baked, in the morning, scones or muffins.
Each evening there’s a wine tasting gathering where you could meet and chat with the hosts and other guests over a nice platter of cheeses, nuts and crackers. By the way, the wine is made by the ‘Cinq’ winery of which Bob and Karen part owners.
This is definitely not a place for someone seeking loud and busy restaurant/bar atmosphere when staying in a typical hotel. Here you get quality, intelligent conversations with the owners and other guests, and if you need privacy, you can always retire to your room.
I stayed in the Walla Walla room, which is not part of the main house, and is located over the car garage building. It is a very large room, with rustic look and feel. I loved the wood all over it and heated floors, especially in the bathroom.
I loved my two weekly stays there and will repeat if have a chance. I definitely recommend this place.
Cheers!

Room Tip: If you are a news junkie like myself and don’t want to share watching TV with others you need to get...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MeritageMeadows, Owner at Meritage Meadows Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are so happy you found Meritage Meadows too. This reviewer was the first to gain our frequent traveler reward of a tenth night free! Thanks for staying with us and we hope many follow in the path you have blazed.
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

There is more to Redmond than Microsoft! My wife and I took advantage of a two night special stay at Meritage Meadows Inn as a short getaway to the Seattle and Bellevue area. The Inn is located about two miles east of Redmond on Union Hill Road. The approach to the house is along a winding driveway passing trees, a pond, and grapevines. The inn itself is a 6000 sq ft, west coast style, single family house that has been converted beautifully into an outstanding B&B.

Bob and Karen are excellent hosts; they are proud of their home, and rightly so. Each of the four rooms is named after a local Washington feature, we stayed in the Puget Room. Each room has its own heating or cooling system. The beds are very comfortable with high quality linens, the towels are thick and warmed on the heated towel rail. The heated ceramic floor in the bathroom is a nice luxury, as are the bath robes. The rooms are spacious and well furnished; coffee and tea is available at all times, as well as home-made cookies and snacks. There was no TV in the room, but a media room is available for those who need to watch TV or any of the DVDs that are available. There is a well equipped exercise room, and guests are encouraged to explore the decks, gazebo, and foot paths.

Breakfasts on the two mornings were excellent - waffles with sauteed peaches and bacon, and Benedict-style poached eggs with smoked ham and a white wine cheese sauce were an excellent start to our days. These were accompanied by fresh fruit, fresh homemade scones and muffins, coffee, tea, and freshly squeezed apple juice. Bob and Karen are both creative and talented cooks.

The 14 acre property also houses Cinq Winery, Bob and Karen's second love. On our last morning, we were treated to a tour of the winery and watched the arrival of two tons of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes and the start of their conversion into fine wine. As an additional bonus for the guests, a wine tasting session is held each evening to feature the products of Cinq Winery. Chatting with the hosts with a glass of wine, cheese, grapes, and nuts is a pleasant way to end the day.

Meritage Meadows Inn is very attractive alternative to staying in one of the numerous hotels in the area, and one that we would strongly suggest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Meritage Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!