“Great hotel for a quick stay” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
2122 152nd Ave. NE, Redmond, WA 98052   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Redmond
Whistler, Canada
“Great hotel for a quick stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

clean, big rooms, free wifi. Great breakfast facilities. Some nearby restaurant options as well. Ample free parking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The pros;

- Very good quality bedding and towels for this class of hotel
- Location
- Price
- Well equipped gym
- Staff

The cons;
- Very noisy. Creaky floors, thin walls, loud plumbing and the dreaded window AC unit are not a good recipe for a good nights sleep.
- No restaurant or room service

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Roseburg, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Made a quick trip to Seattle to see Cavalia and stayed here because we like the Silver Cloud in Portland. Clean and attractive facility, comfortable room, soft beds, generous free breakfast. Good weekend rate through Booking.com, since their focus seems to be weekday business travelers to nearby Microsoft campus. The young man who checked us in was courteous, professional, and helpfully printed out a map to our show venue. Had a concern at checkout which the manager addressed ASAP to our complete satisfaction. Overall, a nice place to stay, with market, drugstore, and restaurants a few blocks away. If you like Thai food, try the Bai Tong near Safeway. The 520 takes you into downtown Seattle on the toll bridge, and is also a straight shot
(with no toll) to the impressive Boeing plant tour in Everett.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Silver Cloud Inn Redmond is located where there are lots of chain restaurants and a number of strip malls nearby. Located off WA-520, the location is good for getting to Bellevue quickly or to Seattle on the 520, but beware, 520 is now a toll road across the Evergreen Point floating bridge. To avoid the toll, you will have to go from the 520 to I-405 and then to I-5 to get into Seattle if you don’t want to pay a toll.

This property seems fairly new, although not brand new. It isn’t an extravagant property, and feels a bit more high-end motel than full on hotel. The lobby doubles for the morning breakfast space. Breakfast looked fairly good and had a nice selection of hot foods, however as is typical with our travel, we were already booked with friends to have breakfast with them at another restaurant.

Our room was quite large, we had booked a jetted tub room and found the room larger than we expected even with the jetted tub. The room was spotless, and there was an extra kid of jetted tub soaps and bath salts that looked to be special to a room with a jetted tub.

The bed was more comfortable than I had expected, with plenty of pillows, enough that I could stack them up to make up for how flat and compressed feather pillows get.

The wireless access worked very well. When you check in they put your room key in an envelope which has the username and password to the wifi listed on it.

Bath soaps were Aveda branded, which is a nice touch for a hotel in this category. The bathroom had a convenient configuration. The bathroom itself has one sink and a large counter along with the toilet and standard tub/shower. Just outside the bathroom is another bathroom style sink and small counter in an alcove. This is very convenient especially when sharing a room with others.

The Silver Cloud also has an indoor pool and spa, but we didn’t have the time to use it while we were there.

All in all, the price we paid was very competitive compared to the amount of room we had. I have actually never booked a jetted tub room at a hotel for as low a price as I did at the Silver Cloud.

I highly recommend the Silver Cloud.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are very quite. There is only one elevator, it can get busy depending on the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011 via mobile

My family flew up for business as well as pleasure -- we have friends in the area so when my husband was asked to come on business our two kids and I joined him. I asked to use the restroom before we checked in and the young man told me they were for guests only! I told him we were thinking of staying there and he came back with the statement that it was 149 plus tax -- as if that was out of my price range. I asked to see a room, having read some of the reviews, and he responded that he couldn't leave the desk, and that "the rooms are great, trust me we are a business hotel," in a very snotty tone of voice. I left with a full bladder and let my husband deal with the jerk (he was cordial to him so I'm guessing they don't get many families here). The room was adequate but for the noisy air conditioner and stuffiness, and all the other staff were quite friendly but the way I was treated like a vagrant really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My granddaughter and I spent the long weekend here. I asked for a quiet room on the top floor and that is what I got for the most part. The only noise came from the neighbour having a shower which was surprisingly loud. I appreciated the weekend price. When I tried to come down a day earlier, the price would have jumped by $60 because, I was told, the computer was not set up for the weekend price even though it was a Rememberance or Veteren's Day the next day. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I liked the location as it had lots of services nearby and the 520 freeway, yet it was set back from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the top floor away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed 2 nights here with my mom and brother over the weekend. It was pretty decent, I don't have too many complaints. The location was good. It's only a couple minutes drive to Bellevue Square, and there are quite a number of food/grocery options nearby. It's also worth noting the fact that this hotel isn't located immediately next to the highway, so highway noise is something you won't experience here. The first thing we noticed inside the hotel was that the rooms were spotless. It was quite evident that the property is well taken care of. The beds were nice and comfortable, and had lots of pillows which I like. There was a nice big LCD TV in our room, which was a nice touch and it did an excellent job keeping us entertained on a lazy night. I also loved the fact there was a double sink so it really sped things up in the morning, this is a feat that very few hotels have. Breakfast buffet is served here. There was a good selection: scrambled eggs, sausages, waffle-machines, toast, danish sweets, cereal etc.. Quality of the hot food wasn't the best, but hey when it's free I can't really complain. =] Complementary wireless internet was also really nice to have. (You would be surprised how many hotels don't seem to get it right because they are cheap and don't set up enough wireless repeaters across the building to make sure all rooms get a good signal. But this hotel is definitely not one of those as far as I could tell.) We didn't get a chance to sample the pool and jacuzzi so no comment.

It wasn't all perfect, as there were a few tiny things that bugged me. The first one that I noticed immediately pulling up to the hotel was the size of the parking spaces in the lot! Almost all of them looked like they were meant for compact cars. In fact, I drive a VW Golf and thought they were a bit tight, I'd imagine trying to park one of those bigger SUVs here would not be a simple task. The second thing that kind of bugged me was the shower head. Even though we had water gushing out really fast out of the faucet, the shower head in my room felt extremely slow.. it looked like it was adjustable but spinning the tab on the shower head didn't seem to have any effect, so it took a little longer to shower. Thirdly, I found the toilet in my room seemed very small as well. It might have been just some rooms because my friend stayed on a different floor and said his was fine.

But other than these minor complaints, I think the quality of Silver Cloud Inn Redmond is quite good overall. Price was also one of the reasons I chose to stay here. I wouldn't mind staying here again the next time I visit Seattle.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Silver Cloud Inn Redmond? Share your experiences!