“Fun with Out-of-State Guests” 4 of 5 stars

Cave B Estate Winery & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Silica Road NW, Quincy, WA 98848   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
Kirkland, WA
“Fun with Out-of-State Guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our group of two couples was on a road tour in Eastern Washington so Cave B was on our way home to Seattle. We stayed in yurts #18 and 17 which we found to be in an excellent location for unobstructed views of the Columbia River Gorge and surrounding vineyards. The yurts were an enjoyable and unique experience. The resort is isolated so bring snacks and beverages to enjoy along with the view. Make reservations ahead for Tendrils, the restaurant. The food for both dinner and breakfast was excellent with fresh and well prepared ingredients though on the pricey side. Skip the wine tasting room. Wines are not note-worthy and the server was grumpy. Allow time for the pool and just enjoying the view on your porch. The clean rooms were quite large with comfortable beds and a skylight at the top. Furnishings were a little worn but acceptable. The counter over the refrigerator looked unfinished - odd. A stand-up fan was appreciated and needed to help the AC. Maps for three hiking trails are provided but you must allow extra time for this activity. This resort is not really good value but its gorgeous setting and yurt style rooms provide a fun and unique experience for out-of-state guests.

Room Tip: For the best views from the yurts, choose # 16,17,18,1,2,3 or 10.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed in one of the cliff houses while attending a wedding in late autumn. The location is beautiful. My cliff house was clean and comfortable. The resort is quite a drive--about 11 miles from the town of Quincy, so if you think that you are going to want drinks, snacks,etc I suggest that you bring them with you. The only meal I ate there was the wedding dinner. The food and wine
were excellent.

Room Tip: cliffe house #4 has an unimpeded view, was close to parking and not hard to find in the dark. I def...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
seekingserenity5863
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Cave B two times first time was better then the second. The rooms are showing a lack of maintanence. Both trips included a spa package that we could not use. We could not get in during our stay, booked up.We paid extra for it and they would refund the spa cost. Dinner on our first stay was excellant, on the last trip just alright. When I spend $250.00 on dinner it should be great. The service at the dinner was very good. We also did the wine tasting and that was well done. The staff there were very knowledgable and the wines are very nice. After two stays I see no reason to ever go back to much for to little.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

4 of us shared two cliff houses for the weekend. Generally it was a very good experience. The staff was excellent with great attitudes, willingness to help and smiles all around. We had dinner both nights at Tendril's with one a little dissapointing and the other great. Prices were comiserate with a hotel/resort of this type. One dissapointment was that Tendril's only serves Cave B wine, it would have been nice to have a wider selection. At our second night's dinner we brought in a wine we had wanted to try and paid the $15 corkage.
Rooms were very nice, clean, and well maintained with super great views!
This is a very unique place and we are looking forward to a return visit in the spring

Room Tip: Reserve well in advance to book a cliff house.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was at Cave B fa for a couple of night last August for my birthday with a friend. From beginning to end I couldn't be more please with the place that I picked for my 30th birthday celebration. Perfect location, great architecture, beautiful scenery, great wines, and good food. Everything was perfect but I got to admit that the staff was what made the difference between any luxury Hotel and Cave B. The couldn't be more kind, friendly and helpful. They went beyond my expectations to satisfy my needs and to provide me with the best experience ever. I especially want to thank Leroy to go above his limits to find me when my sister needed to get a hold with me over the phone. Thank you Cave B for a wonderful experience! I will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We went Cave B Inn for a wedding, and had the experience of staying in two different room types due to the 'better rooms' being booked over the weekend. Suffice to say, there is a huge difference in quality of stay based on room type. First night = cliff room, and it was spectacular. However, I strongly agree with other reviewers here that the Inn's service is sketchy at best. We had no directory on the in room phones, and had better luck getting someone to answer on requests (ie: spa reservation) when we phoned in via cell. Second night = Yurt. Now, I'm not a pollyanna about what you get when you stay in something called a Yurt, but the issues we had were directly related to upkeep of those rooms. Amenities were missing (soap, hair dryer, towels). There was a fly paper strip full of little bug corpses hanging near our bed. And then -- worst of all -- we found out just how bad the insect issue was when we found wasps in the yurt, including in our bed. I get it -- some 'wildlife' is to be expected in the middle of a vineyard, but the Inn was not at all helpful (although apologetic). It took hours for maintenance to come in and spray our yurt to kill the wasps, and even then it just seemed to anger the bugs. I'm not found of being in a room that was just dosed with bug spray, and even less found of trying to relax while dodging flies & wasps falling in a death spiral from the ceiling. It was completely unnerving, and we almost slept in our car. Please note that the bride was also incredibly dissappointed by the series of event planners provided for her wedding & reception -- they apparently kept disappearing and were little to no help (see: Staff problem). Also note that once you're there, you're 30 minutes from restaurant options other than Cave B's, and they tend to have a limited menu and limited hours. They were actually turning away members of the wedding party for the brunch because there was not enough room / food. Not even a vending machine to fall back on. They seriously need to work on the service and quality details, which is unfortunate since the location is beautiful. The vineyard has different management from the Inn, and it shows.

Room Tip: Yurts = I cannot recommend, even for happy campers. Cliffroom = yes. Add lots of wine, and its prob...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Walla Walla, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful dramatic location, but seriously understaffed. We stayed in one of the cliff houses below the main inn. There was no one to help us with our luggage, which we struggled with down many stairs to the house. The room was spacious, but only had one luggage rack and the heater fan was so noisy we turned it off. The DVD player had been removed from our room. There was no information describing the hotel amenities. When I called the front desk to inquire, I was told that the compendium was being updated. Ice was available by walking back to the front desk. At dinner, there was only one server and his assistant. The food was good, but we were surprised that they only offer the Cave B wine, which is average at best. The stairs down to our room were not completely lit, making the return from dinner treacherous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cave B Estate Winery & Resort? Share your experiences!