“A wow experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Seattle/Redmond

You added HYATT house Seattle/Redmond to your Saves list
HYATT house Seattle/Redmond
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15785 Bear Creek Parkway NE, Redmond, WA 98052 (Formerly Hotel Sierra Redmond)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Redmond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria, Canada
“A wow experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hotels can wow me largely in 2 ways: 1. Deliver a lot tonne of value for the money or 2. Deliver above my expectations for the brand/rating. Hyatt House exceeded in both ways by miles.

It's graded as a 3 star hotel but his is cut above a Holiday Inn, a Hilton and a Crowne Plaza. The bed is a 3 star bed (not as plush as a Hyatt or a Pan Pacific) but all the other furnishings are high quality and 4 star like. The amenities are also a cut above - for example, the restaurant is modern, comfortable and has an outdoor fire pit. It's a nice place to spend a bit of time. The kitchenette is well stocked with everything you need to cook up basic meals and the fridge is big enough to hold the makings of a great party.

Value-wise, I can't remember another hotel that deliver so much for so little. The free breakfast includes a full selection of hot and cold foods including an omelette bar. It was very busy on Sunday morning and the staff couldn't keep up with the demand for a while but otherwise this was a very impressive spread. Parking is included as well as fast wi-fi with no restrictions. The TV doesn't have those annoying hotel menus so you can get right to watching TV. Service was excellent, Ashley at front desk was warm and knowledgable and all the staff were very helpful and friendly.

This hotel is ideal for both people on business or families who want flexibility.

I was there to visit someone in Redmond and the location is great for those who are in Redmond or Bellevue - the supermarkets and restaurants are walking distance. It's pretty far from Seattle but considering the value proposition it's a place I will consider even if my plans are in Seattle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed over night to be closer to Monroe. I loved the location, close to Redmond Town Center, restaurants and the movies. The Hyatt is located amongst apartments, so you will need to watch for signs to direct you where to go. Easy to miss from the main street if you have not been there before. We booked a suite, that has a pullout sofa in the livingroom and a seperate bedroom with a door. The room was modern and clean. It feels like a condo or apartment. There is a parking garage shared by the hyatt and apartments. Once you park just take the elevator and you get off outside where you can walk into the entrance of the hotel.The breaskfast was very good. Waffles you dont have to make yourself, bacon,eggs with cheese which it is easy to eat around the cheese. You can also have an omellete cooked to order. There is a washer and dryer available but it is coin operated a little inconvenient. There is also a little market inside to get snacks. I did not have cash on me but I was able to get my kids snacks for the road and bill it to my room. I do wish the hyatt house had bigger suties for bigger families. The room was a little small for two adults and three children. I would stay at the Hyatt again. Oh, if using your gps to get directions to the Hyatt, you have to put the old name Hotel Sierra in for the gps to get directions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Everything that I would want in a place to stay away from home, this place had it. Starting with a friendly staff to greet you, the lobby/hallways are very neat and well appointed. The suite room was extremely clean, the soaps/shampoos/lotion were in dispensers, the beds were comfortable, the balcony added well to the mix. Breakfast was complimentary and elaborate.

The location is good as well, it is very close to the Redmond city center and a few miles away from the Bellevue downtown. They also have an indoor pool that seemed clean and a business center as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mougins, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Now that the property (actually the whole chain) was taken over by Hyatt and rebranded "Hyatt House," I decided to stay there for my last business trip. I must say what the hotel website promised was definitely executed at the hotel. I had a beautiful room with kitchenette and balcony, all clean with high quality furnishings and bed in beautiful modern design. Usually, you get a sub-par breakfast at such suite hotels, but here I was pleasantly surprised by the big selection of hot and cold foods, including a custom omelette station. The decor of the hotel gives the place a five-star feeling plus the staff was delightful everywhere I encountered them. The Hyatt touch has certainly found its way into this new sub-brand and kept up the good reputation the property already had as Hotel Sierra. I look forward to staying there again during my next visit to Redmond.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I've stayed at the Hotel Sierra (now the Hyatt House Redmond) 4 times in the past year. Each time I have had a very positive experience.

The office I work at is in the next building, so the location is absolutely ideal for me. It's also an easy walk to Redmond Town Centre (a great shopping and eating area) and downtown Redmond. It is also right next to a linear park system that features waterside trails for many miles. A short drive away is the Microsoft main campus, and it's interesting visitors center. Downtown Bellevue is 15 minutes drive, Downtown Seattle is 30 minutes as is the airport (barring unpredictable Seattle traffic).

Rooms are trendy and comfortable, and well sound proofed. The place also has a European feel, right down to needing a card in a reader by the door to turn on the electricity.

The pool is very nice, and the lobby lounge is welcoming. Breakfast is provided in the morning, and it is above average in quality.

Service is great - desk staff are always friendly. I even came in last time - my company's travel department failed to secure my reservation - but they pulled a rabbit out of a hat, and found a room for me, even securing my regular corporate rate.

Well done folks!

Room Tip: Try a room on the top floor - you get high ceilings in the living room area :-)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

For my son's birthday he wanted to stay at a hotel with an indoor pool, so my wife picked out the Hyatt House (Formerly Hotel Sierra) in Redmond, WA. We stayed in a suite which had a separate room for a king-size bed, with the adjoining room having a pullout sofa bed, desk, club chair, and kitchen area. Both rooms had a large LCD TV with several satellite cable channels. The Kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, two burner electric stove top, and sink. This suite had all the esentials of home (plates, cups, coffee maker, toaster, pots and pans, silverware, etc) that you would need for an extended stay.

The room had Internet access via WiFi, which I tested as being 2.7 Mbits/sec (which is actually fairly fast). Our room was also very quiet, and had a thermostat to control the temp of the room. So this suite worked out just great for my wife, son, and two nieces for our one night stay.

The indoor pool was great, and my son really loved it. It was very large and heated to 75 deg F. There was also a hot tub in the same pool room heated at 95 deg F. So we all had a great time swimming and playing around in the pool. The Hyatt House also had a great workout room (the best that I've seen in all my business travels) with ellipitical trainers, recumbent bike, treadmills, and free weights. Lots of individual TVs to keep you entertained while working out.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was good, with the usual fair of scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage, waffles, toast, fruit, yogurt, fresh juice. The staff will also make omlettes at your request. The Starbucks gourmet coffee was great.

So in all, this hotel was probably one of the best hotels I've stayed at considering I've stayed in various hotels over the last 12 years for business. The room, staff, lobby, and amenities are just above par. Not to say that the near by Redmond Town Center has excellent restaurants within just a few short minutes drive. So, I'd definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers and those who want to spend a quiet weekend away from home.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in one of the higher floors. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very q...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We went on a last minute trip to Seattle and decided to spend the night - we were trying to find a place that was dog friendly, but had a very hard time finding a place that didn't charge us a huge pet fee. We walked in and were promptly greeted at the front desk - their computer systems were a little slow, but that is by no fault of theirs. After we checked in, we unloaded the car (the parking garage across the way is very bright, and clean), and went up to our room. They had upgraded us from a normal room to one with a kitchen - which was immaculate. The entire hotel (room included) looked brand new. The bed was beyond comfortable and the flat screen tv was very nice. The shades in the room, along with the curtains made it really dark at night and that is always a plus. The shampoo / conditioner and soap were not the cheapy ones that some hotels use and the toilet paper (i know - silly to mention, but it meant a lot to us!) was 2 ply, not the cheap 1 ply stuff! The front desk clerks told us that we were able to partake in the continental breakfast the next morning, but failed to mention that it's not the typical breakfast. The food was setup like a buffet, and had breakfast potatoes, fresh scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, pancakes - it was like we were at a sit down breakfast. We will be going back - I loved it and am so happy we were able to stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to HYATT house Seattle/Redmond? Share your experiences!