“Amazing value for the price - you should eat here!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver
“Amazing value for the price - you should eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

So I'm from Vancouver, Canada - home of numerous Asian restaurants. I eat Asian food all the time but I have to say it's been a long time since I've had Szechuan food this good at such a reasonable price. I really wanted to come here during my stay in Redmond because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. I ended up here around 12:45 p.m. on a Friday afternoon. There were only a few free tables so I felt lucky to get one - most of the restaurant was busy and I was pleased to see all different types of people at the tables - lots of Asian folks (always a good sign at an Asian restaurant), some hipsters, some folks eating solo, families and what looked like several groups of co-workers.

My menu was delivered immediately, followed by a thermos (!) of steaming hot tea and a large glass of water. We were off to an excellent start. My hot & sour soup arrived shortly thereafter. Yummy. I perused the menu for quite a while as I was having all sorts of trouble making up my mind. I finally decided on the pickled vegetables with pork - a dish I've always been curious to try but have never had before. I chose fried rice over steamed. My food arrived very quickly and smelled delicious. And it was delicious! It was spicy and full of flavour - I could see what looked like slices of bird's eye chili mixed in with the meat and vegetables. It was a large enough portion that I was able to take some back to the hotel to heat up for a midnight snack. Even though I put the takeaway container in the trunk of the car, it still smelled up the whole vehicle with stinky deliciousness (a sure sign of good Szechuan food, in my opinion). And, the meal came to less than $9 including tax (lunch special pricing). Awesome. I wish this place was in my neighbourhood.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Little treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my favorite take out in the Redmond area! By the time you order the food on the phone, to the time you are eating it at home takes about 20 minutes in total. My partner and I almost always order an appetizer of Pork Potstickers, Vegetable egg rolls or the Green onion pancakes - both of which are incredibly yummy - especially the pancakes, of which I have never had before! We have tried alot of dishes, from Sesame Crispy Chicken, Sweet & Sour Chicken, to the Sizzling Beef Szechuan Style, Kung pao Chicken... etc, and each dish has been great. The spicy levels are very good. I do wish they offered a fried rice option along with the entree, that was the same price as the boiled rice option, currently their fried rice option only seems to be another entree.

We have eaten in the restaurant once, it is a very casual and basic restaurant to eat in, but there is no compromise to the food, it still tastes awesome. Just to note that there are no free refills, when you order a soda, you get it in a can and that is it, so don't come expecting refills.

Overall, our experience with this restaurant has always been really great.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Jordan
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I followed the recommendation from a co-worker. I was very pleasantly surprised. The crispy chicken meal I ordered was phenomenal. There was no wait and the food/service was excellent. I was surprised that it is not busier.

Visited January 2013
cape cod, ma
“wire in eggroll”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were excited to eat here after reading reviews. We were seated immediately by what may be owner. Water and tea were brought very quickly. Thats the end of the good of our experience. We waited forever to place our order. The wrong food came. Fried version of the right dish. Very very heavy and greasy. The english of waiter was not good. I bit into eggroll and it was gross. Very little inside and greasey. Then I felt something sharp in my mouth. It was a piece of metal. I called over waitress...which I think was Mrs. owner. She explained is was probably part of the metal brush used to clean the grill and that this can happen sometimes...REALLY!. Her english was not terrific. We continued to eat because we were starving and waited so long...not the eggrolls. In hind site what was I thinking! The bill came...we were expected to pay for the eggrolls. Was not able to communicate. Just paid and left but will say I was sick for 2 days following. It is likely the I swallowed grill brush parts.

Not sure I will eat chinese again soon. New Years is tonight and my husband (who was not with us) says are we ordering chinese tonight....I am green just thinking about it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Wa
“Superior Chinese Food deposited unapologetically on your table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food this good could be combined with doting personable service - in a finer dining room - for a much higher tariff. It is clear that the focus here is all about the food: masterful spicy plated creations, deposited to your table most efficiently, then on to the next table! I remind myself that such places are bargains of the good food world. I had the Dan Dan noodles with Chicken and spicy broth. How do they sell such an exquisite creation for under 10.00? Don't miss the food here.

• Visited December 2012